49 Enhance shaman

Skodki

Veteran
So I just finished leveling my 49 Enhance and was wondering about a few things, which I can and will most certainly test but wondering if other people have already done such or have any points that I'm missing.
1. Thoughts about flurry axe for either MH/OH over ribsplitter? My initial assumption is it is too fast for the MH but then with the way that storm strike/lava lash works maybe its also just too fast for OH and not worth it at all.
2. With lava lash being fairly mediocre damage wise is it better to just run double windfury, and if that's the case maybe just not spec'ing into lava lash at all, although I don't necessarily know where I would put the point where it would come out to be more through-put.
3. I'm assuming the biggest difference between a dual-wield and 2h enhance shaman is mainly dual-wield is the more consistent and yet strong damage, where as 2h is just more for meme big windfury one-shots, is this correct?

Hey Skodki! Think I saw you in bgs this evening. I am going to attempt to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

1. Flurry axe is a solid off hand, but as enh you try to have two matching speed weapons for your wf internal cd. This also answeres your number 2. In that you are better off using double wf, but still talent into lava lash.
3. 2h is for the massive hits, and is actually a decent option. It will net lower dps over all, but some massive hits vs clothies. I personally do prefer to dw since you get the inherited hit through the spec.

Hey Skodki! Think I saw you in bgs this evening. I am going to attempt to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

1. Flurry axe is a solid off hand, but as enh you try to have two matching speed weapons for your wf internal cd. This also answeres your number 2. In that you are better off using double wf, but still talent into lava lash.
3. 2h is for the massive hits, and is actually a decent option. It will net lower dps over all, but some massive hits vs clothies. I personally do prefer to dw since you get the inherited hit through the spec.

Thank you! This was very helpful in figuring out kind of how to set things up as I was unaware of the important of having matching speed weapons. I'm very glad to hear that 2h is not as pure meme as I had initially thought as that gives me some variety in play every once in a while.

If you're horde and wanted to match weapon speeds, it's worth noting that enchanted azsharite felbane dagger matches flurry axe and can receive 60+ enchants.

back in the day ribsplitters used to be coveted. i miss all the old stuff in brd, st, etc. i was hoping wotlk classic would rejuvinate twinking as it was reaching a nice peak before the xp on/off and whatnot. did they fix the glitch where you could get lvl 80 enchants on that one grey sword?

back in the day ribsplitters used to be coveted. i miss all the old stuff in brd, st, etc. i was hoping wotlk classic would rejuvinate twinking as it was reaching a nice peak before the xp on/off and whatnot. did they fix the glitch where you could get lvl 80 enchants on that one grey sword?
Ribsplitters are still pretty coveted weapons for enh and hunters. The weapon is so comparable to heirloom weapons that the tbc enchant ends up being the tip of scale.

I as well miss the old content. Even on grobbulus; a mega server, the older content is difficult to get groups. I just want to smash my way through some old dungeies for fun. I actually wish the dungeon finder was in game if even just for lvls 1-70.

Is the weapon you are referencing the Enchanted Azshartie Felblade weapons? From this quest line you can pick up a dagger, sword, or staff. It ends up being item level 60 allowing wotlk enchants. The only interesting weapon enchant imo though, would be Black magic due to the amount of scaling from 250 haste at level 49. This would net roughly 31% haste on proc I believe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread