49 Druid Help

Hilto

Veteran
Hey, anyone have any experience with Druid? I don't really know where to start. I wanna be an annoying heal plus flag run is all I know.

Even from the 60 world, anyone have any advice for a build? Thanks

Thanks, I'm getting lots of ideas from this.

I've played as feral while leveling and did quite a few bgs meanwhile (despite not being a twink so far). I've been unimpressed with feral in pvp, both as a druid or when facing them on other characters, in terms of actual battlefield threat - not talking about flag carrying obviously.

So my conclusion so far is that that hybrid spec from Dramatized is way better than feral in almost all situations. I'd be interested about other opinions.

Thanks, I'm getting lots of ideas from this.

I've played as feral while leveling and did quite a few bgs meanwhile (despite not being a twink so far). I've been unimpressed with feral in pvp, both as a druid or when facing them on other characters, in terms of actual battlefield threat - not talking about flag carrying obviously.

So my conclusion so far is that that hybrid spec from Dramatized is way better than feral in almost all situations. I'd be interested about other opinions.

I think your observations align with a lot of other peoples' experience with feral. Druid is a hybrid to its nature and going deep into either talent tree kinda goes against that very nature. Even if you go deep feral you'll need a lot of mana in order to play feral to its full extent, else you'll just feel like a sub-par rogue with lower damage and no cc to speak of. The problem is that it's hard to get "enough" mana while also having "enough" stam/AP/agi/str, and at that point you ask yourself if it's even worth going deep feral. If you instead gear full stam/str/agi/ap you end up asking yourself why you didn't roll a rogue instead etc.

Also in BGs, like you mention, no spec shines more than the hybrid one linked above (imo). From a competitive view, your role as druid is to FC in WSG and defend bases in AB and no other spec comes close to this. If you want a more casual role or just derping around in mid a case can be made for some other spec. The hybrid (FC-spec) also works great for general support/healing.

As for gearing, focus on stam/int/armor > heal > SP. This will provide you with great survival but also an impressive mana pool.

Users who are viewing this thread