40s in shadowlands(US)

ShinyHero

“Every-Level Twinker”
I think I may be trying this out as I have some lvl 101s that were scaled down to this. I never played BFA so I’m very new to Hearth of Azeroth and Azerite gear in general, if anyone is willing to play a 40 aswell and would like to do this together lemme know.

Shinyhero#11637

Last edited:
Gonna throw it out again, my 49s feel weak as crap even after the anniversary items were boosted this year.

Pretty much abandoned the whole thing. 40 itself could be better, but not really feeling that PvE will be that good.

Gonna throw it out again, my 49s feel weak as crap even after the anniversary items were boosted this year.

Pretty much abandoned the whole thing. 40 itself could be better, but not really feeling that PvE will be that good.
I mean 40s secondary stats are actually pretty nice, also I don’t want any of my twinks to go without love so I’m gonna update as many as possible

I planned on taking Arewurd to 40 at some point, seems like the best option for what I have to work with. I only have a few island mounts/pets/transmog left to get at this point, and there just isn't much else to do at 11.

I already have Azerite for all three slots, and my HoA is level 80. Combine that with HFC epics and legion legendaries and I should be sitting pretty.

Question. Are the only characters that will have access to the Heart of Azeroth at level 40 those who used the Azerite trade method the first week of the patch? AFAIK, 110/111 twinks got squished to 45, and it was not possible to get it below 110 before the squish right?

Question. Are the only characters that will have access to the Heart of Azeroth at level 40 those who used the Azerite trade method the first week of the patch? AFAIK, 110/111 twinks got squished to 45, and it was not possible to get it below 110 before the squish right?
"The Heart of Azeroth now requires level 40 to equip, following players finding creative workarounds to acquire it at level 10." - this is an excerpt I found from Wowhead, it's about the fix to the HoA. I am right there with you though cause I thought it required 45, but now that I am learning it's 40 this opens SO many more possibilities because I wanted a twink mainly for PvE and with the new nerf to the Legion end zone quest pieces coming sometime soon for all levels, I'm kinda considering that level 40 might be a new possibility with this thread. I doubt it'll be near the OP damage of a level 10-14, but I mean, it's better than nothing and could actually help me with some open world farming I wanted to do.

I planned on taking Arewurd to 40 at some point, seems like the best option for what I have to work with. I only have a few island mounts/pets/transmog left to get at this point, and there just isn't much else to do at 11.

I already have Azerite for all three slots, and my HoA is level 80. Combine that with HFC epics and legion legendaries and I should be sitting pretty.

40 is very enjoyable i myself like to Island, Skirmish and Wpvp in the BFA alliance zones, with resounding protection 40 is very competitive verse even level 50s.

This is my char :

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/sylvanas/calm

I like that fact that every gear option is open at 40. Azurite and the legion quest rewards, plus 40 feels stronger against higher level mobs. I've cleared mobs on Argus (level 45 zone) with my 40. The item level stays consistent at +5 to character level from 1 to 39. At level 40 it jumps to +15 (ilvl 55) thanks to azurite gear, HoA, legion Artifact weapon and legion epics. Level 45 is the same +15 and then at 50 baseline shoots up to level +50.

Damn I may have to just copy ur gear a tiny bit(maybe a lot)

Any reason you use those legs and not 3 socket ones??

can't get my trinkets anymore by the way and i just like the versa off them if i use the 3 socket ones i would maybe have 3/4 more intellect but i like to aim for 25% versatility

reason i like versaitlity so much is it helps vs higher levels in alliance zones in WPVP and also try aim for 2 resounding protections so i am competitive having a 1.6k stealth is strong at the moment wise damage is low ))

P.S the legwraps from Lei-Shen in Throne of Thunder never drop for me ))

can't get my trinkets anymore by the way and i just like the versa off them if i use the 3 socket ones i would maybe have 3/4 more intellect but i like to aim for 25% versatility

reason i like versaitlity so much is it helps vs higher levels in alliance zones in WPVP and also try aim for 2 resounding protections so i am competitive having a 1.6k stealth is strong at the moment wise damage is low ))

P.S the legwraps from Lei-Shen in Throne of Thunder never drop for me ))
Damn I really wish I could get that 46 Vers trinket :(

its actually disgusting OP i see so many inherited insignia's i feel so special with mine :) if you play a class that likes versatility i highly recommend this trinket i have it it is quite strong in certain situations

https://www.wowhead.com/item=113986/auto-repairing-autoclave?bonus=567:1477
Next time I log on ima do a ton of research on gear and such, so I’ll try and start gearing. My 40 doesn’t even come close to yours rn

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/illidan/lockdanloded

Every week I have to spend time to do Item Restoration.. To recover all the SoO gears that was sold or disenchanted.. Part of the 40s gear are still SoO based at ilvl47 using +7 secondary stat gems if your character relies heavily on secondary stats. Also to note at lvl40, artifact weapon relic is 2x +16 (correct me if I am wrong) and at lvl44 it is 2x +19, and at lvl45 all 3 relic slots are open and it will be 3x +19. Lvl40s still need to grind hoa, so it's a never ending task if you want to play a 40s.. I am looking at lvl44 and lvl45 gear setup to see if there are any advantage over 40.

Definitely take him to 40, your character would be insane at 40 also I’m pretty sure ur horde and on US and that’s where I am rn so we could help eachother gear up

SoO ilvl47 trinkets are now usable again till lvl49 and their powerful are pretty nice.. Before prepatched they stop functioning at lvl91 or get reduction in their ability

Every week I have to spend time to do Item Restoration.. To recover all the SoO gears that was sold or disenchanted.. Part of the 40s gear are still SoO based at ilvl47 using +7 secondary stat gems if your character relies heavily on secondary stats. Also to note at lvl40, artifact weapon relic is 2x +16 (correct me if I am wrong) and at lvl44 it is 2x +19, and at lvl45 all 3 relic slots are open and it will be 3x +19. Lvl40s still need to grind hoa, so it's a never ending task if you want to play a 40s.. I am looking at lvl44 and lvl45 gear setup to see if there are any advantage over 40.
I never played BFA so honestly I won’t mind grinding HoA or anything BFA related, I’m just hoping that fearing this 40 will be fun and that it’ll turn out strong in the end

I never played BFA so honestly I won’t mind grinding HoA or anything BFA related, I’m just hoping that fearing this 40 will be fun and that it’ll turn out strong in the end
Because of prepatched, I open up all my lvl101 to play them, didn't want to waste all the years of accumulated epic BOE gears (took a lot of time and gold) .. Had a really great 3 weeks of bg leading up to prepatched.. They were very strong in bg, 101 used to have even ilvl229 gears.. But I couldn't finish playing all my 101 back then.. Just too many, so I concentrated on 8 hunters only.. Played most of them up 109 and stopped exp, which is the current 44.. But looking at the current setup, the lvl40 will still be strong .. I have about 26 hunters at lvl10-19 at the moment, they will skip the lvl20s bracket and I plan to play them in the 30s bracket and then the 40s .. Also started collecting socketed lvl44 and lvl45 socketed and leech greens from the AHs that's ilvl57 and ilvl60.. Particularly the bracer and rings sockets.. The epic BOEs usable at lvl40 scales up to ilvl60 now. Not sure if they are usable at lvl40 or lvl45.

I helped Zoke out with M SoO the other day, and now I have the itch to play my Monk, who happens to be at 40 (1 xp away. Glad I made it to the Experience Eliminator!)

I finished questing in BFA, got all the azurite pieces. Most I could use some required level 48. Was able to get level 64 pieces in head/shoulders/chest. Had to look at what dropped from what quest beforehand. Got lucky on a level 47 bracer quest upgrade. Can't really think of anything else I need to do beside continue level HoA. Lovebait

Users who are viewing this thread