39 twink Warlock

You could go either way with the pants but overall necro is hard to beat. That 11int and 6stm is a whole set of dots. On my lock I went with the build you posted(8/8 eagle belt instead of deathmage) and it works great. The past couple days though I've switch out the gloves/belt for black mageweave/star belt and I somewhat prefer those. I'm still at 1800hp/2200mana but with 253 spell dmg and I don't notice to much of a difference in survivability.

30 in Affliction gets you the most damage potential, but there are a few ways to spend the points.

This would be solid, but again there are many flex points, depending on playstyle.

It's very skippable, specially since obvoiusly you can't stack two curses, and you'll probably want triple dots on most targets. The only thing is that there's nothing else super sexy to spend those points on, but they will help you max Concentratoin and Imp Drain Soul, which is nice. I ended up with this as a non CoE build.

Coe has saved my ass against rogues multiple times. I was kinda hesitant to get it at first but it's super useful, if a rogue ambushes you and doesn't proc poison throw up coe. If they don't have sprint up it's game over for them. If you're gnome like me you can throw a grenade and ea out of poison if it procs and do same thing.

Damn warlocks :) haha cant remember the name but there was a lock in game a couple days ago i was picking on - Didnt even get to sac his void in one of the fights ( think i triple crit him ) then after that as soon as i charged him hed just sac the void right away haha was pretty crack up

LOL, yeah. Lock should always sac instant verse warriors so they can't generate rage
oh yea didnt even think about that part, bastards :)

Some Warlock tips: Keep your pet by you and Devour Magic off yourself. I go 3/4 improved COE, if you plan on surviving without a pockethealer you need to be able to kite melee. 3/5 suppression and i throw 2 points into fel concentration. IMO i only put points into this because there really isn't a good place to put those extra points. Improved drain life/drain soul are completely unnecessary. I see locks go full spell power over gear with better overall stats, in classic utility and survivability are extremely important. https://sixtyupgrades.com/character/m23hmSxde5D7ypHgvQU9iy/set/vt7rzeFVshqRanbMxLS8WS this is my gear build. It's good damage and comes with 2k hp 2500 mana. the bigger mana pull I have to start off with the more dots i can throw before I need to tap, without a healer or being focused down makes this build more ideal. Having the time to put up CoE and kite/ CC while being healed by your dots is key. 2k hp is enough to avoid gettting bursted down instantly by a warrior or rogue unless they get all crits, even then you have a better chance then with say 1600 hp glass build. I priortize the amount of stats im getting off a piece of gear instead of straight prioritizing spell power. at 227 my corruption still ticks for 100+ and i hit near 500 shadowbolts. this is enough damage IMO. Utility is absolute key, so let me say SoJ is GARBAGE. You cannot use a spellstone with a staff equipped. this is why you see me run hypnotic/umbral crystal. also you get +5stam instead of extra intellect. but half the time im running around with my spellstone equipped. Gnomish cloaking device/ nifty stopwatch is a great combo to keep yourself alive and i also use the dragongling/chicken combo, my net i use rarely if everything else is on CD, Pvp trinket isnt very useful while I have Devour Magic and WoF. If I had Tidal Charm that would be thrown into the mix as well. lastly dont just run around and dot everyone till you're oom, i've seen allot of mediocre locks who can only dot and die. CC'ing a healer and getting those very important spell locks will turn a match faster than a line of dots that can be dispelled/bubbled/ice blocked off. Learn to fake cast if you don't already and be ready to spam scorch if you get yourself locked. My experience from playing warlock was tbc-cata I sat around 2600 rating paying WLD for a few seasons in Wotlk. I"ve been loving how active the 39 bracket is! I'll see you all in game!

Your link isn't working. There's a chain link icon on the upper right (on desktop version) that's the link you want to share. Great comments and I'm pretty sure without even looking at your build I will like it based on your gearing strat.

Your link isn't working. There's a chain link icon on the upper right (on desktop version) that's the link you want to share. Great comments and I'm pretty sure without even looking at your build I will like it based on your gearing strat.
I just noticed my build is exactly the same as whats recommended in the BiS thread. good work there man.

I just noticed my build is exactly the same as whats recommended in the BiS thread. good work there man.
Would like to see your gearing if you can get the link to work.

- Ship

Users who are viewing this thread