Outofspace

Sogeking / Deeps
Soge's TBC Classic BiS Standards

Remember that these aren't definitive and meant as guidelines only. There are a ton of viable builds, and I'm up for adding any that people deem noteworthy so don't hesitate to put your own twist on them. That being said, these setups represent a wealth of shared experience and knowledge - much of which has been gleaned from these very forums and will serve as a solid foundation.

There's many situational and Horde only items you'll want that aren't included in the builds, so I've added a handy list of the main things to look out for at the end.

Please make a request for any builds that you want to see!

Druid - Boomy
Druid - FC
Druid - FC NS
Druid - FC Stam
Druid - Feral DPS
Druid - Resto

Hunter - Marksman
Hunter - Survival

Mage - Fire
Mage - Frost Utility
Mage - PoM

Paladin - Guardian's Favor
Paladin - Holy
Paladin - Ret

Priest - Disc
Priest - Shadow

Rogue - Daggers
Rogue - Hemo

Shaman - Elemental
Shaman - Enhance
Shaman - Resto

Warlock - Affliction

Warrior - Arms
Warrior - Fury
Warrior - Fury DW

Checklist Items - Everyone
Goblin Rocket Helm, Goblin Rocket Boots, Skull of Impending Doom, Nifty Stopwatch, Arena Grand Master, Mark of the Chosen, Tidal Charm

Notable Items - Horde
Worn Running Boots, Nordic Longshank, Baelog's Shortbow, Encarmine Boots, Skilled Handling Gloves, Prophetic Cane, Blood Tinged Armor

Last edited:
I like the versatility there. I would def look at a proc enchant (mongoose or crusader) on your main hand instead of +20 str. I do like the spirewind but since almost all of your spells can crit I would probably take robes of the lich but they are both great. Scorpashi cape I think looks slightly better too considering rando can only roll 7/6.

I like the versatility there. I would def look at a proc enchant (mongoose or crusader) on your main hand instead of +20 str. I do like the spirewind but since almost all of your spells can crit I would probably take robes of the lich but they are both great. Scorpashi cape I think looks slightly better too considering rando can only roll 7/6.

I rolled with mongoose back in the day, my thoughts are 40ap gives 12 sp also with the updated talent. Once real testing happens it will be interesting to see what works better. I weighted strength more in the build, but robes of the lich is probably too good to not use. I always liked a class that can literally perform every function, which spellhance does well enough to make it worth it. It doesnt work in vanilla, but mental quickness and shamanistic focus makes a huge difference.

Thanks, as always, for putting in the work. Do 19/9 Revelosh gloves exist? I thought they did but its been ages since BC and so far in Classic ive killed him 75 times or so and only seen 8/9s and 8/8s. People on discord were saying the 9/9s dont exist.

As usual with seventyupgrades, if it seems to good to be true, it is. They assume everything can roll perfect which is rarely true. So for instance 7/7 gnomer rings don't exist but that's all you can pick on seventyupgrades. Revlosh can only roll 9/8 (+10 stam) just like so many other randoms but you wouldn't know that looking at seventyupgrades.

Are you guys farming revolosh now? I guess it cant hurt to do this before prepatch hits. I want to get blood-tinged armor on my war but not looking forward to the long quest chain. I believe xp gains are increased in tbc so it 's probably in my best interest to get it done early.

Nice work as usual. Just have a couple suggestions for fc druid and disc priest.

I think much like in classic, int>+healing for disc priests. priest spells at 39 do not scale very well with plus healing and mana is always the limiting factor. While meditation does get buffed, I don't think 3.6k mana will cut it. ex https://seventyupgrades.com/set/kHVgCToyviZVE5QEWtugmb

It was pointed out to me in 39's disc a while back that baseline shifting costs for druids are reduced in TBC (ie in classic bear is 55% of base mana, tbc it is 35% of base mana). With an across the board increase in incoming damage, I think it's wise to drops eagle for stam pieces where possible. ex https://seventyupgrades.com/set/gG8CqEsf8CWNPN9bir4huY

Thank you for finally making this thread. I had no idea about some items. We are already farming

unknown.png

Fire mage got gloves on first kill

Enough about me. I sent your guide to several discord servers, asking for feedback.

This is what I got so far

unknown.png

unknown.png

I believe https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=869/dazzling-longsword in off-hand is BiS for rogues, but I don't know shit about 39s. I only had a warlock in wotlk for like 1 month until patch 3.2 came and screwed twinking :)

I will personally continue to use https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=23169/scorns-icy-choker on my mage

Last edited:
Will TBC enchants go by required lvl or item lvl? Hypnotic required is 34, but item lvl is 39

it's the required level that counts unless the item doesn't have any required level, as for quest items

So whats the play for locks? Sacrificial Kris of 11 Shadows so we can rock spellstone and Skull of Impending Doom? (Umbral Crystal when those are down)

or SoJ?
[doublepost=1618080463,1618080167][/doublepost]https://seventyupgrades.com/set/meteCknRRUdJFxi4U8qA7T

This is how imma do my oomy boomy until Deadman's Hand drops. Debating on AB boots with 12 stam or Surefooted. Cant wait for balance to get gnarly in TBC. So gimped in Classic and its prolly my favorite of all the specs.

Looks savage. I'll get a boomy up :]

Looking at lock options again with the lvl 35 issue in mind I think SoJ wins. You will also want a one hand combo though for skull use so probably soulfrost both.

Actually will be able to do 20 sp on gloves since balance of power talent will hit cap. That or keep spell hit gloves and free up 2 talent points. Thinking the first option is superior unless 15 spell hit reaches cap.

Don't get the Druid FC set at all. I'd run something much closer to this.

Chest must be whelp armor.

Cape is a flex spot.

DMH is BiS for every FC in every bracket in TBC. The scaling isn't until Wrath IIRC. So no Charged Gear farming for FCs (or most people since not having DMH seems insane).

Most FCs agree that Stam stacking is the way to go in TBC. Shifting is much cheaper (35% base vs 55% base), so the mana isn't as big of an issue.

Off-hand I'm actually not sure what the deal is; I didn't play 39 Druid FC in Vanilla TBC so I don't know if Skull will still be used.

Is there something that makes taking any healing compelling in TBC as an FC (don't think we get Swiftmend tricks until 49)? The Healing Lens looks so good value-wise but nobody runs anything but Stam/Int in the current meta. I suppose since you're so squishy compared to other brackets, and leg armor and more stam from cheaper shifts should lighten the load a decent bit.

The Lens alone is real nice though, adds +44 to each Rejuv.

Last edited:
Is DMH dropping with TBC launch? I heard it wasnt coming until later. I used to run that on all my twinks 29 and over.

Nice work as usual. Just have a couple suggestions for fc druid and disc priest.

I think much like in classic, int>+healing for disc priests. priest spells at 39 do not scale very well with plus healing and mana is always the limiting factor. While meditation does get buffed, I don't think 3.6k mana will cut it. ex https://seventyupgrades.com/set/kHVgCToyviZVE5QEWtugmb

It was pointed out to me in 39's disc a while back that baseline shifting costs for druids are reduced in TBC (ie in classic bear is 55% of base mana, tbc it is 35% of base mana). With an across the board increase in incoming damage, I think it's wise to drops eagle for stam pieces where possible. ex https://seventyupgrades.com/set/gG8CqEsf8CWNPN9bir4huY

I like that high stam build for Druid, I'll put one together for the list. Deadman's doesn't come till later though and Prophetic Cane is Horde only, I went with Ally builds this time. I don't think you can pass up Surefooted for FC Druid either, seems like it would be hugely helpful.
[doublepost=1618181164,1618170736][/doublepost]Added Ret Paladin and high stam Druid FC as well as fixed several errors for Mage builds.

Users who are viewing this thread