39 ret pala weap.

yes definetely lumbering ogre axe. with 15 str on the pacifier, thats very significantly lesser than 70 ap or even 20 str. either way you gain stats with the lumbering ogre axe so yeas, it is better than the pacifier.

And if you're looking at lumbering ogre axe, consider the Bonebiter, unless you're horde. Though honestly, I used Nightblade on my pally at that level.

Maerduk said:
And if you're looking at lumbering ogre axe, consider the Bonebiter, unless you're horde. Though honestly, I used Nightblade on my pally at that level.

Nightblade seems to get a bad rap ("only bads use it"), but during the week of Pally godliness, I was getting wtfpwnd by Nightblades all day long.

gettin racial expertise??

pacifier is not a bad choice then.

well, it will never be the best^^

if possible, BAR is the way to go. (PoD for epeen rating)

Nightblade is too fast. PoD, hands down, but we all understand obtaining one isn't easy.

BAR looks so much cooler than POD, anyway. how much does the .20 slower speed really make? i think the str only almost brings BAR's low end and high end damage close to POD's, but with a little faster speed, so the dps is probably just about the same. so it's:

.20 slower speed

proc to do 250-350 damage

VS

190hp

1.56%crit

is that right?

I'll never use a nightblade anymore, i used it in the beginnings but i just vendored it.

I do not have a 80 for BaR and no, im not going to farm that PoD :p.

but thanks for the info, ill just rotate those wapens because sometimes Crusader proc is just the burst u need.

Lol I know Nightblade got a bad rap, I used it anyway for lulz because I could still drop people with it, but I did have the "Boner"biter as an actual weapon since getting PoD was an epic pain in the ass and BAR didn't exist back then.

Adt said:
BAR looks so much cooler than POD, anyway. how much does the .20 slower speed really make? i think the str only almost brings BAR's low end and high end damage close to POD's, but with a little faster speed, so the dps is probably just about the same. so it's:

.20 slower speed

proc to do 250-350 damage

VS

190hp

1.56%crit

is that right?

You need to factor in the enchants as well.. Static 70ap vs crusader. But BAR has definitely closed the gap since 3.1 hit. The added hp is very sexy and something you might consider giving the POD up for.

I can't find the link but POD with Savagery > BAR with crusader in terms of burst and pure dps, just fyi.

for a paladin i grabbed mongoose on nightblade since both were so cheap.

im planning on grabbing PoD when i find one, but how bad is nightblade really? it looks alot better than sme of my other alternatives

Situation said:
You need to factor in the enchants as well.. Static 70ap vs crusader. But BAR has definitely closed the gap since 3.1 hit. The added hp is very sexy and something you might consider giving the POD up for.

I can't find the link but POD with Savagery > BAR with crusader in terms of burst and pure dps, just fyi.

meh.

i think overall i'd take BAR with crusader. between crusader procs that heal and put the BAR's burst damage over POD's for 15 seconds (200ap on a 1.1 proc per minute) - and the 1.56% static crit, BAR more than makes up for the damage gap (the crit affects judgments and socom procs). i bet if we did the math through testing a normal damage rotation, BAR would come out ahead in damage done and burst due the the +crit. just my opinion, though.

Users who are viewing this thread