39 Paladin

What's the next best weapon for a 39 paladin, 2hander? I know PoD will be hard to find so whats the next best thing? Also next to LotV, whats the next best thing?

a pally does not suffer from the lvl 1 on BAR. it is your second best choice. (remember, warriors won't use it)

LoA is nice when being kited and bonebiter got a higher dps (ally only). if you can manage to stay at your target, BB is better than LoA.

PoD > BAR > BB > LoA (a human can think about using a pacifier, but you will rely on another proc...crusader)

edit:

http://quickarmory.com/heirloom.php?iid=42943

BAR 13str/19stam/13crit/38dps/115-173

edit:

don't even think about not using LotV...5hit!

LULIMALION said:
and the LoA is so much better than the bonebiter go look at fony's videos

QFT

I read somewhere, forget where, someone did the math of LOA vs BB. At conclusion BB has more sustained white damage, but LOA has higher burst for SoC with the slower attack speed.

I would say get both if you can, ultimately get the BoA axe though if you're not able to get a hold of a PoD.

POD >>>> BAR > BB >>> LOA.

The bonebiter is a cheap and easy weapon, good stats, tbc enchantable, once you factor in savagery/or greater agility, gap between BAR and BB is pretty negligable.

BB >>>LoA is not correct. if you can manage to stay at the heels of your target, the BB is better than the LoA. if not LoA > BB. getting both and switch wisely is the best you can do.

the problem with BAR is the enchant, but it remains the second best weapon.

7ppm. how many instant attacks do you have, that can push LoA over BB?

do math, or tests to proof it. if not the BB got the higher DPS and is still slow enogh to joust. we are talking about 5dps/3stam/5str -> ~80AP more if you want just one number.

there are many situations i would always prefer the LoA, but it is not THE better weapon.

edit:

just to have numbers for the SoC proc -> http://www.wowwiki.com/Seal_of_Command

with glyph 3,9/54,6% and 3,4/~47,5% -> 7% diff

the more your swings are delayed, the more LoA benefits.

i saw this video more than once...there is nothing in it that will proof that the LoA does more dmg than the BB. where is your point?

dps has nothing to do with topend or dph. well ok, there is relation between dph and the weapon speed^^

let us do some math.

the base dmg of both weapon is almost the same. 105-159/105-158.

assuming 700AP we gain 50 dps -> 3,4/170 3,9/195. this is the diff you see in the video.

in SoC this is implemented with a 45% factor -> 0,45x25 -> 11,25.

with 7ppm SoC will do 7x11,25 more dmg with LoA -> 78,75.

in this one minute the BB benefits from aditional ~5dps -> 5x60 -> 300

-> around 220 more dmg/min with a BB. if the fight only takes 30sec -> 110. this is made up due to more delay with the BB and the possible higher burst with LoA.

in fact they are almost equal, but none of em is generally better than the other.

edit:

lower AP -> better BB.

come 3.1 and pally with less HP need to stack more stam -> lower AP.

hai , I just signed up for the forums and lookin to share/learn from meh fellow twinks.

atm on my 39 paladin (ahmghai-akama) i use the boa 2h axe with crusader. all math n theory aside, it hits comfortably well and for good consistant burst.

compared to the ilvl 35+ weapons with savagery n such. i have like 620 ap with might +crusader proc with 30% crit to keep vengeance running and the burst rolling.

i would assume pod is stronger but you are sacrificing stats for a lil more top end dmg and better ap conversion

Bansil said:
i saw this video more than once...there is nothing in it that will proof that the LoA does more dmg than the BB. where is your point?

dps has nothing to do with topend or dph. well ok, there is relation between dph and the weapon speed^^

let us do some math.

the base dmg of both weapon is almost the same. 105-159/105-158.

assuming 700AP we gain 50 dps -> 3,4/170 3,9/195. this is the diff you see in the video.

in SoC this is implemented with a 45% factor -> 0,45x25 -> 11,25.

with 7ppm SoC will do 7x11,25 more dmg with LoA -> 78,75.

in this one minute the BB benefits from aditional ~5dps -> 5x60 -> 300

-> around 220 more dmg/min with a BB. if the fight only takes 30sec -> 110. this is made up due to more delay with the BB and the possible higher burst with LoA.

in fact they are almost equal, but none of em is generally better than the other.

edit:

lower AP -> better BB.

come 3.1 and pally with less HP need to stack more stam -> lower AP.

Math serving the correct since the beginning of recorded history.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread