39 or 49 Warlock?

ghank

OG
Which bracket would a warlock be more dominant, 39 or 49? I've gone up against a 49 and he turned the tide of the game with around 35 kills and 6 deaths. Does anybody have a BIS list for 39 and 49? Would want to go affliction spec probably.

I think 49 is the sweet spot for locks. Death Coil changes everything, and the number of viable specs are very high, including cool hybrids. I absolutely loved my old 49 Lock, very OP.

You're not going to get a pair of spellshocks under 2k unless you snipe them.

Ya after some gear research, I decided 49. It's going to be expensive though, probably 1500g since it's mostly BOEs.

And here's my gear list so far at 309 shadow power - https://classic.wowhead.com/gear-pl...c5ClNGCwe8DAe8DSmVDincTydyBznQO6pY3QdDUjuvBzM

Personally I would build more like this (thrown together a bit but I stand behind it). You want to be intimidating to attack and the means you need a good health and mana pool imo. Several of the pieces are just objectively better too (like weapons), 239 Shadow Power, 2900 HP, and 3500 Mana will make you the raid boss of the BG. Some poeple want to be a glass cannon and I get it but imo this is the bracket where beefing up really pays dividends, because you can still get a lot of spellpower. There's a lot of BoPs that aren't very easy to farm though so I can see wanting to just use BoEs as well.

Ya I was going to get some stam gear and see how that goes too. Thank you for the alt build!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread