39 Hunter (H) BiS

Greetings XPoff 39 community!

I’m in the process of building a 39 hunter as the bracket seems to be undergoing a wonderful revival!

I would appreciate any and all tips and information if anyone has a BiS BFA item list. I’ve done some research myself and would love to share my findings, but my 39 knowledge lies extensively in rogues. I would be happy to help anyone fearing a rogue as I’ve build a few BiS ones over the years, complete with different equipment sets depending what you’re up against. (Ie : max stealth/stealth detection build, max dps, and max stamina build)

Again, any direction would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to seeing all the tips and ideas you all have.

Happy Twinking!

-Sklumpz

Hah, I was actually just logging in to post my hunter in the armory thread.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/tichondrius/Tíckets

This is pretty much what your average cookie-cutter, reasonably obtainable non-GFed BfA BiS will look like. There are a couple other options for some slots (basilisk hide leggings, scaled wolffear harness), but they're marginal upgrades at best and can be harder to come by. A couple enchants might be budget ones - this is my only character on the server and I have pretty much no gold there. My updates were fully funded through boa guild tabards lol.

The leather greens are in slots where there aren't any ilevel 44 mail ones (stats go up at ilevel 44 in most slots).

Secondary stats are pretty flexible. Your choice can vary with spec and personal preference. The greens I have on come in all combinations of crit/vers, haste/vers, crit/haste.

For trinkets, Flashing Steel Talisman is nerfed in BGs and Searing Words can be kind of inconsistent (even with higher crit). It's probably a viable choice though. I just prefer the more consistent/better sustained trinket since I already play around Flintlocke's procs.

Hah, I was actually just logging in to post my hunter in the armory thread.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/tichondrius/Tíckets

This is pretty much what your average cookie-cutter, reasonably obtainable non-GFed BfA BiS will look like. There are a couple other options for some slots (basilisk hide leggings, scaled wolffear harness), but they're marginal upgrades at best and can be harder to come by. A couple enchants might be budget ones - this is my only character on the server and I have pretty much no gold there. My updates were fully funded through boa guild tabards lol.

The leather greens are in slots where there aren't any ilevel 44 mail ones (stats go up at ilevel 44 in most slots).

Secondary stats are pretty flexible. Your choice can vary with spec and personal preference. The greens I have on come in all combinations of crit/vers, haste/vers, crit/haste.

For trinkets, Flashing Steel Talisman is nerfed in BGs and Searing Words can be kind of inconsistent (even with higher crit). It's probably a viable choice though. I just prefer the more consistent/better sustained trinket since I already play around Flintlocke's procs.
I don’t think I can attach flintlocks anymore :/

Ahhhh awesome. It won’t bind it? I do have a 110 hunter that I Main !

It’s what prompted me to twink hunters :)

(2200+ in 2s and 3s, working on RBG too) :)

Set bonuses are pretty good overall. I think a downscaled PCB will be much better than heirlooms, can't attach the same scopes to it though.

Greetings XPoff 39 community!

I’m in the process of building a 39 hunter as the bracket seems to be undergoing a wonderful revival!

I would appreciate any and all tips and information if anyone has a BiS BFA item list. I’ve done some research myself and would love to share my findings, but my 39 knowledge lies extensively in rogues. I would be happy to help anyone fearing a rogue as I’ve build a few BiS ones over the years, complete with different equipment sets depending what you’re up against. (Ie : max stealth/stealth detection build, max dps, and max stamina build)

Again, any direction would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to seeing all the tips and ideas you all have.

Happy Twinking!

-Sklumpz

So I agree that looking at Swoops' char is the place to start for everything that is currently obtainable. However, if you want to drool a little at what could have been, I recommend taking a look at my Hunter. He is likely the best geared 39 Hunter in the game.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/jaedenar/axonn

Reactions: Sun
Can I get a little feedback on attack power vs primary stat and it’s relative merits? I’m feral so I don’t know if it really matters for me but I noticed swoops enchants for ap instead of agi and thought it interesting.

Can I get a little feedback on attack power vs primary stat and it’s relative merits? I’m feral so I don’t know if it really matters for me but I noticed swoops enchants for ap instead of agi and thought it interesting.
1 agility = 1 attack power now, and the only thing making agility better is the armor passive, but you only get that at I believe level 50, so in the 39 bracket for anything that uses agility an enchant with more attack power will be better

Users who are viewing this thread