39 hunter bis and best proffesions

slumpylol

Legend
what would be the bis gear for a 39 hunter any links to the top level 39 hunters would help too

and what professions would benifit a 39 hunter the most?

Check out Mymainfailed he has pretty decent gear and he is also active on these boards:

Mymainfailed

Regarding professions I would pick Mining and Skinning for the passive Stamina and crit rating. Some say that you can level enchanting in order to farm the +4 stats on rings, but I am not entirely sure and it's a pain in the ass to farm, so I would rather pass. :)

slumpylol said:
what would be the bis gear for a 39 hunter any links to the top level 39 hunters would help too

and what professions would benifit a 39 hunter the most?

Hi.

Firstly, don`t copy my gear precisely as it is not finished and is a pseudo PvE mish-mash for dailies/dungeons. I am assuming you are after a PvP set, so you can base it on my armory but make the following changes (this assumes you have access to BoA`s, as it ain`t BiS without them):

Note: There is no overall BiS, as it depends on what you are trying to achieve. The following is based upon good survivability, as the bracket is now more bursty. This should make you hit capped, with good health and good burst:

Head: Stained Shadowcraft Cap

Back: Inherited Cape of the Black Baron with Enchant Cloak - Stealth on.

Hands: Revelosh Gloves of the Monkey 9 Stam/8 Agi ideally, with Enchant Gloves - Superior Agility on.

Waist: As per armory, but also get a Gem-Studded Leather Belt if you do arena/wargames for the heal.

Legs: Leggings of the Verdant Oasis with Thick Armor kit on.

Finger 1: Aquamarine Signet of the Monkey 8 Stam/7 Agi variety.

Finger 2: As my armory, or there are alternatives for more survivability like Tarenar's Token.

Trinket 1: Inherited Insignia of the Horde or the alliance version. If human, stick with my armory trinkets, although there are variables for even more survivability like adding Heart of Noxxion to AGM. Tidal Charm seems to have been grandfathered, but that and AGM would be BiS for human, if you have it.

Offhand: If it`s possible, (there`s debate if you can) another Militia Hatchet if you are willing to faction change, or as per armory if not. Also get another Nordic Longshank with a Steel Weapon Chain for when facing disarmers.

Ranged: There is still some debate and things to be checked regarding this, but for anything other than troll Nail Spitter is thought to be BiS, although it is no longer available unless you completed the quest Pre-Shattering. Failing that, Bow of Searing Arrows is generally next best, but there are alternatives. See this thread BiS Hunter Weapon Discussion for further details.

With regard to professions, I would say Skinning and Enchanting is BiS, but 375 is no longer available so there are alternatives. I`d guess Skinning, then a choice of Mining or Engineering. I dropped Herbalism for Enchanting after the "nerf", I wasn`t impressed with the haste adjustment, but I have yet to test a haste set and find a sweet spot that may even be achievable with Herbalism. More to come on that later.

Personally I`d take Mining/Skinning for Arena and Engineering/Skinning for Bg`s. The cloak and bombs are probably more valuable overall than 10 Stamina. But the choices are pretty open.

With regards to Engi Parachute and Disengage, I had trouble on an alt getting them to work properly as it seemed like the cloak was on a GCD and my macro wouldn`t work properly. But then again the macro could have been off so don`t quote me on that :p

Anything else, just ask away.

Regards.

slumpylol said:
would you mind showing me a max dps set?

You will basically just want a set that maximizes agility. Make sure you hit at least 5% hit and then stack agi/crit from there. A lot of the gear will be the same, or a max Agi version of.

Search Wowhead for examples, for each slot and work it from there. For professions, Skinning and Herbalism would probably be best. For enchants, go Agi/AP all the way as long as you get hit capped from gear. Survival is still probably best dps atm.

Regards.

mrdoobry said:
Hi.

Offhand: Another Militia Hatchet if you are willing to faction change, or as per armory if not. Also get another Nordic Longshank with a Steel Weapon Chain for when facing disarmers.

I would disagree with you on this one. First of all it's not possible to obtain 2 Militia Hatchet even if you faction change, since this quest is not faction specific and it will stay flagged as completed even if you change your faction, so you won't be able to start the quest chain again.

In my opinion the BiS melee weapon for Hunters is the Obsidian Cleaver. Slap a 35 Agility enchant on it and you got 50 Agility, 10 Stamina, 10 crit rating and some heavy Raptor strikes.

Chubah said:
I would disagree with you on this one. First of all it's not possible to obtain 2 Militia Hatchet even if you faction change, since this quest is not faction specific and it will stay flagged as completed even if you change your faction, so you won't be able to start the quest chain again.

In my opinion the BiS melee weapon for Hunters is the Obsidian Cleaver. Slap a 35 Agility enchant on it and you got 50 Agility, 10 Stamina, 10 crit rating and some heavy Raptor strikes.

19s can get two Argas-rings from identical quests. Are you 100% sure?

Tetrica said:
19s can get two Argas-rings from identical quests. Are you 100% sure?

I am not 100% sure but common logic says so, since I have done faction changed in the past and only the faction specific quests are reset(since you can't complete them on the other faction.) Why would you expect any of the other quests will reset?

Chubah said:

Okay, I was under the impression that you could. Maybe you can`t, I`ll find out for definite in the future as I`ll be faction changing to complete/do more achieves. In that case, imo I already have BiS as per armory.

Now I`m not sure if you have played much 30-39 before, especially as hunter. If you are against any disarming class you WILL want a Steel Weapon Chain. So you either go 2h with a Steel Weapon Chain on, or 2x1H, one with 20 Agi and one with a SWC. If you are going pure dps then Obsidian Cleaver has more offensive stats, but for PvP, 2x1H will always be better. This has been gone over several times in other threads before.

The list I made presumes doing PvP against twinks, i.e. people with a slight clue. If you are going to do random BG`s versus levellers who don`t know what a disarm is, then a 2H could be better. Against any twink with disarm, who has a clue, you will get murdered if you sit in a 10 sec disarm. This is even more true now with the burst, fights can be over in this 10 secs, or beyond the point of no return.

All I can recommend is finishing your hunter off, if you are making one, then duel some decent 39 rogue and warrior twinks and see what you think. Besides the 2x1H also give 4 more stam as well versus the crit gain and loss of SWC (if you consider 2xMilitia Hatchet).

Regards.

mrdoobry said:
If it`s possible, (there`s debate if you can) another Militia Hatchet if you are willing to faction change, or as per armory if not.

@ Mrdoobry

I noticed that you recently transfered to Alliance, so I could not help it but ask whether it's possible to obtain a second Militia Hatchet via faction change. Have you tried to see whether the quest is available to you?

Chubah said:
@ Mrdoobry

I noticed that you recently transfered to Alliance, so I could not help it but ask whether it's possible to obtain a second Militia Hatchet via faction change. Have you tried to see whether the quest is available to you?

It is not possible to get a 2nd Militia Hatchet, so your assumptions in the other thread were correct. The achievement for EPL has stayed and there are no quests there available after completing them all as Horde. My quest counter also reset so The Seeker title is also not possible. I just need to sit down and actually spend time working out what I can get out of this faction change besides the tabard achieve.

I am hoping I can gather some different gear with maybe haste on as well. My eventual aim will be to start a decent theorycrafting thread to experiment and answer the two main things bugging me right now. These are, resistances and whether 20 spell pen on cloak would be better than 12 agi, and what impact haste will have in a dps and PvP environment versus other stats. I`m not a mathematician, per se, but I will try to bring real world data to it to help make informed decisions.

Unfortunately I have a full time job and part time studying a Law degree, so all this may have to wait a short while as life can get hectic :p

I suggest stacking intellect and spirit, along with a nice BOA bow and you should just about kill everything in sight by auto attacking.

swilley07 said:
I suggest stacking intellect and spirit, along with a nice BOA bow and you should just about kill everything in sight by auto attacking.

Versus scrubs you will. Versus none-bads, other than Aimed Shot, they are certainly not the best class in this bracket. Also I agree with spirit, stack it like a nutter then when you go out of combat for a few secs at end of trap CD you will get imba health regen!

Users who are viewing this thread