39 druid balance spec

has anyone here tried this?

it sounds liek it could be pretty fun. I just bought a +arcane staff and ut sunfire on it for starfire dmg. And I have a SoJ w/ +40 spell power on it.

I play a 39 balance druid...I would just suggest the following rule:

1. Max spell power for hots and dots, plus talents and glyphs that support that style (Genesis, Glyphs of Moonfire and Insect Swarm, etc.)

or

2. Crit rating for Starfire/Wrath spam, plus glyphs and talents that support that style (Nature's Grace, Glyph of Entangling Roots)

Most of the cookie cutters are build 1 style, but I do play build 2 and love it. I'm just hoping 3.1 doesn't mess up 39's too much.

I don't recommend stacking a single school like arcane unless you're only going for big numbers. If you intend to put winning ahead of numbers, you want generic spell power and stats.

39 balance druid is actually pretty sick DPS, but 1 of the strengths of a balance druid over say a mage is the ability to toss out heals whilst dpsing. thats why i hope you go straight spell dmg and not just arcane. Also balance goes OOM very fast so I tend to start with 30 int WSG staff and switch to 40 spell dmg after i used up the mana.

Edit:

Best balance spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0xRbuicocb

-I do not recommend going dot spec because genesis is a waste of talent points imo and you will not be able to burst down healers

Users who are viewing this thread