39 BiS Standards (All Classes) Updated for Phase 5!

Regarding disc priest, could anyone help me out with opinions on which weapon to invest in:

I have SoJ, revered staff (advisor's gnarled staff), hypnotic blade, and a +18 healing dagger.

I just got the mats for +55 healing enchant, but can't decide on which wep to enchant. Leaning towards gnarled because of the Stam, but don't like that it doesn't add +healing or dam like the SoJ. Likewise don't like that SoJ doesn't add stam!

Why exactly the epic chest for holy pallies? 12/12 eagle seems better imo

12/12 eagle would be a great choice. Icemail is great for the extra Armor and Spirit on a Holy, that and the Frost Resist bring it up past the eagle piece imo. It's the kinda thing that is part of the BiS grey area though.

I don't think spirit sucks on any healer, using the 5 second rule 24 spirit is decent regen in pvp. Trading 3 stam, 24 spirit and increased armor/ frost resist for just 12 intellect isn't worth it to me while i'm already so stacked with intellect on my 39 pally, but for a straight holy pally who has more +healing but less intellect it could be worth it, personally i'm built as a fc/healer so all my gear is stam/intellect and only 137+healing . It's definitely situational i'd say.

if youre looking for a cheap to gear class I would suggest mage, priest and shammy (resto and ele). Uses a lot of greens and instead of SoJ you can go for cheaper options on mage and priest. Atleast on my server there are quite regulary cheap eagle greens in AH (pure +dmg boes might be a bit more rare). pally on ally as well, but the +heal boe greens are more desired here and quite rare

Yeah I think Priest is hands down the easiest to make, but basically all the healing classes are cheap - could go Sham, Druid, Priest or Paladin (hardest). Mage is also a great pick, but Warlock shadow greens are really expensive unless you're sniping.

It will depend on your server though - I can regularly find basically any 30-39 blue (besides ultra-rare minor upgrades) for 15-20g on my server if I wait long enough. That makes gearing almost any class super cheap, but I'm sure it's monopolized on the more popular twink servers.

How does Resto Druid perform relative to the other healing classes? Are they underpowered like they are at 60?

How does Resto Druid perform relative to the other healing classes? Are they underpowered like they are at 60?

I think they are great. They might not be as Mana efficient as some, or have the utility of others, but they deal with pressure real well. Their mobility makes it somewhat useless for DPS to focus them, and it's especially hard to CC them, which I find to be a winning combo. Stealth and Sprint are some added bonuses that shouldn't be overlooked, in fact they might even be the very best healer for AB.

I assume healing output is also lower than Pally/Priest, and probably Shaman as well?

But Druid def has the advantage in mobility, flexibility, etc.

I assume healing output is also lower than Pally/Priest, and probably Shaman as well?

But Druid def has the advantage in mobility, flexibility, etc.

Healing output is actually really good tbh, you have a great coefficient on Healing Touch thanks to .5s reduced cast time and +20% crit on Regrowth. All of the Resto talents are amazing tbh - Nature's Swiftness, Reflection, Nature's Focus, all incredible. I wouldn't hesitate to take a Druid as main healer.

I think they are great. They might not be as Mana efficient as some, or have the utility of others, but they deal with pressure real well. Their mobility makes it somewhat useless for DPS to focus them, and it's especially hard to CC them, which I find to be a winning combo. Stealth and Sprint are some added bonuses that shouldn't be overlooked, in fact they might even be the very best healer for AB.

Healing output is actually really good tbh, you have a great coefficient on Healing Touch thanks to .5s reduced cast time and +20% crit on Regrowth. All of the Resto talents are amazing tbh - Nature's Swiftness, Reflection, Nature's Focus, all incredible. I wouldn't hesitate to take a Druid as main healer.

I'm not necessarily going to disagree with you here, but a couple things I would add that weren't fully addressed. The biggest issue I believe for druid healers is mana efficiency. If they are specced 0/0/30 to take advantage of all that resto awesomeness, they are also missing out on Natural Shapeshifter. You can run a resto druid oom just focusing them and making them try to escape. Each shapeshift is 55% of base mana (cat or bear, travel is much less outdoors), which at 39 equates to 453 mana. Add in that Regrowth and HT are both over 400 mana each at max rank, and a druid can be oom 20 sec into a fight often times.

Which brings the next point about gearing. Because the heals are so expensive, there is a need to stack +healing gear and downrank some. Regrowth is a 2 sec cast regardless of rank, along with speccing into Improved Regrowth for the crit. sort of defeats the purpose of downranking. Same holds true for rejuv (plus it heals for a very trivial amount at lower ranks). So the option is to use lesser ranks of HT with +healing gear - but that ultimately keeps you from being able to stack as much stam/int as you would want, making survivability and oom both real issues despite escapability.

I think the inability to deal with stuns (which inevitably happen in caster form, not in bear, as a healer) and the long, inefficient casts make druid likely the worst pure healer. Not bad, but worst when compared to the others.

Would you guys recommend using the Arathi Basin belt for warlock?

Oh I think it was the other night that I noticed it. Pretty much equivalent, and you could also use the Seafire Band instead.

Yeah the list is built for fresh twinks with zero rep. At least one WSG ring would be BiS for Hpal though.

Users who are viewing this thread