340+ gear from bgs in 8.1???????

Prob just an error on their part. I have heavy HEAVY doubts this is true.

That said, they really should increase the ilvl rewards to like 300 or something when you're nearing lvl 120. The disparity between lvl 119 gear and 120 low entry dungeon gear is still pretty significant. It sorta feels like they're saying "gearing is fucking lame until 120". I remember older xpacs when there was gear that you could get as you leveled that helped you significantly. I wish they'd make BFA engineering goggles available to lower levels just like they do with goggles from many other expansions.

I can already see it... There is gonna be another “glitch” or “exploit” where us 110s will be able to acquire 340 gear. Blizzard will receive complaints and the ban hammers will come out once more. Maybe this time, people can actually keep this stuff hidden well enough to actually get some use out of it in Islands and PvE.

I can already see it... There is gonna be another “glitch” or “exploit” where us 110s will be able to acquire 340 gear. Blizzard will receive complaints and the ban hammers will come out once more. Maybe this time, people can actually keep this stuff hidden well enough to actually get some use out of it in Islands and PvE.

They usually don't ban, just nerf

I think people that exploited arathi earlier in the xpac to trade 340 drops at lower level than intended caught bans.

They usually don't ban, just nerf
I got suspended for a week and lost my 340s. Some other people got 1 month or longer bans. Some people were, for whatever reason, allowed to keep their 340s and didn’t get suspended or banned. I guess it depends on the GM you get.

I got suspended for a week and lost my 340s. Some other people got 1 month or longer bans. Some people were, for whatever reason, allowed to keep their 340s and didn’t get suspended or banned. I guess it depends on the GM you get.

Yeah I suppose. Idk I've just never had an issue. Sucks that happened

https://imgur.com/a/sdnY8PW
''chance on 340 gear''

btw i checked 110 and thats still the same reward

so in case u dont get lucky from world bosses u can just get it from bgs XD

PTR BTW
wtf nice find man ! didnt even think about checking this tooltip lol :D !

edit: okay BIG NEWS ! this gear scales with ilvl !!
330 ilvl provides 340 gear at 119
317 ilvl provides 330 gear at 119

(currently testing more)
so it scales with unequipped ilvl even if iou vendor stuff so i had to put everything in void storage and 270 ish ilvl still provided 330 gear
edit: for all it seems 330 is the lowest ilvl it can get to

Last edited:
Did someone actually get to test out whether its just a tooltip error or not? I tried getting into a bg to test it myself, but the queue time is insane and I didnt get into one yet. Im wondering because even on my 111 the tooltip says 330.

Its not going to happen. Just go do a quest... if the reward isn't 320+ then they CANNOT offer that ilvl from BG.

If it goes live and is a glitch? Ill BG non-stop until they hotfix it... but seriously - stop. Its not happening.

edit- or go kill a rare. 273 ilvl at 119, same as BG gear. Quest rewards are actually higher.

330 ilvl provides 340 gear at 119

How the hell did you get 330 ilvl at 119 to test it?

Last edited:
Its not going to happen. Just go do a quest... if the reward isn't 320+ then they CANNOT offer that ilvl from BG.

If it goes live and is a glitch? Ill BG non-stop until they hotfix it... but seriously - stop. Its not happening.

edit- or go kill a rare. 273 ilvl at 119, same as BG gear. Quest rewards are actually higher.

How the hell did you get 330 ilvl at 119 to test it?
the ptr vendor gives you 3x 370 azerite pieces

Hope this is true the closer we get to the end of this stupid rng fest of an event, lol. Got my 4th plate belt from Azuregos and no Typhoon drop.

if the gear is from a bg box you looted how is it in any way similar to how the arathi pieces were aquired? nobody can complain if its a normal part of the game. if you were in the bg group, but not in the bg... like phased out or in dal shopping... and you got the rewards for doing nothing then people might say something. as pve advances the discrepancy between fresh 120’s and raid geared ones gets bigger. maybe adding in gear from110-119 that gives a new player a means to boost their ilevel a bit before they hit 120 and have to face players with raid gear in bg’s?

If this is from the PTR don’t get your hopes up. 20-29 went through a similar thing where dungeon satchels on PTR offered gear up to iLvl 55 and that never made it to live game.

PTR is full of tooltip errors and other small things like that.

there is plenty of room for discussion but tooltip error or not the actual situation is as said. well see after 8.1 hits (12.12.) or maybe even later after season 2 hits servers (thats the time they'll update ilvl of the gear from dungeons, warfronts and emissarys) around january ?!

Saw in the new release schedule:
If you reach revered with Champions of Azeroth in one character, all characters in your account will be able to acquire the Heart of Azeroth upgrade from Magni, as soon as Tides of Vengeance launches.

Clearly that includes 110-119! Must be true! You heard it here first!!

We're not getting 340 BG rewards, all the discussion in the world isnt going to change that. Endgame "matters" nothing else. Poor wording and faulty tooltips aren't going to change that, no matter how much we hope.

Saw in the new release schedule:

Clearly that includes 110-119! Must be true! You heard it here first!!

We're not getting 340 BG rewards, all the discussion in the world isnt going to change that. Endgame "matters" nothing else. Poor wording and faulty tooltips aren't going to change that, no matter how much we hope.

Not so sure about this. Whilst I believe you can get the upgrade without the rep, the problem will be that you can’t get the quest u til 120.

There are people here who hit a new rep band already but could get the upgrade cause they couldn’t get the quest.

All this does is allow you to boost a neck when you hit 120 without having to grind all that rep again.

Users who are viewing this thread