30 Outlaw Rogue - Low DPS?

Znipp

Legend
Hey fellow twinks,

Whenever I LFG a random Dungeon my DPS is terrible, I've been outDPSed by (low level) levelers... Is it because Outlaw has a ramp up time?

My gear is a mix of ICC heroic and TBC.
a 5 minute DPS rotation on a dummy gives about ~230DPS.

Character can be found here:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/draenor/hybrís

Beside that issue it is a blast to quest with this character. Any advice?

Edit: What weapon enchant should I be using? I'm currently using Mark of Warsong for the haste proc. It increased my DPS by 40 over Mongoose.
Would Elemental Force be any good?

Last edited:
Your gear isn't the true origin of your DPS problem. The issue stems from the scaling design in LFG dungeons.

Explained very quickly it gives an advantage to players lower leveled AND with insanely OP stats (I.e. level 10s with 30%+ in secondary stats). Being lower level also makes it so monsters have a smaller health pool, and maybe even lower defensive stats.

You'd have to find level 30 required gear to maximize the allocated stats on each gear piece for your lvl 30 character. Using lvl 27 gear puts you at a disadvantage. Regardless even with maxed stats you'd never be able to reach the DPS of a lvl 10 twink.

Hope this helped.

Nice twink :)

Go check out the cata vendors in org/sw the blue sets are very high ilvl and require lvl 30. The sw one is in the hall of officers and the org one is above the center building right in the first area. The ilvl on these blues is higher then the purples lol. Considering set bonuses dont work anymore :( it might be worth checking out these pieces.

Btw I love your ring, very nice. Also you are missing a shoulder enchant the pvp one requires 32 but you can get inscriptions if you are okay dropping eng/alch ( making an assumption thats what you have) for it

Your gear isn't the true origin of your DPS problem. The issue stems from the scaling design in LFG dungeons.

Explained very quickly it gives an advantage to players lower leveled AND with insanely OP stats (I.e. level 10s with 30%+ in secondary stats). Being lower level also makes it so monsters have a smaller health pool, and maybe even lower defensive stats.

You'd have to find level 30 required gear to maximize the allocated stats on each gear piece for your lvl 30 character. Using lvl 27 gear puts you at a disadvantage. Regardless even with maxed stats you'd never be able to reach the DPS of a lvl 10 twink.

Hope this helped.

Nice twink :)

That explains a lot! Thank you!

I did know about the secondary scaling but Of didn't realize mob stats scale as well.
Oh well. Time to disable the DPS meter and just enjoy the ride. :)

You are right about the level 27 gear. I'll see what I can do. It is mostly a nostalgia project of mine.
If the Warglaives drop I will use them just because I can. :p

Man I love this level. Easy to get started. Awesome content with Chromie scaling as well. <3
[doublepost=1643521679,1643521343][/doublepost]
Go check out the cata vendors in org/sw the blue sets are very high ilvl and require lvl 30. The sw one is in the hall of officers and the org one is above the center building right in the first area. The ilvl on these blues is higher then the purples lol. Considering set bonuses dont work anymore :( it might be worth checking out these pieces.

Btw I love your ring, very nice. Also you are missing a shoulder enchant the pvp one requires 32 but you can get inscriptions if you are okay dropping eng/alch ( making an assumption thats what you have) for it

Right! Will do! :) Thanks for the tip.
I'm aware of the shoulder enchant missing.
I haven't gotten any profession yet. So inscriptions will be learned.

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=86375/swiftsteel-inscription

Should work right?

I was surprised by the ring as well! It was 999g on the AH. :D
[doublepost=1643557193][/doublepost]Well I've been running some Cata normals today for trinkets and Ulduar for +agi/proc trinkets.
No luck yet with raid drops so far. :)
Gear had been improved a lot, currently in process of testing weapon enchants..
Mongoose
Mark of Warsong
Dancing Steel
Hurricane
Elemental Force

Hey fellow twinks,

Whenever I LFG a random Dungeon my DPS is terrible, I've been outDPSed by (low level) levelers... Is it because Outlaw has a ramp up time?

My gear is a mix of ICC heroic and TBC.
a 5 minute DPS rotation on a dummy gives about ~230DPS.

Character can be found here:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/draenor/hybrís

Beside that issue it is a blast to quest with this character. Any advice?

Edit: What weapon enchant should I be using? I'm currently using Mark of Warsong for the haste proc. It increased my DPS by 40 over Mongoose.
Would Elemental Force be any good?
I have messed around a decent amount with my old 70 rogue, bringing him to 30 for a possible herald project but meh. Outlaw lacks core ability’s that give it the dps edge it has at max level, the largest one is having no combat potency or relentless strikes.
With this being said, haste = vers, crit is what I have found to be your best stat weights. And my highest sim dps has been with ele force with also using a thrash blade weapon, mok’morak head cracker for high damage and items that have a similar damage proc to ele force.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/bleeding-hollow/blackberryy

This is my highest dps setup, and keep in mind these are just my own personal tests.

That purple mok is a real beaut
My only question for 30 is why is no one using the ilvl 41 blue gear from the cata vendors? they require lvl 30 unlike the other pieces that require lvl 32. Lots of the pieces have haste vers as well as sockets.

I have messed around a decent amount with my old 70 rogue, bringing him to 30 for a possible herald project but meh. Outlaw lacks core ability’s that give it the dps edge it has at max level, the largest one is having no combat potency or relentless strikes.
With this being said, haste = vers, crit is what I have found to be your best stat weights. And my highest sim dps has been with ele force with also using a thrash blade weapon, mok’morak head cracker for high damage and items that have a similar damage proc to ele force.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/bleeding-hollow/blackberryy

This is my highest dps setup, and keep in mind these are just my own personal tests.

I agree with Elemental Force from my personal testing as well. It's a shame yes that Outlaw is lacking it's oomph skills. Not to mention the randomness that is Roll the Bones. (DPS fluctuates with it)
Still I've been enjoying it at this level range.
[doublepost=1643659177,1643659057][/doublepost]
That purple mok is a real beaut
My only question for 30 is why is no one using the ilvl 41 blue gear from the cata vendors? they require lvl 30 unlike the other pieces that require lvl 32. Lots of the pieces have haste vers as well as sockets.

I switched to level 30 blues. :) Gained 20ish more agi. A lot more stamina. Some mastery and sameish crit/haste as before.

I agree with Elemental Force from my personal testing as well. It's a shame yes that Outlaw is lacking it's oomph skills. Not to mention the randomness that is Roll the Bones. (DPS fluctuates with it)
Still I've been enjoying it at this level range.
[doublepost=1643659177,1643659057][/doublepost]

I switched to level 30 blues. :) Gained 20ish more agi. A lot more stamina. Some mastery and sameish crit/haste as before.
yeah I still hop on occasionally and mess around for fun, if you’re looking theory craft at 30 and conversation at the level.
https://discord.gg/W3WsB4A5g3
Is full of plenty of that and cool people

So after a week of gearing my DPS has increased by +100 on a 5 minute dummy test. :D
I'm very happy with my stats:

236 agi
35% crit
17% vers
12% haste

Improving will be a lot slower from now on. ;)
---
I dropped inscriptions, learned Cata alchemy.
To replace shoulder enchants I went for Exalted with Scryers by turning in marks. I did lose 1ap/1crit. Pff. ;)

A little less agi, 40% crit, 20% vers, 12% haste.
I just need https://www.wowhead.com/item=46032/drape-of-the-faceless-general to drop as my last item. :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread