29s Classic: Lobby Blizzard about Windstorm Hammer

Anexa

Veteran
If you have active WoW subscription and is planning to play 29s in Classic TBC, then I would like you guys to submit suggestions to Blizzard about updating https://classic.wowhead.com/item=6804/windstorm-hammer from 34 item level back to 35 item level in TBC Classic.

It's good to start early with this since it's a database issue

Understand the problem

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=6804/windstorm-hammer has 35+ item level in vanilla and early patches of TBC, including black temple. Since it doesn't have a level requirement, then the item level matters only - and items with 35 item level and above can get lvl 70 BiS enchants like

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Everything is good
UNTIL
Patch 2.3 - The Gods of Zul'Aman where the item gets revamped and changes to 34 item level.

unknown.png

Blizzard are expected to do like vanilla classic and use the database of their last patch throughout the entire expansion and therefore they won't even give you a chance to enchant it altho you were able to in the early phases of TBC.

What to do?

1. Log on Classic WoW. NOT SHADOWLANDS!
2. Click on the red questionmark (?) at the side of the screen, where you open tickets etc.
3. Open Submit Suggestion. NOT TICKET! Then explain the issue.

unknown.png

I personally wrote

Suggestion regarding TBC Classic.

The item [Windstorm Hammer] has 35+ item item throughout TBC until The Zul’Aman Patch 2.3 where the item changes to 34 item level.

I'm worried you will ruin my nostalgic twinking experience as I used to have a 29 rogue twink with mongoose (enchant require 35+ i-lvl) on the Windstorm. But if you will use the item database for patch 2.4 throughout all phases of TBC, then you won't give me a chance to re-live that again. Please change the item from 34 to 35 i-lvl

Or since everyone will be in the same boat (unlike OG TBC where some had it) just get another wep and move on with life ;-P

As much as a 100% blizzlike, progressive system would be fun, I think it's a big ask. If you do it with one item, then why not with a million other items that doesn't necessarily affect twink brackets alone? What about changes outside of items, such as class / spell changes, hotfixes, balancing and so on.

I get that slapping high-end enchants on a weapon sounds fun, but eh.

The entire point with remaking the previous expansions is to give people nostalgic feelings and please them with what they once enjoyed. I enjoyed rocking with double mongoose back in TBC, it's what I would like to re-live again - and not to sit in a Kara raid for 6 hours.

Not surprised with people whiteknighting Blizzard though, but I find it extremely cucked to not have any demands at all as a customer for a company you have prob spent like $180 USD minimum per year on.

"Buhuhuh :( it will give them too much work :( :( :( requires some rocket science engineering for blizzard to change an item back from 34 to 35 i-lvl again :( :("

Last edited:
The entire point with remaking the previous expansions is to give people nostalgic feelings and please them with what they once enjoyed. I enjoyed rocking with double mongoose back in TBC, it's what I would like to re-live again - and not to sit in a 6 hour Kara raid.

Not surprised with people whiteknighting Blizzard though, but I find it extremely cucked to not have any demands at all as a customer for a company you have prob spent like $180 USD minimum per year on.

"Buhuhuh :( it will give them too much work :( :( :( requires some rocket science engineering for blizzard to change an item back from 34 to 35 i-lvl again :( :("
They’ll get right on it, blizzard values a specific item to be able to have 35 Ilvl enchants on it for a small group of people. Probs next hot fix. Jokes aside though, I wish you the best.

They’ll get right on it, blizzard values a specific item to be able to have 35 Ilvl enchants on it for a small group of people. Probs next hot fix. Jokes aside though, I wish you the best.

hence why we need to stop being quiet autistic nerds and step up. Twinks pay for the game as anyone else

Doesn't hurt to try it, but you guys give up before you even try.

Last edited:
That's a bummer. What priest weapon will be the new BiS then?

https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=17039/skullbreaker has always been BiS for Horde priests

Would like if people who has gotten TBC beta to suggest Blizzard to make Windstorm a 35 i-lvl weapon.
As I said before, twinks are paying for this game too. We are allowed to put demands on Blizzard.

Classic is a nostalgia project

Terrible idea. Weapon imbalance at 29 was already the 2nd biggest problem in TBC (blood elf enormous advantage being the first). This just balances the scales a bit.

https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=17039/skullbreaker has always been BiS for Horde priests

Would like if people who has gotten TBC beta to suggest Blizzard to make Windstorm a 35 i-lvl weapon.
As I said before, twinks are paying for this game too. We are allowed to put demands on Blizzard.

Classic is a nostalgia project
I will submit a suggestion and have my friends do the same, I concur I went out of my way to obtain this for TBC in anticipation. I hope they rectify this, it’s not substantial for them so I don’t see why not.

I really hope they sort some of these issues out but I doubt they will.

I was going to play classic 19's but when I discovered that the trade window (note item levels) Shadow Oil on Shadowfang and Frost Oil on Glacial Stone didn't work like it did for many years. Not even sure when this was changed on retail but it wasn't till like after MoP.

This was so damn cool, and wasn't an exploit imo. It follows the fantasy of the game : the oils require the user to be 24/30, but through the will not be traded can be applied to anyone's weapon.

These engine based things really change the experience of the game but I highly doubt any issues bellow end game will be addressed.

Still worth trying though - if you raise a bug report on the forums I'll bump it up for sure.
Windstorm Hammer is so big for rouges and warriors at 29.

Not a big deal tbh and as mentioned would tilt horde even more so.

Users who are viewing this thread