29 Warlock

GEAR

See http://twinkinfo.com/forums/user-submitted-guides/864-level-29-mage.html

TALENTS

Talents in the Affliction and Demonology trees are rated with letters from A to F with A being the most useful.

~Affliction

First Tier: Improved Curse of Agony: A Suppression: A Improved Corruption: B

Second Tier: Improved Curse of Weakness: D Improved Drain Soul: C Improved Life Tap: C Soul Siphon: B

Third Tier: Improved Fear: A Fel Concentration: B Amplify Curse: B

Fourth Tier: Grim Reach: A Nightfall: C Empowered Corruption: A

~Demonology

First Tier: Improved Healthstone: B Improved Imp: F Demonic Embrace: A Fel Synergy: B

Second Tier: Improved Health Funnel: D Demonic Brutality: B Fel Vitality: A

Third Tier: Improved Succubus: B Soul Link: A Fel Domination: B Demonic Aegis: C

Fourth Tier: Unholy Power: D Master Summoner: B

PETS

In contrast to the huntards pet in pvp the warlocks pet plays a larger role than just attack the target or slow. Felhunter is not available to warlocks at level 29. I do not suggestion use of the imp because the abilities of the succubus and the voidwalker and so much more valuable. Succubus has Seduction and the voidwalker has Sacrifice.

~Imp

~Succubus

~Voidwalker

RACE

Each racial that is worth use by the warlock class is given a grade; each grade is factored into the overall grade for each race.

~Human 6 points

Perception: C Every Man for Himself: A

~Gnome 7 points

Escape Artist: B Expansive Mind: C Engineering Specialization: C

~Orc 10 points

Blood Fury: B Hardiness: B Command: A

Blood Fury: Increases your spell power by (Level*2)+3. 29*2+3=61

~Undead 5 points

Will of the Forsaken: A Cannibalize: D

~Blood Elf 3 points

Arcane Torrent: B

GLYPHS

~Major Glyph (1)

Glyph of Corruption Shadow Bolt

Glyph of Curse of Agony Curse of Agony

Glyph of Healthstone Lesser Healthstone

Glyph of Immolate Immolate

~Minor Glyph (1)

Glyph of Drain Soul Drain Soul

STRATEGY FOR YOUR ANTI CLASS

Unlike other casters in the 29 bracket warlocks have less of a problem with huntards thanks to fearspam and dots. What hinders a warlocks the most is of course a class that can dispell dots, ward against fear, and heal itself. This being the priest.

~Fighting Heals

If you are facing a highly skilled priest who has stacked sp and int you will have a more difficult time. Though it is unlikely you will face them mano a mano it is still good to know how to beat them. Placement of fear is a skill you will have to learn fast. If you see fear ward get rid of it right away for if you are about to finish a priest and he casts it right before you get your last fear in all is for nothing.

~Mana Dip

If you are new to the 29 bracket you will quickly find out that priests are fairly inefficient with their mana pools. You can utilize this weakness with great effect; the drain mana spell becomes available to warlocks at level 24. While priests cannot deal a large amount of damage make sure to watch your health while you kill his mana.

CONSUMABLES

It is always good to have some extra help whether it saves your life or helps you take others. Always room for goofy transformations as well. Listed below are items I would use as a warlock that I would not use as a mage. See http://twinkinfo.com/forums/user-submitted-guides/864-level-29-mage.html

Lesser Firestone

Lesser Healthstone

Minor Soulstone

Do warlocks and mages really share the same gear selection for the 29 bracket? No class-specific pieces? ...And can you lump priests in with that as well, to complete the triumvirate of clothie casters?

Interesting choice of anti-class. Given your description, I expected you to say shaman, since shamans give warlocks the same troubles as a priest, and have interrupts (and better mana efficiency/regeneration if the shaman plays as a caster).

Bwappo

Bwappo said:
Do warlocks and mages really share the same gear selection for the 29 bracket? No class-specific pieces? ...And can you lump priests in with that as well, to complete the triumvirate of clothie casters?

warlocks have similar gear, but there are a few +shadow SP pieces i would say are great for a more glass cannon oriented warlock.

Interesting choice of anti-class. Given your description, I expected you to say shaman, since shamans give warlocks the same troubles as a priest, and have interrupts (and better mana efficiency/regeneration if the shaman plays as a caster).

shamans can't dispel fear. i mean 1v1 i'm sure shammies give a warlock hard times but in full scale WSG battles a priest is your main counter as a warlock.

Druiddroid said:
shamans can't dispel fear. i mean 1v1 i'm sure shammies give a warlock hard times but in full scale WSG battles a priest is your main counter as a warlock.

Tremor totems help mitigate fear (and charm), though to be sure, a priest dispel has more utility if the fear hits.

@Nickequick: Yep, true story. I loved playing a shaman in the 39 bracket, so I thought I'd try other brackets as well, and actually ended up spending more time in the 29 bracket.

Bwappo

A glass cannon style warlock will do great, with healthstones, drain life, Voidwalker sacrifice and Arena Grand Master, a warlock can deal massive amounts of damage and easily be like 40 Killing Blows, 0 Deaths, and still be able to defend it's Flag Carrier, as well as attack the EFC.

I actually think a glass cannon warlock is better than this build, and I am going to be rolling one for that purpose to see if it will work but also just because Warlocks have always been a fun class to play.

if you think a glass cannon warlock will have 0 deaths then :confused::confused::confused::confused:

a glass cannon warlock from what i've seen often has top damage, top KBs, and top deaths

Not to bad.

Users who are viewing this thread