29 Shaman Advice

Schoot

Veteran
Yo,
I’m after some guidance on a Shaman tank build, looking to get stam as a priority while maintaining a decent mana pool
Has anyone ever got emissary cuffs of Stamina (9), if so how many thousands of runs did it take

Last edited:
I actually really like the idea of a shaman tank build, but with parry and grounding totem being min level 30, it is agonizing for me to think of staying at 29 with this build idea, haha.

To your question, though--I've only farmed Emissary cuffs once and got Stamina in the process, while looking for something else. What I actually wanted took about 3-4 months, maybe five or six hundred runs, and that was with a level 80 hunter bombing through the place in minutes and running me to the boss with pack. To me, they're really just not good enough to justify the grind when you're gaining 3 stamina (if you get lucky enough to find +9 instead of +8) and giving up 4 Spirit and 4 Agility from a dirt-cheap pair of Barbaric Bracers.

In my experience, even though our brains find it more pleasing to min-max on a single stat as much as possible, when you're sacrificing 8 useful stats for 3, you're probably not being optimal, even as a tank.

4 Agility is 8 Armor, 0.2% dodge & crit. Spirit is mp5 after 5 seconds of not casting, which will happen a decent amount as a tank, especially if you have a healer, so you can save mana for low-rank shocks and totems for utility. You can argue that 30 extra health is still better in some situations, but you have to admit that it's also worse in a lot of others.

Last edited:
I farmed the monkey's on my old Rogue but that account is innactive and I can't check to see if I got stam ones, but I'm fairly certain I did. Honestly compared to some of the twinks I've done, it's a medium difficulty farm imo. I got them in <100 runs for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread