29 Healadin 2.0

R8 me m8ties

• Total voters

Trialkiller

Grandfathered
So I decided to put up a second rate-a-twink for my hpally with the option of polling your rating! I think it'll be an interesting ego-booster for people if it catches on, check it.

Trialkiller @ Darkspear - Community - World of Warcraft

Torn between using Tabard of the Wyrmrest Accord - Item - World of Warcraft and Tabard of the Kirin Tor - Item - World of Warcraft

Would appreciate opinions on tabards.

Not going to sacrifice 1 int / 1 crit for the haste shoulder enchant, so don't bother.

Haste is still going to benefit you more in the long run than versatility, especially with the amount of burst in the bracket. Getting denounce to around 1.1-1.2 second cast makes keeping it up on targets while maintaining FOL spamming much easier. I would also swap out the chest enchant for the +39 mana enchant. An extra 270 mana > 2 stats, especially with a class that has to spam a heavy mana cost spell.

Arena is obviously a bit different gearing wise, but for bgs, haste is the way to go.

Believe it or not, the peerless is still better than the mana to chest. You gain extra stamina and int with peerless. I just quaff mana pots like they are going out of style. Another option is heartsong enchant. I would not recommend it on a HPaladin though. I generally stick with a static spellpower weapon enchant on HPaladins and reserve Heartsong for a healer with a HoT like a Mistwalker.

/cheers

/cheers

Haste is still going to benefit you more in the long run than versatility, especially with the amount of burst in the bracket. Getting denounce to around 1.1-1.2 second cast makes keeping it up on targets while maintaining FOL spamming much easier. I would also swap out the chest enchant for the +39 mana enchant. An extra 270 mana > 2 stats, especially with a class that has to spam a heavy mana cost spell.

Arena is obviously a bit different gearing wise, but for bgs, haste is the way to go.

Honestly with Mana potions in random BG's I wouldn't be worried about the extra mana on chest, rather have +2 stats. Faster cast times are nice in some situations but it's more often than not that Alli has 3+ interrupts focusing me and I'd rather put out more with holy shock and be able to tank that little extra while I go to get a cast off. I do switch between haste / vers occasionally but I always end up using vers the most, I don't like seeing glyphed heals cast for under 900, it's painful. :)

Agree with alley on the weapon enchant, if hpally had more hots / instant casts to proc a weapon enchant regularly enough I'd love to use something like power torrent or whatever, but hpally is pretty much restricted to 1 heal with an instant cast on a 7 sec cd... QQ. I pretty much just play objective as holy, which is why it's so painful to watch my team fight mid all game on the map instead of go for EFC.

Honestly with Mana potions in random BG's I wouldn't be worried about the extra mana on chest, rather have +2 stats. Faster cast times are nice in some situations but it's more often than not that Alli has 3+ interrupts focusing me and I'd rather put out more with holy shock and be able to tank that little extra while I go to get a cast off. I do switch between haste / vers occasionally but I always end up using vers the most, I don't like seeing glyphed heals cast for under 900, it's painful. :)

Agree with alley on the weapon enchant, if hpally had more hots / instant casts to proc a weapon enchant regularly enough I'd love to use something like power torrent or whatever, but hpally is pretty much restricted to 1 heal with an instant cast on a 7 sec cd... QQ. I pretty much just play objective as holy, which is why it's so painful to watch my team fight mid all game on the map instead of go for EFC.

I completely disagree with +2 stats being better than an extra 270 mana. Thats what? 2 extra casts of flash of light. Thats an extra (at the very least) 1800 potential healing before you oom. +2 int may get you close to that over an entire bg. That extra mana benefits you everytime you get back to full mana. This again, could just be my weird play style vs how everyone else plays.

With regards to the alli usually focusing you, this can be remedied generally by better positioning. Hide behind stuff, use the DMF seasaw to make yourself smaller, and thus harder to target and see outside of the target/focus frame. Hide in bushes/behind stumps! There are so many aspects of the environment you can abuse to make it harder on the enemy. On top of that, you should be at the back of the group at almost all time (slightly infront of the fc, which should be further back) This way, the melee focusing you has to commit far away from their heals to focus you, and thus, the dps can pick them off quickly, otherwise the heals have to push up to get in range to heal their dps, and make themselves vulnerable. Make them play your game, not the other way around.

Generally speaking, while I agree holy shock is a great offensive ability, you should be focusing on healing others, dispelling off dots from stealthies, as well as stuns, or taunting pets off players/keeping stealthies in combat. I don't know what kind of games you get into, but I never have to usually to get a holy shock or 2 off on an enemy micromanaging all that other nonsense.

With regards to the wep enchant, +base sp is a no brainer, which is why the vast majority use it. Tried and true.

Trust me, every little bit of stamina helps. And with peerless your are double dipping because you get stamina and int.
You can quaff up those 15 silver mana pots all day long for the same amount of mana you will gain from the mana enchant. Try the mana enchant our for yourself. And then swap over to peerless. You can have chest with each easily now. And the enchants are pretty inexpensive.
That is part of the fun of twinking is finding out what works for YOU. Not what what works for the other player.

/cheers

In regards to using items like the DMF seesaw. It does not make your target bar smaller, just your figure. You are still easily targeted by enemy players.

/cheers

In regards to using items like the DMF seesaw. It does not make your target bar smaller, just your figure. You are still easily targeted by enemy players.

/cheers

In regards to using mana pots, instead of the mana to chest, why not use both? Every little bit helps, and like I said, 2 extra cast of FOL are going to count more most times, than a few extra hit points, and a few extra points of int. With regards to needing every extra point of stam/hp, I agree vs certain melee heavy comps, but generally speaking I can easily get away with about 4200-4500hp. Hp really only matters with ferals and monks, everything else its a % game and how efficiently you can utilize your mana pool/globals.

With regards to the seesaw, I did not mean the target bar getting smaller, I was referring to your actual character being smaller to target with the mouse (much like the idea of playing as a gnome in BC days) as well as being harder to spot visually. Not every player uses bg targets, so why not exploit that?

I just want to help a fellow holy paladin player out, which is why I am suggesting what works for me. Out of all/most of the other hpally players (the few that still play this gimped class) I see to be the only one that can consistently keep up with the other classes, if not outperform them, time and time again. Ego aside, of course, I just want others to succeed as well. I'm tired of only seeing discs and resto shamans time and time again :/

Last edited by a moderator:
+2 all stats = 2 stam / int / spirit by the way, so I'm not losing out on much mana realistically, and the int / stam makes up for any mana I might've lost in the time it takes to regen 270 mana with 2 spirit.

rank one /afk player in the bracket, hands down

Lmao trial saying that /afking out of a bg isn't that bad but he gets smashed by a Jaja premade, jk he doesn't get smashed by them bc he already /afked out. Looks like a trash mog for a trash player healadin my ass he won't toss a holy shock unless the other 9 horde is with him. L2 stay a whole game

Lmao trial saying that /afking out of a bg isn't that bad but he gets smashed by a Jaja premade, jk he doesn't get smashed by them bc he already /afked out. Looks like a trash mog for a trash player healadin my ass he won't toss a holy shock unless the other 9 horde is with him. L2 stay a whole game

Lol brah you afk'd against my pug team within first 5 mins the last time I saw you in a BG. Besides it's not like I don't have over 800 games played where I didn't leave... I love that you talk shit about /afk'ing bg's when I see you do it a lot, kinda hypocritical. Zelpher as well, not sure why he thinks he's such a good hpally when his build is straight laughable between the Speed of Light and crit gloves / boots. I've seen every single person talking shit about me leaving BG's afk at least once against my team, so if you're trolling then well done you got me to bite but if not I suggest you get help for whatever mental issue you have.

Users who are viewing this thread