29 destro lock staff enchant?

Lightfall

Legend
So what would be best here? I've looked at a bunch of armories and it seems that elemental force is the consensus? Anyone have any numbers on this?

I also looked at sunfire which seems bad (only 10 fire sp) and mighty spellpower to staff (scales to 13 sp)

What about the WOD enchants? People not using these because they are too expensive or do they just not scale well?

there's another than scales to 16 sp but I gather that elemental force is still better than that given that it is hitting on dot ticks.

there's another than scales to 16 sp but I gather that elemental force is still better than that given that it is hitting on dot ticks.

Elemental force for sure

Ticks very often, can crit over 220 dmg and even makes more then 10% of the dmg done

Thats alot more then you will ever gain from some spellpower or jadespirit

Just about every dps class wants to use elemental force. The fact that its scaling is broken makes it one of the best enchants in the game for a low level character (even healers). Mark of the Shattered Hand cannot stack procs and the initial damage + bleed is significantly lower than just one Elemental Force proc. The fact that you frequently get stacking double procs of Elemental Force makes it even better for those classes who can dual wield weapons.

If they fixed EF to be in line with other enchant scaling, then it would no longer be BiS. I'm not sure if it was oversight, or if they just felt like there needed to be at least one easy to get enchant that was good for nearly everyone. The fact that it's a dot that doesn't scale with stats, that can crit for more damage that most dots actually do at this level, is what makes it really good. On the negative side, it really makes most other weapon enchants kinda bad.

Depends the class. Without elemental force i stopped playing my warlock; it would lack any dmg... atleast this adds some...

Idk what you're talking about tbh, destruction has decent sustained dmg with incinerate and strong burst with bolt and conflags.

Before 6.0 Destro was definitely the best warlock spec, did consistent 700-900 crits between Incinerate and Conflagrate with 330 fire power, against targets who had 40% resilience. Now, without resilience, only getting maybe 400-500 Incinerate/Conflag crits against targets who have 40% more hp. Not really sure Destro is viable atm, when Demo offers more mobility and better on the go damage. Drain Life spam is also key to staying alive.

Idk what you're talking about tbh, destruction has decent sustained dmg with incinerate and strong burst with bolt and conflags.

You are right, i was thinking with demonolgy in my head.
Destruction indeed has some nice dmg still and even extra spellpower overal could be better then elemental force for destruction.

Before 6.0 Destro was definitely the best warlock spec, did consistent 700-900 crits between Incinerate and Conflagrate with 330 fire power, against targets who had 40% resilience. Now, without resilience, only getting maybe 400-500 Incinerate/Conflag crits against targets who have 40% more hp. Not really sure Destro is viable atm, when Demo offers more mobility and better on the go damage. Drain Life spam is also key to staying alive.
I don't agree. Drain Life is terrible against any team with a melee in it and has no damage outside of 2 x touch of chaos + imp swarm. The only good thing about Demonology is how you can kite a single melee forever.

Destruction constantly has that threat of damage while also having a decent kiting potential in Conflag snare. As soon as you land a full fear on something, people know that they're in trouble. You can just fake bolts and just from that you can force cooldowns because they know they can't let you land that cast.

Scoot said:
I don't agree. Drain Life is terrible against any team with a melee in it and has no damage outside of 2 x touch of chaos + imp swarm. The only good thing about Demonology is how you can kite a single melee forever.

Destruction constantly has that threat of damage while also having a decent kiting potential in Conflag snare. As soon as you land a full fear on something, people know that they're in trouble. You can just fake bolts and just from that you can force cooldowns because they know they can't let you land that cast.

With no instant outs as destro (fear has a cast time) you're a sitting duck for melee. Trying to get enough embers built to actually burst with bolt is almost impossible under pressure. You wind using them to Ember Tap, Incinerate/Conflag do so little damage now you aren't really a threat to anyone (unless they just stand there letting you free cast). At least Demo has instant outs via Demonic Leap, giving you the ability to make space to get fears off. Then you can just spread aids and spam Drain Life to stay alive. Talent + glyph Drain Life = 18% life back over 6 seconds. Stack haste and you can drop that down to 4.5 seconds. 18% total health over 4.5 seconds is no joke. On top of that, you generate demonic fury from Drain Life, making it a much more viable option over spamming Shadow Bolt.

locks depend on having a healer to be useful for anything.

if you insist on playing solo demo is the only thing thats gonna keep you alive for more than 5 seconds. problem with demo is that its mechanics are clunky and the dmg output is unconsistant.
Destro has higher dmg output and its consistant. Demo has a jump that allows you to live for 10 seconds instead of 5.

Users who are viewing this thread