25s vs 27s vs 29s

Powermonger

I apologize if this is stickied somewhere.

Could someone break it down for me as a returning old 60?
I’ve been told that 25s can deal with the entire xp off bracket just fine, but what is the player base at 25 and will I mostly be seeing 29s?
Also, are my “legacy” set bonuses just gone forever? Laaaaame lol.

TIA!

Powermonger - Kelthuzad

The bulk of the bracket is free play level 20. They are in revolt at the moment because levelers got taken away and replaced with old 60, 70 and fresh 29 so queues are dipping. The real loss was access to the levelers tho, not really so much free play. Free play had access to unlocked XP battlegrounds so they got lots of playtime with the levelers.

But now they got booted in with locked XP and anything 20-29 CAN get games if enough people queue, but most 29 you see will be newly rolled to exploit the bracket. A small amount leveled their old 60/70 to 29 for the new gear and abilities/talents/whatnot. Some are very strong.

25 is Ok and you'll have more fun playing your old toon for the time the queues have left (if it dies). The talent point you get at 25 is nice too. Sadly a lot of your gear might not be as good as it should be anymore and replacing it with BoE greens would give better performance.... but less swag.

And yes, most set bonuses are gone. There's a few from TBC gear that are still ok, plus some sockets to go along with.

But yeah... you wont be hacking up fodder like the old days. Just enjoying your toon with a good class to do it, IMO.

edit- you'll probably see more old 70 (level 27 now) than 60.

edit2- and in all honesty, you're probably gonna get jacked up a lot. Even by the well-geared free 20's.

Last edited:
A small amount leveled their old 60/70 to 29 for the new gear and abilities/talents/whatnot. Some are very strong.

Not because of being lv29, though. The only strong ones I've seen are destro locks or hunters and that's solely because of their class, so let's not misrepresent what's really goin' on.

Destro already got a massive damage nerf on BETA, hoping that hunters will follow suit.

all-in-all, 25s and 27s can compete very easily with 29s. Personally every bg that I'm in I've been destroying 29s with the exception of the occasional Warlock one-shotting me but as I sad -- That's an issue of spell tuning, not "29s are OP", because my own lv25 lock can crit for 3-4k as well with relative ease.

replacing it with BoE greens would give better performance

Also don't fall for this trap. While ilv33 BoE's are bis in some slots, most slots' bis are socket pieces from TBC/Wotlk or Crafted.

Personally, I don't use any ilv33 BoE's at all. If I did, at best I'd gain perhaps.. 3 crit rating and 3 haste rating, which at the percentages I'm at wouldn't even give me 0.5% in either.

But yeah... you wont be hacking up fodder like the old days.

Depends on your class and spec, really. Warlocks will, Hunters will, and even I can two-shot people as Arms depending on my target.

and in all honesty, you're probably gonna get jacked up a lot. Even by the well-geared free 20's.

I do suggest you stick to your class's intended role. Rogues aren't going around one-shotting people. They're more focused around CC.
[doublepost=1663300282,1663299501][/doublepost]To elaborate further on the Ilv33 items: A full set is only best-in-slot if you want a full set of Tertiary stats (Speed or Leech), if you don't then it's a net-loss on primary stats. On secondary as well if you don't gem double primary like I do (2 stam 2 str).

Rogue's would lose out on a lot of agility and crit if you go full Ilv33 due to all of the missing gemslots. (you miss 10 gemslots, aka 20 agi / 20 in a secondary if you go full ilv33, plus the +13/+11 Crit rating socket bonus from TBC set bonus and +12 crit rating from Meta Gem, not to mention all the possible socket bonuses you lose out on. All-in-All, you lose stats with full Ilv33 BoE gear).

The only strong ones I've seen are destro locks or hunters and that's solely because of their class, so let's not misrepresent what's really goin' on.

I think rogue gets one too, that's why I said some... and those couple are VERY strong.

Its more about heath pools than anything else right now, it just sucks that the 20s is so low.

HE'S A ROGUE.

So that extra ability that's "strong" for rogue is very strong for him.... but hopefully he isnt ever drawn to leveling there.

Users who are viewing this thread