24-5 | Alliance vs Horde Sunday Wargames

PLEYA

Legend
European Alliance vs Horde Wargames​
This Sunday at 19:00 CET / Realm-Time
Having trouble redirecting people to this post? Simply tell them to go tiny.cc/wargames and they will be redirected here!

Notes and Changes
Everyone is welcome to sign up and play in this event. These wargames are meant for everyone and not just the most skilled of players. I know of several people who didn't sign up because they thought they weren't skilled enough. This is nothing to be afraid of! In every single wargame this far there has been a mix of better and worse players, and everyone has been able to pull their weight while having a good time. You will not be judged, every single participant is wanted and appreciated.

Getting the wargames started in five minutes is of course an unrealistic goal, but I think we can set a record this Sunday.
We have learned of several things to watch out for and should now be familiar enough with all the major hindrances to be able to pull off a quick start. I want everyone with an active subscription to make sure that their XP-gain is unlocked at 19:00. If you aren't on a starter-account and your subscription hasn't run out yet; then you need to go and pay 10g to undo the change that locked your XP. You won't get experience from playing wargames, so don't be afraid of leveling up to 21, it won't happen.

- We will be playing Arathi Basin if there are twelve or more people signed up on both the Alliance and Horde team. Read more about this change in the General Information-section.
- Balance Druids and Monk DPS' are now limited to one per team.
- Removed the restriction that limited Stealth-capable DPS' to two per team.
- Ferocious Bite can now only be used by Guardian Druids if they are listed as FCs (meaning no Ferocious Biting by Guardians in Arathi Basin).

Feel free to voice your disagreement with any of the rules or restrictions. Please keep it straight-forward and clear though, and if you're unsure about something; ask. Suggestions are also welcome and should follow the same principles.​

General Information
The Wargames will start at 19:00 CET if everything goes as planned, but everyone should be logged onto their characters and ready to go at 18:55 CET.
At 19:05 CET we will start filling up the slots of those who aren't online with reserve-players and whoever else is interested in playing.
If you don't show up and haven't posted in this thread by 19:05 CET to let people know you're not coming, then you can't get a secured slot in the next event and will have to sign up as a reserve.

The leader of the Alliance-team and the leader of the Horde-team shall meet at the Runeweaver Square in Dalaran on the server Twisting Nether or any of its connected realms.

We will be playing Arathi Basin instead of Warsong Gulch if there are twelve or more people signed up on both the Alliance and Horde team (not counting reserves). The FC-slot will be replaced with a DPS-slot, and the amount of healer-slots will be increased to four per team if we're playing Arathi Basin.

Everyone is expected to be using Skype, but you don't need to talk if you don't want to. Just listening to the ones who are talking is OK.
If there are more people interested in playing than there are slots, then the people who aren't joining the Skype-call for the Wargames will be marked as reserves and switched out for people who do join Skype.

If you aren't sure of whether or not you will be available, or for whatever other reason want to sign up as a reserve-player; you can.
Reserve-players will not suffer a penalty for not showing up without posting here, but are still recommended to do so if possible.​

Rules
  • Only weapons, armor, and enchants that are or have been obtainable by unlinked Starter-accounts are allowed (meaning no Guild-Heirlooms).
  • No usable items such as toys, potions, elixirs, food that gives buffs, and so on. Bandages are the exception to this rule and can be used if they are of Mageweave or lower quality.
  • Only Guardian Druids signed up as the FC and Restoration Druids can use Ferocious Bite.

Class and Specialization Restrictions
  • No more than two players of the same class on the same team.
  • No Feral Druids.
  • No more than one Arms Warrior, one Balance Druid, and one Monk DPS per team.
  • Any player who is specialized (talented) for healing must be listed as that role (meaning, for example, no Restoration Druid DPS', FCs, etc.).

A player might get dropped for a player of another class or specialization in order to foster diversity. I will for example try not to place two Discipline Priests on the same team (so sign up as Holy if there already is a Discipline Priest in your faction's roster!).

Exceptions can be made if we're low on players. Getting a full 10v10 wargame is the top priority.​

The rules and restrictions are subject to change. Feel free to come with suggestions.

How To Sign Up
To sign up you simply have to reply to this thread with a comment following a format similar to this one:

Character Name - Role (can be more than one) - Specialization (can be more than one) - Realm & Faction
Pleya - DPS - Frost Mage - Magtheridon Alliance
Pleya - DPS - Frost Mage - Aggramar Horde

Please note that you MUST include a link to the armory-page of each character signed up.

You can and are encouraged to specify which class or specialization you would prefer playing.
You can sign up as many characters as you want, just make sure that they are well geared.
You can sign other people up.

Roster
AllianceNameSpec & ClassHordeNameSpec & Class
FCFCBadpakGuardian Druid
HealerLankypussDiscipline PriestHealerQuickhealzRestoration Shaman
HealerAlbinoCowRestoration DruidHealer
HealerHealer
DPSGoesidBalance DruidDPSPLEYAFrost Mage
DPSCripzBloodSurvival HunterDPSGotthaSurvival Hunter
DPSLennywArms WarriorDPSReplayhSurvival Hunter
DPSDoumatjeeSurvival HunterDPS
DPSDPS
DPSDPS

Reserves
AllianceNameSpec & ClassHordeNameSpec & Class
HealerMarensMultiple CharactersDPSLeverageMultiple Characters
HealerLeverageDiscipline PriestDPSWazigArms/Fury Warrior
Healer/DPSparanoiMultiple CharactersHealer/DPSparanoiMultiple Characters

Last edited by a moderator:
Because alliance have a BM monk, Arms and a balance druid signed up, i'd happily play my monk as WW or play mage

[MENTION=14809]Lankypuss[/MENTION]

Thanks, I changed your spec to WW for now. Might list you as a Mage later.

[MENTION=20229]Wazig[/MENTION]

Thanks, I don't have signatures enabled because it clutters up the website so much, that's why I need links inside the replies. :)

Users who are viewing this thread