20s Dragonflight enchants

I started f2p late last year and stopped at Christmas. I'm just coming back now and I was wondering is it worth disenchanting my current gear to get enough chaos crystals to put Satyr on something? I have blue socket gear to replace it, but no gems yet.

Or will everything I can get post launch replace everything I can get now?

I'd keep your current set for a while. With enchants & everything. Ya just never know if things might change, during periods like this!
But as it is now, all of it, except Chest+legs for x6 gemslots will most definetly be replaced with WoD dungeon-epics(with or without Terts+gem proc)
[doublepost=1667051108,1667050972][/doublepost]
If one has some socket gear but didn’t socket them with WOTLK 2/2 or 3 stat gems yet, would they still be able to do so after the ilvl changes?

Yes. The main issue is with enchants alone, since they have an item level cap.
No gems have that! So pre-enchanting your new gear should definetly be the main focus before 15th November

Yo, has anyone taken into consideration that the enchants might not work of the items get scaled? Can some1 do a test on beta and see if they remain active despite the ilvl cap?

I have beta, and have been testing somewhat intricately. Wouldn't have made a post if I couldn't give actual data.

Tested several weapon procs and enchant-slots with different enchants. And I have seen the stat-difference with my own eyes. I can post a few screenshots in the coming days, if my word isn't enough to go on. But for now, I'm getting rdy for Halloween party. So it'll have to wait >B^)

would they still be able to do so after the ilvl changes

Gems just have a minimum ilvl requirement, not a maximum.

On the beta you can use the ilvl 38 required gems when the gear goes up... I'm still sheepish that that stuff wont simply adjust with the gear ilvl increase, but so far it looks like it should all be good except some gear may get too high for some enchants.

On anything I copied over that had empty sockets, i dropped in 2/2 TBC gems into the empty slots if i had them.

see if they remain active despite the ilvl cap?

Yeah, as Baked said they appear to be fine... i really didnt check the math. I'll see if I have any unenchanted duplicates and verify it the easy way. I dont really ever look at the numbers anymore, just the ilvl/rarity.

edit- short answer, yes they still work.

Last edited:
I have beta, and have been testing somewhat intricately. Wouldn't have made a post if I couldn't give actual data.

Tested several weapon procs and enchant-slots with different enchants. And I have seen the stat-difference with my own eyes. I can post a few screenshots in the coming days, if my word isn't enough to go on. But for now, I'm getting rdy for Halloween party. So it'll have to wait >B^)
Thank you for confirmation.

I'd keep your current set for a while. With enchants & everything. Ya just never know if things might change, during periods like this!
But as it is now, all of it, except Chest+legs for x6 gemslots will most definetly be replaced with WoD dungeon-epics(with or without Terts+gem proc)
Wait so the chest/leg pieces with 3 gem slots each will still be BiS after the 15th if nothing changes from now? So we don't need chest/legs from WoD to proc epic? Or in the case we do get epic WoD procs those would replace the 3 gem-slot rares from BC dungeons? Could you just specify a little bit. I probably won't even get a full set of WoD epics, but I'd like to know in case I find the time to get a full set.

edit - Just confirming that EVERY other slot will be replaced by WoD epics regardless of tert/socket proc? So BiS next xpac is based on RNG in WoD dungeons until the 15th (assuming nothing changes)?

Wait so the chest/leg pieces with 3 gem slots each will still be BiS after the 15th if nothing changes from now? So we don't need chest/legs from WoD to proc epic? Or in the case we do get epic WoD procs those would replace the 3 gem-slot rares from BC dungeons? Could you just specify a little bit. I probably won't even get a full set of WoD epics, but I'd like to know in case I find the time to get a full set.

edit - Just confirming that EVERY other slot will be replaced by WoD epics regardless of tert/socket proc? So BiS next xpac is based on RNG in WoD dungeons until the 15th (assuming nothing changes)?

Yes, BiS next Xpac is based off of RNG in WoD Dungeons. Unless you can get your hands on other epics, wich is more or less likely for some classes/specs.
The Chest and legs (Maybe head too for some?) from TBC will do fine! Wether it's better or not, will just depend on your off-stat setup and build.

Just confirming that EVERY other slot will be replaced by WoD epics

Rings can probably be farmed after, I think the best enchant requires them to be higher ilvl than we can use right now.

Plus you gotta figure out if you want main stat rings or full secondary rings, and which is better for your particular toon. I think usually the rings heavy on the secondaries are, but not sure exactly how the extra scaling of the main stat rings as epic will compare.... and currently I dont think there are any epic dungeon-drop rings without main stat, so that might matter.

Rings can probably be farmed after, I think the best enchant requires them to be higher ilvl than we can use right now.

Plus you gotta figure out if you want main stat rings or full secondary rings, and which is better for your particular toon. I think usually the rings heavy on the secondaries are, but not sure exactly how the extra scaling of the main stat rings as epic will compare.... and currently I dont think there are any epic dungeon-drop rings without main stat, so that might matter.

If you read the OP you'd know the answer to ring-enchants.

the Pure versatilty blue Rings/necklaces outdoes the Epic WoD ones in terms of direct ouput

Whats the alchemist flask giving on beta/PTR?

Was gonna log in and check that before I answered. But the beta-client is bugging out atm, for some reason.
Will get back to you on that!

If you read the OP you'd know the answer to ring-enchants.

the Pure versatilty blue Rings/necklaces outdoes the Epic WoD ones in terms of direct ouput
Wait so the neck/rings that are pure versatility secondary stats are the BiS rings? Like Armsmaster's Sealed Locket and Electrocutioner Lagnut?

Also, how is Book of the Dead in ptr rn? It's a purple offhand from Stratholme, just wondering if that is gonna be a good option and if it will be farmable after the patch?

Wait so the neck/rings that are pure versatility secondary stats are the BiS rings? Like Armsmaster's Sealed Locket and Electrocutioner Lagnut?

THere hasn't been any clear BiS for any item slot since BFA. And higher direct output doesn't mean better. It depends on what build you run with.

But yes, for direct output they are stronger

Asking for a lazy friend, are the WoD epics GF'd after Tuesday Nov. 15th with Phase 2, or only on release of DF at the end of the month? Also, with enchanting those epics, will they be enchantable at all after the change? Or do we have to enchant beforehand because of ilvl change only for bis enchants?

You will still be able to get Warforged gear after launch unless I missed something.
However you will not be able to enchant it due to enchants not working for gear of an item level superior to 50/60 (depending on the expansion). Only BFA enchants (and perhaps SL if someone can confirm) should work after the ilvl changes thus only ring and some weapon enchants.

You will still be able to get Warforged gear after launch unless I missed something.
However you will not be able to enchant it due to enchants not working for gear of an item level superior to 50/60 (depending on the expansion). Only BFA enchants (and perhaps SL if someone can confirm) should work after the ilvl changes thus only ring and some weapon enchants.
When does the change take place for ilvl and therefore the date which we need to enchant our gear by? Is it Tuesday?

Users who are viewing this thread