2020 Classic 19 Twink Cup

MYT

Legend
A few of us have been putting discussing the idea of a 2020 classic 19 Twink Cup with cash prizes. We're now making it official. I'll fund the prize pool $1,000 US and hopefully we'll see more donations as well to make it memorable. This is a US tournament but EU teams are welcome. Details below:

Timeline: The tournament will occur over several days in July or August 2020 - we'll come up with the date soon. Please post if certain dates are bad for a team for consideration. This allows time to create a team on each faction (see below)
Prize: 100% of the prize pool will be paid out to teams. 75% will go to first place and 25% to second place.
Entrance fee: EDIT - if there is a fee it will be nominal.
Factions: Unlike retail, teams on the same faction cannot play each other in classic. To work around this, we'll ask all teams to have both an alliance and horde teams. During the round robin, there will be a random process for who gets to pick faction.
Format: There will be a round robin followed by a bracketed tournament based on round robin seeding. Due to the length of games in classic, the only time there will be a best of series is the semi finals and the finals (semi being winner of the winner's bracket - finals being that team vs winner of loser's bracket) and that will be a best of 3. Higher seed will get first pick in first game - then loser picks faction. In the final, the winner of the winner's bracket will pick first.
Rules: In general, the idea is to have very few rules. A few details below:

- There will be NO restrictions on the number of classes/specs per team. If you think you can stack a class and win, give it a try. (spoiler: you can't, although sometimes 3 of a class is viable)
- There may be some limits on outside buffs. It won't be limited to 19's spellbooks, but some game breaking buffs will be disallowed.
- Safe spotting will not be allowed, but other jumps will be. We'll develop more specifics on this later.
- Consumables - most consumables WILL be allowed. Magic dust will not. We will finalize rules on this in the near future.
- Exploiting (lag hacking, ddos, etc) will result in instant-kick from the tournament.
- Am open to the idea of a council of various people to address controversial issues. However; there will not be a restrictive rule set such as retail. The plan is to see whose best as close as possible to "whatever the game allows" as possible.
- Signups - a process for signing up will be created soon.

Last edited:
haha no

Free to start your own bud - but the rest of us aren't going to adopt a rule set because your team says so. No offense to you personally as you're a good guy, but if your team refuses to play everyone will know why - because you can only win at a midfight and you can't win playing a midfight against teams that won't.

Free to start your own bud - but the rest of us aren't going to adopt a rule set because your team says so. No offense to you personally as you're a good guy, but if your team refuses to play everyone will know why - because you can only win at a midfight and you can't win playing a midfight against teams that won't.
I hope you brush your teeth after every time you talk, all you do is spew shit.

you cant have a tournament until a spectator addon is available

rules arent set in place to force a mid fight, they're there to promote fun games without obnoxious 8x of one class that doesnt prove any form of skill

hb's team isnt a mid only team, just look at tc 2018 to see that when lsn stomped hb's mid and they had to run a diff strategy, you're clearly salty about something in the past just let it go

classic isnt and never will be a version of wow that's great for spectators, it's too slow boring and too forgiving and laden with RNG.

you'd need to impose a timer on games because looking at pizza in skill ratio he'll have no problem turtling until he wins which in classic can be an infinite amount of time

this thread just doesnt seem to be thought through, just looks like an attempt to mask a flame at teams that prefer a ruleset in premade settings rather than a serious attempt at making a tournament

if legion couldnt get a twink cup going when it's objectively 50000x better than classic for 19s, this either stands no chance or im gonna lose faith in the human race.

you cant have a tournament until a spectator addon is available

rules arent set in place to force a mid fight, they're there to promote fun games without obnoxious 8x of one class that doesnt prove any form of skill

hb's team isnt a mid only team, just look at tc 2018 to see that when lsn stomped hb's mid and they had to run a diff strategy, you're clearly salty about something in the past just let it go

classic isnt and never will be a version of wow that's great for spectators, it's too slow boring and too forgiving and laden with RNG.

you'd need to impose a timer on games because looking at pizza in skill ratio he'll have no problem turtling until he wins which in classic can be an infinite amount of time

this thread just doesnt seem to be thought through, just looks like an attempt to mask a flame at teams that prefer a ruleset in premade settings rather than a serious attempt at making a tournament

if legion couldnt get a twink cup going when it's objectively 50000x better than classic for 19s, this either stands no chance or im gonna lose faith in the human race.

There may be some items that need rethinking, but class restrictions aren't one of them. 8 of a class would lose every time in classic. Sucks not having an add-on but maybe there will be one by next year's tourney - for now people can watch streams (which have a lag anyways)
[doublepost=1577935267,1577935146][/doublepost]
dont tell me this myt guy is from dominante looooooooooooooool oh no no no pepelaugh
No but my team dominated vanilla/tbc and went undefeated like 2 years, which is more than FTP that thinks they're good can say. :)
Dominate will do a hell of a lot better in this tourney than you FYI - I'd happily bet on that.

There may be some items that need rethinking, but class restrictions aren't one of them. 8 of a class would lose every time in classic. Sucks not having an add-on but maybe there will be one by next year's tourney - for now people can watch streams (which have a lag anyways)
[doublepost=1577935267,1577935146][/doublepost]
No but my team dominated vanilla/tbc and went undefeated like 2 years, which is more than FTP that thinks they're good can say. :)
Dominate will do a hell of a lot better in this tourney than you FYI - I'd happily bet on that.

fuck the police? what is FTP?

A "season" themed competition might be better to build momentum and interest from other guilds. I feel like a full blown tournament involves lots of logistics that the bracket currently isn't ready for just yet.

Ex:
- 6 teams, 3 from each faction
- Play x number of matches within a month where a win is 3 points, tie after 1 hour is 1 point, and loss is 0 points
- Each guild has to play each other x matches min/maximum
- If a guild dodges/no shows a premade, -3 points for no show and +3 for their opponent
- At end of the month, the two guilds from each faction with the most points does a best of 3 series and then that guild wins the "season"
- consumable rules etc...
- composition rules etc...
- safe spotting rules etc...

Alliance:
No Hard Feelings
be tough no excuses
Scooter Engine Repair

Horde:
HAVOC
Redridge Menance
Another horde guild w/10

Just spitballing here... could even just have a cross q of people for last horde guild is there isn't another guild ready for 10v10 premades

we've played quite a few 10 mans so far in vanilla vs teams and i dont think many of them have had mid fights past the initial one, vanilla doesnt really allow for because of the pace of games, so i think you're being a a bit paranoid thinking our team is "twisting rules to promote mid fights" , the only consume ppl in my guild are against is speed pots because they're a crutch for bad positioning

A "season" themed competition might be better to build momentum and interest from other guilds. I feel like a full blown tournament involves lots of logistics that the bracket currently isn't ready for just yet.

Ex:
- 6 teams, 3 from each faction
- Play x number of matches within a month where a win is 3 points, tie after 1 hour is 1 point, and loss is 0 points
- Each guild has to play each other x matches min/maximum
- If a guild dodges/no shows a premade, -3 points for no show and +3 for their opponent
- At end of the month, the two guilds from each faction with the most points does a best of 3 series and then that guild wins the "season"
- consumable rules etc...
- composition rules etc...
- safe spotting rules etc...

Alliance:
No Hard Feelings
be tough no excuses
Scooter Engine Repair

Horde:
HAVOC
Redridge Menance
Another horde guild w/10

Just spitballing here... could even just have a cross q of people for last horde guild is there isn't another guild ready for 10v10 premades
A league is a good idea! Just hoping there can be a tourney too, that's why I posted it for 8 months out.

Users who are viewing this thread