best/top-tier shamans in wargames

Anonymous

Are there any decent shamans right now?

I tuned into some wargame streams and I mostly see phron and antility; how do they compare with other inactive/past top tier shamans? Should I be trying to copy/learn from them?

A few questions as well...

1) In wargames what should a shaman be mainly trying to shear e.g dmg (bolts/arcane blast) or cc (sheeps/fear) aside from ray? (ik its situational but most of the time)

2) Are there any useful goblin jumps like the one from the bonfire thing to tot that aren't illegal in wargames?

3) What is the general consensus about horde racials from good shamans?

General questions

1) I tune into some wargame streams sometimes and I see mvq doing the jump from bottom of gy to near top of gy a lot of times. I take it that jump is not illegal then? Are there any similar jumps like that on horde side apart from the one on the right hand side of tunnel.

thanks

i don't believe you should try to copy anybody, i guess what i'd say is match their gameplay if you're able to then improve on their shortcomings, which most people tend to have - best way by far to improve is to play in competitive games - the skill floor required to get into the wargaming scene rn is relatively low, if you don't have it, here's the communal 19 wargames discord https://discord.gg/D56wSTG

rasmus aka partygirl imo is a better shaman, quite probable that repulsed is too

shearing can obviously be braindead or complex depending on how aware you are of the game around you - this is the tip of the iceberg but i'll try note down a couple things;
if a teammate is getting focused and you see bolts coming in with potential to kill, shear bolt,
if they're trying to push and polymorphing someone dangerously far up, shear poly,
if their mage is pushed up and casting with blink they may be overextending because they're expecting to be able to blink out, team focus them & shear cast so they can't blink for 3s,
if your team is making a good switch and you think there's a good chance of a kill, run in and shear their best priest,
if nothing is really happening just shear what you see fit, if you're able to safely shear priests it's always good for general pressure if you aren't needed to shear damage,
as for shearing defensively, when the fcs getting pushed it's so situational it's difficult to really say anything but if there's no other cc for ray you should probably keep it for ray, otherwise bolts/necessary polys

there's like 100 jumps all over the map eh

when you consider a shamans role specifically in wargames i wouldn't run anything but goblin, however i have a personal style of play where that is the case, you can keep in mind partygirl was troll and repulsed was tauren

regarding last question that jump is illegal so you must have been viewing mvq in a random battleground

[edit: woops for some reason i assumed you meant literally jumping up gy no the thing you're talking about isn't illegal]

Last edited:
i don't believe you should try to copy anybody, i guess what i'd say is match their gameplay if you're able to then improve on their shortcomings, which most people tend to have - best way by far to improve is to play in competitive games - the skill floor required to get into the wargaming scene rn is relatively low, if you don't have it, here's the communal 19 wargames discord https://discord.gg/D56wSTG

rasmus aka partygirl imo is a better shaman, quite probable that repulsed is too

shearing can obviously be braindead or complex depending on how aware you are of the game around you - this is the tip of the iceberg but i'll try note down a couple things;
if a teammate is getting focused and you see bolts coming in with potential to kill, shear bolt,
if they're trying to push and polymorphing someone dangerously far up, shear poly,
if their mage is pushed up and casting with blink they may be overextending because they're expecting to be able to blink out, team focus them & shear cast so they can't blink for 3s,
if your team is making a good switch and you think there's a good chance of a kill, run in and shear their best priest,
if nothing is really happening just shear what you see fit, if you're able to safely shear priests it's always good for general pressure if you aren't needed to shear damage,
as for shearing defensively, when the fcs getting pushed it's so situational it's difficult to really say anything but if there's no other cc for ray you should probably keep it for ray, otherwise bolts/necessary polys

there's like 100 jumps all over the map eh

when you consider a shamans role specifically in wargames i wouldn't run anything but goblin, however i have a personal style of play where that is the case, you can keep in mind partygirl was troll and repulsed was tauren

regarding last question that jump is illegal so you must have been viewing mvq in a random battleground

That jump isn't illegal (yet)

Two shamans walk into a bar. One is enhancement other is resto. Enh takes a sip and leaves.

Enh>resto>ele

1) shear bolts/sheeps, These are the only spells worth shearing rly unless an enemy healer plays far up so u can shear heals. If the enemy team has both a mage and a lock always shear the one that is the most pushed up so u dont have to overextend to shear something and potentially get swapped to.

2) goblin jump is mostly useful for getting urself to a better position if caught in a bad spot, dont rly worry about using it to for example get on tot since its rarely usefull in premades.

3) goblin is Probably BiS but tauren is good too with the extra health and self peel with stomp. Troll is alright, berserking feels nice in hectic mid fights. Panda isnt half bad either BC of the incap u can stop cc or peel for urself/someone else.

idc what any1 says phron is leagues above any other actively playing shaman

after having watched/played every wargame in legion the differences i've seen is (in order of importance)

he is the most vocal shaman actively playing, doesn't need explaining its obvious why being more vocal improves teamplay

he is always in a position to support his fc when the enemy team has people on d, the fc who calls for a shaman to support never has to wait or delay the pick while waiting for shaman because phron is already on his way, he's already read how the game is playing out and knows what needs to happen before they call for it.

none of his shears are wasted - i've been using the Details! addon for the last 5-6 games ive been in and ive been studying every available meter and ive noticed on the interrupts meter hes always averaging 25 interrupts compared to other shamans ranging from 8-14, but that's not all, looking at what's being interrupted he's interrupting 2x more bolts, 2x more polymorphs whereas the other shamans are interrupting anything, including things that should be ignored like immolate

then there's the small things like being 20% higher on healing done and damage done compared to other shamans, always being the one to get repicks off dying fcs, well placed earthbinds to keep overextended players extended for longer.

tl;dr - be more like this kid phron

idc what any1 says phron is leagues above any other actively playing shaman

after having watched/played every wargame in legion the differences i've seen is (in order of importance)

he is the most vocal shaman actively playing, doesn't need explaining its obvious why being more vocal improves teamplay

he is always in a position to support his fc when the enemy team has people on d, the fc who calls for a shaman to support never has to wait or delay the pick while waiting for shaman because phron is already on his way, he's already read how the game is playing out and knows what needs to happen before they call for it.

none of his shears are wasted - i've been using the Details! addon for the last 5-6 games ive been in and ive been studying every available meter and ive noticed on the interrupts meter hes always averaging 25 interrupts compared to other shamans ranging from 8-14, but that's not all, looking at what's being interrupted he's interrupting 2x more bolts, 2x more polymorphs whereas the other shamans are interrupting anything, including things that should be ignored like immolate

then there's the small things like being 20% higher on healing done and damage done compared to other shamans, always being the one to get repicks off dying fcs, well placed earthbinds to keep overextended players extended for longer.

tl;dr - be more like this kid phron

Lol everything you just said partygirl does it better, so stop baiting and ass licking.

:rage: drugs are bad :rage:

Just a basic search “a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body”. Marijuana is gifted from Earth, so I’m kinda confused why you quoted me. But yes man made drugs are bad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread