20 WW Monk

Dcm

idc
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/argent-dawn/Dcms

I'm trying to update my WW gear, and I need a bit of help.

Since I spent most of my time getting invasion gear on my paladin, what I have equipped is all the TF/WF stuff I have (except for pants, but those were only ilvl 27).

Weapons? I forgot the impact of weapon damage on monks, but I know the axe I'm using right now has more topend than Talwar, so should I only use 1 Talwar? Or 2?

Also, I only have 1 of those argus rings :/

Other than that, I am open to other suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Sorry to slightly derail the topic of the thread; but how do you like WW in BGs?
No worries! And it's okay, off heals are significantly worse than that of shaman or paladin in dps spec, damage is okay (comparable to ret paladin damage) and mobility is really good.

If I'm against a super faceroll premade though it's almost impossible to do damage.

I also neglected my Monk during the Invasions :(
I run double Talwar’s for the procs.
I also put my ROP in the bank and replaced it with a blue bg ring for extra Stam.
U seem to have more of the glass cannon feel, I’d probably drop some Ag for extra Stam, but that’s just me.
WW feels a bit lacking at 20 imo. Sure, if u get hold of someone with fists u can put out some hurt, but it lacks in sustained fights. Also the heal....... aaarrgghhh, they need to buff it or something!
But overall, nice Monk ;)

Monks now actually care about weapon damage, so I'd do invasion mainhand / talwar offhand. Double talwar isn't bad with the procs either. Not sure which is better, but both are good.

Shoulders I might go with heirloom + enchant.
Bracers you'll want some with verse. Eventually BG crate ones. 3AP or 2 stats...dunno how the scaling works for 20->29
Gloves are good. May want to switch to agility, but not sure theres much of a diff
Belt is good.
Legs are good.
Boots are good. You can optionally go with 2agi + speed enchant (extra agi, but won't stack with other movespeed)
Argas ring is good. Replace the second ring with a BG crate one (or dungeon ring).

I also neglected my Monk during the Invasions :(
I run double Talwar’s for the procs.
I also put my ROP in the bank and replaced it with a blue bg ring for extra Stam.
U seem to have more of the glass cannon feel, I’d probably drop some Ag for extra Stam, but that’s just me.
WW feels a bit lacking at 20 imo. Sure, if u get hold of someone with fists u can put out some hurt, but it lacks in sustained fights. Also the heal....... aaarrgghhh, they need to buff it or something!
But overall, nice Monk ;)

Thanks! And I agree, I miss the golden days of mop WW, with the FoF stun and serpent kick with insane damage. I made it back in the day and was nearly BiS besides defias boots. Invasion kinda ruined that for me though because I wanted to put more of my effort into my paladin. :(

Monks now actually care about weapon damage, so I'd do invasion mainhand / talwar offhand. Double talwar isn't bad with the procs either. Not sure which is better, but both are good.

Shoulders I might go with heirloom + enchant.
Bracers you'll want some with verse. Eventually BG crate ones. 3AP or 2 stats...dunno how the scaling works for 20->29
Gloves are good. May want to switch to agility, but not sure theres much of a diff
Belt is good.
Legs are good.
Boots are good. You can optionally go with 2agi + speed enchant (extra agi, but won't stack with other movespeed)
Argas ring is good. Replace the second ring with a BG crate one (or dungeon ring).

Thanks for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread