20 Twinking is really bad.

Krittykreme

Gummibear (HPala) / Caffine (Mage)
Rant:

Legion gear has ruined this bracket.

As an off and on twink from BC on, this bracket is full of AH twinks in broken legion gear and most are pretty bad at the game.

Not mentioning names from these "top gear lists" but ffs some of you it takes little effort to juke or terrain, but it still doesnt matter because your gear is so fkn broken.

Is pure Ftp even viable anymore? Feels like its not.

Lazy twinking.

wut
my F2P warrior is better geared than my vet...
*bfa greens

Link your warrior.

Im not blaming anyone who would buy a full twink off the AH. Have fun however you want, but Im just saying that gear has ruined the bracket. Its not close to being fun anymore. So many bad twinks running around imba'd off the AH.

How long did it take to farm that BFA gear on ftp?

My point is twinking is cool because of the amount of work it takes to be BiS plus at one time there was a lot of skill in the bracket.

BFA is just build a bear BiS twinking for every slot and the bracket is garbage now.

The gear should go. Not that it will. But it should.
[doublepost=1641500150,1641499953][/doublepost]
Its a shitfest because of hunters, crusader right now and other bs, gear is not a problem for most specs.

Nobody is trying to play many fun specs because fotm just deletes them and you cant compete. Its a sad state with no end in sight
It is a shitfest in 20s. Its the broken of broken in all my years of twinking. Even worse than Enti sword warriors in WotLK.

How long did it take to farm that BFA gear on ftp?
well over 150,000 kills. The ring alone was something like 50 hours? I cried.

It is a shitfest in 20s.
agreed. But it has nothing to do with the ease of gearing (easy for vets, excruciating for f2p) or the power of that gear (not much). If your argument is that the ease of gearing has perhaps attracted a high number of relatively untalented players to a bracket that allows them to pick on levelers well, then I gotta ask what you think the whole entire history of twinking has been?

well over 150,000 kills. The ring alone was something like 50 hours? I cried.

agreed. But it has nothing to do with the ease of gearing (easy for vets, excruciating for f2p) or the power of that gear (not much). If your argument is that the ease of gearing has perhaps attracted a high number of relatively untalented players to a bracket that allows them to pick on levelers well, then I gotta ask what you think the whole entire history of twinking has been?

I guess thats my point though.

You put so much effort into that, you should be imbalanced. Effort deserves reward. That effort now is rewarded by still being less powerful than some dude who bought 2 tokens and built his off the AH.

It would also mean that very few games would have broken toons running around unkillable. Now its every single game there are BiS broken classes.

The bracket is trash and thats just real talk and not salt.

Where is twinking good at right now?

I thought about resubbing to BC if there is an active community. BC had really good balance for twinks. Nearly every class was viable even though many class got pigeonholed to a particular role like dispel priests/fear locks/spamstring war. Also the speed of 19s was optimal stam to dps.

The gear isn’t that much of an advantage. I think it’s good for this bracket because we have more things to do/farm/create new builds. If Hunters had Ranks for there abilities like every other class and Sader was fixed. I’d say this would be the best state this bracket ever been

That effort now is rewarded by still being less powerful than some dude who bought 2 tokens and built his off the AH.
Less powerful than a vet? Naw. Like I said in my first post, my F2P is better geared than my vet. She's better geared than A LOT of vets. like 90% of the people you see twinking can't even be assed to pick up socket rings. Most twinks you run into in BGs are pretty "meh" geared.

Its a specific class and a specific enchant that breaks the bracket right now, not the gear. Blaming the gear (that you acknowledge everyone has easy access to) kinda flies in the face of your "real talk, no salt".

Where is twinking good at right now?
Organized pvp at 20 is the best the brackets ever been

The gear isn't the issue, its the toolkits for certain classes (basically just hunters in general) and the massive amount of people in the community that play them. Furthermore, besides a few specs/armor slots, generally the BC dungeon gear is the best because of all the extra gem slots (which is essentially free, just requires time and effort).

I've played since vanilla, and besides hunter spam or running into premades with bad teams, its honestly more fun than I've had in other xpacs. Individual skill still shines through and you can still feel the difference between someone that knows what they're doing and someone that doesn't.

Less powerful than a vet? Naw. Like I said in my first post, my F2P is better geared than my vet. She's better geared than A LOT of vets. like 90% of the people you see twinking can't even be assed to pick up socket rings. Most twinks you run into in BGs are pretty "meh" geared.

Its a specific class and a specific enchant that breaks the bracket right now, not the gear. Blaming the gear (that you acknowledge everyone has easy access to) kinda flies in the face of your "real talk, no salt".

Organized pvp at 20 is the best the brackets ever been

"Blaming the gear (that you acknowledge everyone has easy access to) kinda flies in the face of your "real talk, no salt"."

Um yeah build a bear AH twinking and having the BiS w/o any effort should make anyone salty. It should take effort to be BiS. While there have always been a couple of pieces on the AH bis, never could you just AH your way to success.

Thats why there are so many dead brain mongoloids in the bracket. Making a toon w/ 0 effort and winning attracts the not so bright. Winning is only fun if it takes effort if you are a normal person.

Also if this is the best the brackets been, then god Id hate to have seen it when it was bad. Old school vanilla/bc was way better. Even the introduction of BoA in wotlk was better because you still had to at least grind the gear and only certain peices beat blues like the weapons.

Hunter is the only issue, even the crusader carry kids are not that important since its just a kite pile.

The skill cap on hunter right now is almost zero. The difference between a tier 1 guy and a tier 2 with the same gear is pretty much unnoticeable, when that happens you get the current shit show. And yes you can just buy yours from the AH, that is why there are so many. No Contest and Swim stand out, just because when the are in the BG most of the other hunters are just getting a free class in hunter school... but even then... the damage is so high WHO GIVES A FUCK what skill level they have or don't have... again, just i28s with some easy grab BG bumble fuck... perfect storm.

Hopefully in a little bit, that all goes away and we get a totally different system. I don't care what old school nerd says what... right now hunters are essentially just close to a 1 shot for anybody that does not have a bubble, Swim or name your random hunter, just harpoons in and globals you... its just math. That may not be a 1 shot, but its pretty close... or you just take an 1800 aimed shot even with 30% versatility... both require zero skill.

And again its the same thing... what you are really complaining about is you can't wrap your head around why somebody joins a BG over and over and over and plays the most broken shit... its because they are shitty/name your mental disorder.. end of story... but, them you come on here and want a different answer... and all you find is people defending that stupid shit... I get it... you are pissed... it's called jumping off of your roof onto your head and wrapping it up.

Last edited:
"Blaming the gear (that you acknowledge everyone has easy access to) kinda flies in the face of your "real talk, no salt"."

Um yeah build a bear AH twinking and having the BiS w/o any effort should make anyone salty. It should take effort to be BiS. While there have always been a couple of pieces on the AH bis, never could you just AH your way to success.

Thats why there are so many dead brain mongoloids in the bracket. Making a toon w/ 0 effort and winning attracts the not so bright. Winning is only fun if it takes effort if you are a normal person.

Also if this is the best the brackets been, then god Id hate to have seen it when it was bad. Old school vanilla/bc was way better. Even the introduction of BoA in wotlk was better because you still had to at least grind the gear and only certain peices beat blues like the weapons.
youre just really having a hard time with understanding what Im saying. there's a lot here thats wrong, soaked in rose colored nostalgia, and just missing the point.

So yea man. Its a gear problem. youre 100% right, its just access to the ah and nothing else at all that makes random BGs pretty bad.

COPIUM

It's important that we have the forums to vent. 99% vent, 1% useful information.

Users who are viewing this thread