EU+US 20 or 29 in Battle for Azeroth?

Razz

Veteran
Hello.

So the big question is. Will 20s still viable in BfA or will 29 just generaly be better over all? Can some 1 who tested this out enlighten me? :D

This has to be the most autistic question in xpoff history

29 will always be better overall than 20 in any expansion, I don’t know why it wouldn’t be

Sry my bad! Guess what im asking is will F2P 20 still be viable in BfA as it is now in legion?

Sry my bad! Guess what im asking is will F2P 20 still be viable in BfA as it is now in legion?
if by viable you mean dogshit in comparison to p2p, then yes

Reactions: MYT

29 will always be better overall than 20 in any expansion, I don’t know why it wouldn’t be
going to test this across my characters on ptr

for wpvp/duels, p2p/vet 20 could actually be better than 29 for rogue unless you have scaled bvbs or gf'd chants as a 29. otherwise, there isn't enough agi disparity (and being 9 lvls higher, w/ wpvp scaling being lvl-dependent, stats will be in 20s' favor) due to suffix removal on gnomer rings/wrists
this is assuming 20/29 w/ non-gf'd chants, i'll be unequipping 12 agi parachute to test things
but yeah, gf'd 29s (or even 19s) > 20s. but with only currently-obtainable gear/chants? 20s could have the edge in wpvp scaling
21s with 2x old version of bvb (9 agi on ptr, which is potentially enough agi to justify the 1 lvl increase from 20 -- highest agi 1hand i've seen as 20 is 6agi, sfang / deadly bronze poniard) will also be solid

however, for ipvp: if 29s remain the only lvl that can enter bgs with buffs, things will 100% be in their favor due to spore buff + others. it'll also depend on the ipvp template, as mentioned above
f2p have nothing going in their favor rn unless current ipvp scaling is maintained (even w/ legion scaling they're at a massive disadvantage, though), which is unlikely

Last edited:
going to test this across my characters on ptr

for wpvp/duels, p2p/vet 20 could actually be better than 29 for rogue unless you have scaled bvbs or gf'd chants as a 29. otherwise, there isn't enough agi disparity (and being 9 lvls higher, w/ wpvp scaling being lvl-dependent, stats will be in 20s' favor) due to suffix removal on gnomer rings/wrists
this is assuming 20/29 w/ non-gf'd chants, i'll be unequipping 12 agi parachute to test things
but yeah, gf'd 29s (or even 19s) > 20s. but with only currently-obtainable gear/chants? 20s could have the edge in wpvp scaling
21s with 2x old version of bvb (9 agi on ptr, which is potentially enough agi to justify the 1 lvl increase from 20 -- highest agi 1hand i've seen as 20 is 6agi, sfang / deadly bronze poniard) will also be solid

however, for ipvp: if 29s remain the only lvl that can enter bgs with buffs, things will 100% be in their favor due to spore buff + others. it'll also depend on the ipvp template, as mentioned above
f2p have nothing going in their favor rn unless current ipvp scaling is maintained (even w/ legion scaling they're at a massive disadvantage, though), which is unlikely
As long as you understand 29 rets art of war and 20s don’t which is game changer

As long as you understand 29 rets art of war and 20s don’t which is game changer
true. just pointing out that there's a chance (as was the case for scaled mop p2p 20/21 vs 24s) of builds at multiple lvls being on-par for bis stats. the best option will obviously depend on one's gear (whether they have gf'd shit and at what lvl)/class/spec/playstyle preferences (if willing to sacrifice certain abilities for higher stat scaling)
basing this info on pvp/duel scaling -- not making any claims yet with regard to bfa ipvp

If chants come back into play, then unfortunately F2P’s will be disadvantaged. In terms of competitiveness, Legion has been good to F2P’s.
I’m just dreading being melted by Assis Rogues running double Ele Force....... ahhh the good old days.......:eek:

No my friend it is not autistic in any way. It is very autistic to say that question was the most autistic question in xpoff history. However, I am more autistic than you for calling you out on your autism, therefore I win.

19s for the sole reason that Light is too scared and mechanically impaired to play here. Seeing his posts on xpoff is enough exposure to his sad life and severe retardation as is. I couldn't imagine the extreme displeasure of playing BGs with or against this asinine joke of a player.

Come play 19s! :)

Last edited:
Were templates confirmed? I thought they stated they didn't want to use templates to allow for stat customization this expansion.

Nope, templates are gone. It's wod style item scaling instead and trinkets + enchants working in instance pvp. It's funny you guys still think the ptr / beta is going to drastically change with the pre-patch so close. Feel free to quote this message when templates continue to not exist. All aspects of pvp are scaling based now. wpvp, duels and bgs all scale items / levels.

Defcon at heart. Also what happend to the tactical sudoku vid?

Ugh long story short , im ashamed to who i was back then as a human being and in general have awful memories , i try to be a better person now so i removed most of the things that remind me of that era,no matter how good or awful they were.

Nope, templates are gone. It's wod style item scaling instead and trinkets + enchants working in instance pvp. It's funny you guys still think the ptr / beta is going to drastically change with the pre-patch so close. Feel free to quote this message when templates continue to not exist. All aspects of pvp are scaling based now. wpvp, duels and bgs all scale items / levels.
This seemed pretty obvious. I can see changes in the future and possibly the reintroduction of templates later on in a major content patch if feedback for the current style of play is negative but for the most part what we see on the ptr now is how the prepatch is shipping. Most of the changes that affect these lower brackets are purely from proxy and not intentional. If I were yall I would make sure to capitalize on any bugs me or others are reporting*cough**cough* satchel bags.
[doublepost=1529357832,1529357211][/doublepost]only thing I can really see happening is scaling being fixed (gemmed twinks turning into one man armies in wpvp)

Users who are viewing this thread