20 or 29 fury warrior

20 vets and F2P get pops. XP off 29s dont. You really only have one choice here.

Unless you truly believe that at some point in the future the xp-on and xp-off ques will be remerged, in which case, your choice is also obvious.

I rather would make an lvl 25 twink then a 29..
Got more value with the upcomming lvl squish in my thoughts
But both are useless atm 25 and 29

Hi just wait for classic then you can make any twink you want.

For now you have to deal with this horrible state the 20s bracket is in.

Classic will be the greatest thing to happen to twinking.

29 twinking isnt dead anymore with the macro it's bringing out the old BiS 29s and your playing with BiS f2p so Its kinda fair lol

I rather would make an lvl 25 twink then a 29..
Got more value with the upcomming lvl squish in my thoughts
But both are useless atm 25 and 29
veering a bet off topic but id be real hesitant about making any plans around the squish. We dont know exactly how itll work and there are alot of unanswered questions.

For instance, will it actually halve your level right down the middle? Or will it halve your experience and relevel you accordingly? In other words, will 19s become 9s? Or will some 19s become 8s, some 9s and some 10s? depending on total xp accumulation?

What will the brackets be? 5-9, 10-14, 15-20? That makes sense, but I could also see them being 5-10, 11-15, 16-20. Or worse, will they start at lvl 10 still and will they still be in 10 lvl increments? I dont think so but who knows with blizzard.

We can make some educated guesses but we dont know and making plans around that now could put you in for a lot of very pointless work.

veering a bet off topic but id be real hesitant about making any plans around the squish. We dont know exactly how itll work and there are alot of unanswered questions.

For instance, will it actually halve your level right down the middle? Or will it halve your experience and relevel you accordingly? In other words, will 19s become 9s? Or will some 19s become 8s, some 9s and some 10s? depending on total xp accumulation?

What will the brackets be? 5-9, 10-14, 15-20? That makes sense, but I could also see them being 5-10, 11-15, 16-20. Or worse, will they start at lvl 10 still and will they still be in 10 lvl increments? I dont think so but who knows with blizzard.

We can make some educated guesses but we dont know and making plans around that now could put you in for a lot of very pointless work.

i`m also curios also just wanted to point out that 29 is a shame of youre time gold atm
and was abusing this threat to loose some thought`s

what do you think? i am not worried about que times, i am sure they are going to fix them.

yah you're realllly hoping. They fixed delay for macro que even before 8.2, it's down hill from here for twinks until level squish than MAYBE we get to come back. Just wait it out till classic so you don't have to watch your time and effort ripped from you every other patch

Hey @Chops, has there been any info from Blizzard is this all speculation? Just wondering where you got the idea it was a squish by half (whether actual level or xp).

Hey @Chops, has there been any info from Blizzard is this all speculation? Just wondering where you got the idea it was a squish by half (whether actual level or xp).
They've given a couple interviews where they talked about it and their thought process is taking the current level cap and making it 60.

But you make a good point. What reason so we have to believe that halving the current level cap means EVERYONE gets halved? If they adjust it on experience earned rather than actual level, we could see a sliding scale where 120s get halved but, say, 20s end up at 5 or 6. Who knows!

They've given a couple interviews where they talked about it and their thought process is taking the current level cap and making it 60.

But you make a good point. What reason so we have to believe that halving the current level cap means EVERYONE gets halved? If they adjust it on experience earned rather than actual level, we could see a sliding scale where 120s get halved but, say, 20s end up at 5 or 6. Who knows!

Yeah, there are still far too many unknowns about their intentions or philosophy beyond that level 60 cap to make any assumptions.

Things such as:

What portion of that 1-60 journey does Blizz see classic content representing? Half , so levels 1-30? One third, so levels 1-20?

Do they still want expansions to represent what seems a 'logical' number of levels, like 5 or 10? Or are they willing to have them overlap in a similar way as they did with TBC/WotLK and Cata/Mists when they did the zone scaling?

Do they want to expand the zone scaling so there is more overlap between content? So let's say Classic runs 1-30, TBC/WotLK runs 20-35, Cata/Mists runs 30-45, WoD/Legion runs 40-55, BFA 50-60.

Maybe Classic still scales 1-60 and all other expansion content is optional? Something similar to what they did with professions.

Do they do another item level squish at the same time as the character level squish?

Like you said, what do the bracket levels look like after the the character level squish?

Also since this is a 20-29 topic, what does starter/veteran level cap end up being? I don't think it's completely unthinkable that they could leave it at 20, no matter what else they change.

It sure will be interesting!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread