US 20 fury warrior pre boa gear help/advice

Wuts

Legend
please recommend me the best gears i can get for my horde fury warrior lvl 20 f2p pre boa.

my bad, didn't mean to put lvl 19 in title.

If you're looking to do instanced pvp, just equip the highest ilvl gear you can find. As long as you have a plate piece in every slot, you'll generally be fine, as the game just gives you a base level of stats for pvp, regardless of what gear you have on. Grab the slowest weapons you can as the only thing that matters for weapons is speed. Hell, you could buy some 3.8 2handers from a vendor and be fine.

If you're looking for a solid world pvp, pve, duel sets, then its...

Head - goggles or fishing hat
neck - JC necklace
Shoulders - SFK quest reward
Cloak - Satchel reward of the soldier
Chest - Either Pythas Vest or Phantom armor (theyre the exact same)
waist - Cobrahns grasp (satchels no longer reward belts for plate)
Wrist - Bracers of the most trusted (order a pizza and settle in for the chain quest to end all chain quests)
Hands - Skeletal Gauntlets
Legs - Kalecgos gift or dividend leggings. I like crit but ymmv.
Feet - Boots of the Hero (CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE LOK'TAR IS COOKING!)
weapons - Reef Axe or Cold Iron Pick (like the chests, they're the exact same)
Rings - Silverlaines and band of argas (Demon Band if you have good loot luck)

You'll want to eventually replace the pants, bracers and rings (maybe other pieces? I've forgotten) with the blue rewards from the pvp chest reward (ilvl28). Whatever various suffixes you prefer. Me, I like versatility.

But the above will get you started until you can put together heirloom pieces.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
If you're looking to do instanced pvp, just equip the highest ilvl gear you can find. As long as you have a plate piece in every slot, you'll generally be fine, as the game just gives you a base level of stats for pvp, regardless of what gear you have on. Grab the slowest weapons you can as the only thing that matters for weapons is speed. Hell, you could buy some 3.8 2handers from a vendor and be fine.

If you're looking for a solid world pvp, pve, duel sets, then its...

Head - goggles or fishing hat
neck - JC necklace
Shoulders - SFK quest reward
Cloak - Satchel reward of the soldier
Chest - Either Pythas Vest or Phantom armor (theyre the exact same)
waist - Cobrahns grasp (satchels no longer reward belts for plate)
Wrist - Bracers of the most trusted (order a pizza and settle in for the chain quest to end all chain quests)
Legs - Kalecgos gift or dividend leggings. I like crit but ymmv.
Feet - Boots of the Hero (CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE LOK'TAR IS COOKING!)
weapons - Reef Axe or Cold Iron Pick (like the chests, they're the exact same)
Rings - Silverlaines and band of argas (Demon Band if you have good loot luck)

You'll want to eventually replace the pants, bracers and rings (maybe other pieces? I've forgotten) with the blue rewards from the pvp chest reward (ilvl28). Whatever various suffixes you prefer. Me, I like versatility.

But the above will get you started until you can put together heirloom pieces.

Best of luck.
What would you put for plate gloves?

thanks for the replies! :D my toon armory is in my signature if anybody wanted to see my progress. Otherwise hopefully will be seeing you all soon in the battlegrounds (or maybe arena) content.

What is this pvp chest reward you speak of? I Haven't been in pvp since the new expansion.

I Forgot to pickup jewelcrafting so i'm gonna have to drop my engineering for a bit to get my necklace.

Do professions no longer provide a passive?

thanks for the replies! :D my toon armory is in my signature if anybody wanted to see my progress. Otherwise hopefully will be seeing you all soon in the battlegrounds (or maybe arena) content.
Happy to help in whatever small way I can.

What is this pvp chest reward you speak of? I Haven't been in pvp since the new expansion.
After every BG, you receive a "crate of goods" and that crate has a *chance* to have gear in it. And that gear has a *chance* to be ilvl 28.

I hope someone with more experience with this gear will chime in but what I've gathered is that this crate might have legs, wrist, feet, rings and chest armor. So since item level, regardless of stats, is the only factor that matters, this ilvl 28 gear will be best in slot for new toons.

Theres three(?) different suffixes available. Crit and haste, crit and vers and haste and vers. This only matters for pve and world pvp/duels.

I Forgot to pickup jewelcrafting so i'm gonna have to drop my engineering for a bit to get my necklace.
Make both necklaces while you have it. The +3 stam one (thick bronze necklace?) and the brilliant necklace.

Do professions no longer provide a passive?
Not any more. The only benefit is consumables and, in the case of engineering, the gear.

so why does haste or crit not make a difference in pvp? Because according to noxxic - crit is better than haste for pvp warriors.

Random battleground queues are over 10 minutes long for horde side lvl 20. These are longer than when i used to twink a free to play horde character. Does alliance seem to have under 5 minute queues? This is why I haven't gotten into a bg yet.

And since these crates have leg items, should I not waste my time questing for the leg piece of gear and new bracers.

so why does haste or crit not make a difference in pvp? Because according to noxxic - crit is better than haste for pvp warriors.
Hey I edited that title to say "20" for you.

Crit/haste does matter you just can't directly impact them in instanced PvP anymore. Upon joining a BG you get a stat template with a predetermined amount of haste and crit from Blizzard. The more you increase your item level the better your stats will be, 0.1% for every item item level you go up. Gear stats don't matter at all, only item level. And the increase received is very minimal.

Now outside of BGs (dueling and wpvp) your gear stats do make a difference. Weither haste or crit is better idk. Haste will get your 2hers swinging haster and crit is going to generate more rage. I would go with a combo of both. But BAR x2 are the best weps you will find.

Thank you for this, hopefully this works. Where are these pools where u find the fish?

Thank you for this, hopefully this works. Where are these pools where u find the fish?
It's in the fish pools anywhere on darkmoon island during the darkmoon faire
It's drop rate was severely nerfed tho (I think?)

is there a plate head piece that isn't blue? but maybe a white one? and why do stats not matter in bgs?

Because you get cookie cutter stats like everyone else in battlegrounds. Crates are from wins only. The also reward weapons and spellcaster offhands. Suffixes include pure crit haste and vers.

is there a plate head piece that isn't blue? but maybe a white one? and why do stats not matter in bgs?
Yea, Blizzard decided that everyone in pvp is gonna have equal stats now. So no matter what you wear, so long as its plate, you get a set template.

As for helms, you're hosed. There's no plate helm at our level unless you wanna sub for a month and get the heirloom one. It puts us warriors at a slight disadvantage. But never fear, with any healer that has a pulse and at least one working eyeball, you're still gonna wreck shop.

Users who are viewing this thread