EU+US 1v1 tournament US+EU

Tirionjr

Veteran
So i was thinking of doing a 70 only 1v1 tournament after Spookilys 3v3 tournament. The rules are still to be determined. But comment if you would like to play or are interested.

Finding 1 person to play world of Warcraft with is hard.

Maybe the people who don't like the format could make their own? But then that would require people skills I spose...

Maybe the people who don't like the format could make their own?
I don't think anyone in this thread has said they don't like the format, only that they would prefer another.
I'll personally play in every event and tournament I can, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to advocate for the types of events and tournaments I enjoy the most :)

This is bullshit. There are so many players to choose from unless you're insanely fucking picky, and you know it
You've still got a former 2s partner, with hundreds of games worth of synergy. And then you tell the rest to reach into the barrel of randos and grab one out...and then have a tournie? is that right?

Also i'm not saying finding 1 person is hard, but organising groups of 2 ppl to be online for this stuff is. I mean look at the RvR tournies or the one all class tournie we had, it's pretty much people showing up for it at random if they can make it. As soon as you tie people in to teams that stops working

Last edited:
You've still got a former 2s partner, with hundreds of games worth of synergy. And then you tell the rest to reach into the barrel of randos and grab one out...and then have a tournie? is that right?
You realize you prove my point with that question right? You're admitting that it's not difficult to find someone to play with, but difficult to find someone you consider good enough to play with.

As for myself; true I have a few arena partners in the bracket. But if none of them were available it wouldn't stop me from entering a 2v2 tournament with someone I haven't played with before. I've done that a few times in the past.

You realize you prove my point with that question right? You're admitting that it's not difficult to find someone to play with, but difficult to find someone you consider good enough to play with.

As for myself; true I have a few arena partners in the bracket. But if none of them were available it wouldn't stop me from entering a 2v2 tournament with someone I haven't played with before. I've done that a few times in the past.

I wouldn't call having a shot at winning a tournie being really picky, obviously you're gonna be a somewhat picky. Statistically picking randoms hasn't gone too well for you in wargames so even though it wouldn't stop you from entering it, it would very likely stop you from winning it.

Responding to your edit:
Also i'm not saying finding 1 person is hard, but organising groups of 2 ppl to be online for this stuff is. I mean look at the RvR tournies or the one all class tournie we had, it's pretty much people showing up for it at random if they can make it. As soon as you tie people in to teams that stops working
I think if two people can't manage to schedule being online for 2-3 hours for a tournament that was announced over a week prior, they probably didn't give a shit about the tournament to begin with. Unless of course one of them have IRL reasons they can't be online - but that's always going to happen to a few teams.

I wouldn't call having a shot at winning a tournie being really picky, obviously you're gonna be a somewhat picky. Statistically picking randoms hasn't gone too well for you in wargames so even though it wouldn't stop you from entering it, it would very likely stop you from winning it.
Yeah I think we just have very fundamentally different mentalities. I just really enjoy arena and tournaments, so whenever there is an arena tournament I'll play in it even if I have to play with a "random". You obviously care a lot less about arena so winning becomes the only important thing to you.
Brave of you to bring up wargames considering our last couple of sessions...

Well the point is that most people dont give a shit, thats why you make these events as simple as possible to get some turnout.

Brave of you to bring up wargames considering our last couple of sessions...

Whats your point? The priest gear is irrelevant in sub vs assa, as soon as you switched to assa gear became relevant again and ofc we won. Anyway why argue, you cant lie that most sessions outside of sub disc vs assa disc went terrible for you.

Users who are viewing this thread