1v1 Duel Tournament on Ravencrest EU

Bakedaflol

The Arthritic Arch-Druid
background.jpg

Stormwind Sewer Rats-Ravencrest(EU) is hosting a 1v1 duel tournament on Friday, January 29th. The tournament will take place in Kharazan Crypts at 22:00 server time, and anyone can participate.

We will start helping competitors(and most welcome spectators) get in to the crypts at 21:15 server time. In the hopes we'll be ready by the appointed time.

The event will be streamed at Twitch.tv/dethtic - Though it should be noted that this is a spontaneous community effort, therefore spectating will not be proffesional and commentating might be lacking.

Prizepool!
Current Prize pool: 50 Eur + 250k gold.
If you wish to donate to increase the prizepool /w 'Kompe-Ravencrest' for Gold Donation.
tip-donations on twitch.tv/dethtic during the event, will also go to prizepool.

Prize pool distribution:
-1st: 30EUR +50% of gold prize.
-2nd: 10EUR + 30% of gold prize.
-3rd: 10EUR + 20% of gold prize.

At the end of the Tournament, when we have a winner. There will be a twist that could potentially increase your prize, or decrease it by the same amount, if you're confident enough for another challenge.

Tournament Setup:
We have three different Rooms in Kharazan Crypts, where duels will be played.
We chose 3 different areas, that are very different in terrain, in the hope that games will feel fair to everyone.
Stage 1
Stage 1.jpg
Big open space.

Stage 2
Stage 2.jpg
Big with small confined spaces.

Stage 3
Stage 3.jpg
Small confined space.​

-Each match-up will be settled best out of 3.
-First duel will be set in stage 1. Loser gets to chose the stage for the upcoming duel.

Tournament Rules:
-Resetting combat is allowed, but you can stay only stay in stealth(out of combat) for 30 sec at a time. If you aren't actively trying to engage combat beyond that, you risk disqualification.

-Gliders, heal/mana pots, Swiftness or Engineering pots NOT allowed. (unless it's enchanted: Like Frag-belt, Healing injector, etc)

-Engineering trinkets allowed.

- Healers banned.​
-No DPS classes or specs are banned from being played. Yet some abilities are blacklisted:
-Lay on Hands(Paladin)
-Divine Shield(Paladin)
-Soul Fire(warlock destro)
-Prickling Thorns(Boomkin PvP talent)​

After vote: Tanks will be allowed.

-We will not ban gear-items.

We're twinking! So showing off gear-builds should be encouraged, not frowned upon.

You can sign up here in this thread, or through guild event in Calendar.
If any questions, @Dethtic and @kompe will aswell be able to answer, as fellow coordinators of this event.

Hope to see a good turn out! Cheers

Last edited:
I love these community tournaments and it's a shame I won't be able to participate. I'll be definitely watching this from recording tho.

One question. Why would you blacklist Divine Shield or Soulfire? This in my opinion eliminates paladins and warlocks from the competition.

I love these community tournaments and it's a shame I won't be able to participate. I'll be definitely watching this from recording tho.

One question. Why would you blacklist Divine Shield or Soulfire? This in my opinion eliminates paladins and warlocks from the competition.

A good Paladin can outplay most things without bubble, especially in an area with pillars.
I see good Destro locks who don't use it, regularily. It's not that it's a one shot if they are able to set it up, It's just the fact, that for some classes it's uncounterable.

The rules you can allways be discuss in a tournament.
None or the less its awesome that you took the time to create an event like this.

Thanks alot!

Last edited:
The rules you can allways be discuss in a tournament.
None or the less its awesome that you took the time to create an event like this.

Thanks alot!

It's our first time planning this, and the goal is just to have fun scuffed event. Adjustments can be made after we have compiled the feedback for future events.

React with 'Like' if Tanks should be banned.
React with 'Funny' if you think they should stay.

Result will be added to the OP eventually.

Sorry bois, I fucked up the poll. I hope we can vote on this the old-fashioned facebook way >B^)

Edit: No more rules will be changed outside of the Tank ban/unbann poll.
Intention was to keep as few things unbanned as possible, taken into consideration that we wanna do more of these in the future.
It's easier to work on having banned too few things, than to work back from having banned way too many things.
We'll learn from this event after it's over, and we'll take what we've learned till next time.
With that in mind; I hope we can stay open-minded with the rules as they are.
Peace and love.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is basically a tourney with 2 or 3 specs that are viable :p Do something else to change that up, whatever it is.

Crusader > specs, fix that first.

Last edited:
See you in two hrs! :cool:
[doublepost=1611947217,1611946926][/doublepost]@Bakedaflol
What are the rules about wizard oils and sharpening stone. Heroism? Just to be sure, hope they are banned.

Users who are viewing this thread