1v1 Arena Dueling Tournament

Interested in participating?

• Total voters

Hunnybuns

Founder
Founder
This is an event I am considering running in the near future. I have previewed about it on stream the past week. Here are the ground rules.

Your character must be level 19
No Druid/Hunter/BM Monk
No Healing Specs
1v1 format best of 3 Double Elimination (Single Elimination?)
No enchant stacking (Crusader, Landslide, etc) Classes that dual wield weapons can use one Proc Enchant. The 2nd weapon must be Elemental Force.
Ret Paladin must use Elemental Force
1v1s take place in the arena, starting on Nagrand Arena, loser picks next map.

Monk-WW (Landslide?)
Mage-Frost/Fire/Arc
Shaman-Ele/Enh
Warlock-Demo/Affli/Destro
Priest-Shadow
Warrior-Fury/Arms/Prot
Paladin-Ret/Prot
Rogue-Assas/Sub/Combat

I have already previewed every single matchup on stream. Twitch

I will be running/commentating the matches and not participating myself.

Tournament will be streamed @ Twitch.tv/fearthebuns

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadow priests assemble!

1v1 tournament seems extremely boring to me especially at level 19 with the small kit, 70 1v1 could be rly good. Also if u do this either ban windwalkers or only allow them to have white weapons with no enchant and they cant be blood elf.. lol

Also if u do this either ban windwalkers or only allow them to have white weapons with no enchant and they cant be blood elf.. lol

The most I would be willing to tone down WW would be requiring double elemental force. If you watch the preview in the OP where i preview every single spec vs spec matchup, WW will be challenged to live to 2nd fist vs a handful of specs (rogues, warriors, enhance).

I am open to adjust a few of the rules, if you have serious suggestions, understand I took the time to preview every single spec vs spec matchup. If you have suggestions, take the time to see my thought process for why the decisions were made in the VoD in my opening post.

Thanks for feedback, considering taking away landslide from WW.

The most I would be willing to tone down WW would be requiring double elemental force. If you watch the preview in the OP where i preview every single spec vs spec matchup, WW will be challenged to live to 2nd fist vs a handful of specs (rogues, warriors, enhance).

I am open to adjust a few of the rules, if you have serious suggestions, understand I took the time to preview every single spec vs spec matchup. If you have suggestions, take the time to see my thought process for why the decisions were made in the VoD in my opening post.

Thanks for feedback, considering taking away landslide from WW.
either than for the with the movement ww has i only see a rogue being a problem as the ones you listed since wws dont have dot and the rogue can get free stealths, vs warr and enhance the WW can just start by fisting early and forcing trinket then running or just keep doing damage and kill the warrior since they dont have heals, vs the enhance the WW can just torrent the first cast early and probably kill off that. Im not sure since im not an expert on 1v1s nor WWs but just my 2 cents

Make life easier and take away all chants just pure class damage and skill over enchant carry!

You are going to find that ele shamans are too OP in 1v1s. From my XP only about three matchups at 19 in 1v1 are real.

Hopefully I can get fully geared and leveled before this happens. Thanks for doing this for the community.

I don't see a reason to not include Boomkins. Just ban Displacer Beast.

Sounds like there is some general interest! Looking to take Landslide from WW.

Appreciate all the feedback, for good or for worse so far!

If you find yourself wanting to play, but have not voted on the poll, please vote! Will be making my decision on going through with the tournament based on the number of people that are interested in participating.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all these rules, you guys should create some Trial accounts and make a bunch of cookie cutter and have a tournament NASCAR style. As in, everything is exactly the same. The only difference is the driver.
Good luck and have fun!!

Users who are viewing this thread