19s or beyond?

ItsWeasel

Veteran
Hi all,

Very new to posting here, but have much appreciation for the information this site has provided to get me up to speed on the twinking scene. Haven’t played since WotLK and came back exclusively to play twinks.

We’ve been playing in the 19s for a couple of months now and have experienced both positive and negative players in the bracket. Lots of fantastic talent, but sometimes that’s overwhelmed by the toxic attitude of the few. Unfortunately, the rock few are the most obnoxious and overbearing, so it becomes offputting at times.

For those of you who have played in numerous brackets, is this a common theme for every bracket’s community? Thoughts on other brackets when it comes to class balance, community culture, and level of enjoyment?

Lower brackets usually deal with a little bit more toxicity than the higher level ones. So as you go up in levels, you should be encountering less undesirable atmospheres.

Hi all,

Very new to posting here, but have much appreciation for the information this site has provided to get me up to speed on the twinking scene. Haven’t played since WotLK and came back exclusively to play twinks.

We’ve been playing in the 19s for a couple of months now and have experienced both positive and negative players in the bracket. Lots of fantastic talent, but sometimes that’s overwhelmed by the toxic attitude of the few. Unfortunately, the rock few are the most obnoxious and overbearing, so it becomes offputting at times.

For those of you who have played in numerous brackets, is this a common theme for every bracket’s community? Thoughts on other brackets when it comes to class balance, community culture, and level of enjoyment?
Every bracket has their drama but I've found that typically, the higher the level the less drama there is. Except for F2P/vet 20s who are probably the chillest, most helpful community in the game.

Better stay in 19s or just skip 20-29s bracket, or you`ll have some problems with me , if you are a horde group.

Thanks for the recommendation. I play Alliance predominantly, but don’t typically care for playing with or against the players I described haha.

Lower brackets usually deal with a little bit more toxicity than the higher level ones. So as you go up in levels, you should be encountering less undesirable atmospheres.

Thanks. I think this is logical, but wanted to confirm before deciding on whether or not to move on and how far to move on to.

In a competitive scene like this (or pvp in general) you’ll always find some drama or people acting shitty. There’s more of it at the lower brackets just because of how active they are, but you’ll find those people no matter what bracket you play in. I recommend finding a good guild or making some friends to roll premades with, and to take the negativity and turn it into motivation. Always ask yourself if the guy flaming you is doing it as a reaction to a bad play on your part that you can learn from, or is he just being an ass? Knowing the difference will both help you grow and help you shrug off the bs.

there's several reasons some brackets are more toxic than others and they're all related to activity, that's why popular games are also labelled as having toxic communities and you see people crying about it saying they left x game which is the most popular in a genre to play y game because x community is toxic.

this mindset to have is dumb and childish, toxicity isn't a bad thing nor is it something you're forced to endure, there's ingame options to remove toxic players from your gameplay experience for a reason.

anyway activity brings toxicity because that means you're replaceable and if you perform in the wrong way (in someone's view) there's 4-5 players who can instantly replace you, so why be friendly? in the same sense that working for a big cooperation is toxic compared to a family based startup, there's 200-250 applicants waiting (at the lowest level of employment)

low level brackets and endgame have this same situation, why spend hours enduring a bad player at low rating (2200-2300 for example) trying to help the guy improve when you can kick him and get someone else in from the LFG list of 20 players waiting?

the same applies to low bgs but you can't straight up kick players unless you're queueing with them, so the only thing you can do is call them out in bg chat and hope they bite back, this can lead to arguments that go on for a whole bg with the intention of discouraging them from queueing again, nothing will come of it if you don't respond to someone calling you out.

personally ive never been on the receiving end of toxicity in all of my years of playing, except friends calling me out in voice if i do something dumb, and some Russian ret fuck who called me out in AT 2s but that's not really relevant.

that pretty much sums up why people are toxic ingame, if you're referring to these forums however it's a little different, the reason people are toxic on forums is nothing to do with anger or being horrible people.

toxicity on xpoff is just a case of conflicting opinions in which one party reads the others opinion on something and it's just so mindboggling and dumb that you can't help laughing at how stupid the general population is, that coupled with the need to entertain yourself and others which often gets mistaken for personal attacks and toxicity.

maybe a hint of being pissed off at people asking dumb questions that have been answered 1000000 times, and asking questions about everything with the hope it'll make you a good player, it won't.

the reason there's less toxicity in higher twink brackets is the lack of activity, there's underlying toxicity there but with safe space moderation and exclusion it won't surface because they need to project an outward sense of welcoming or their brackets will die, people will more likely bottle in their criticisms and insults if they feel it'll kill their bracket, they still have the same thoughts but don't say them, that's the only difference.

they still think you're bad but because they don't have 20 people in LFG ready to replace you, they don't kick you.

there's several reasons some brackets are more toxic than others and they're all related to activity, that's why popular games are also labelled as having toxic communities and you see people crying about it saying they left x game which is the most popular in a genre to play y game because x community is toxic.

Toxicity is a symptom from lack of moderation. Ask anyone who plays private servers. Small community's with very little moderation. They are more toxic they retail. Also most people over the age of 25 will tell you xbox/PS live back in the day was the wild west of video games because you could say and do anything you wanted with no consequence. Not the case today and the community have become healthier through moderation.

toxicity isn't a bad thing nor is it something you're forced to endure, there's ingame options to remove toxic players from your gameplay experience for a reason.

Toxicity caused xpoff to lose the chance of being connected with blizzard. The site owner was trying to strike a deal but was denied because of the toxic actions of people. Denying the opportunity for growth.

By definition toxic means poisonous or harmful. Trying to defend harmful behavior that is poisonous to a community is always done by people who want others to be as miserable as they are. New players don't know how to block or get tired of blocking people so they quit. Raiding guilds of 25 people disband because of the behavior of one poisonous leech. That one person ruined the enjoyment of the game for 24 other people because they are toxic.

so why be friendly? in the same sense that working for a big cooperation is toxic compared to a family based startup, there's 200-250 applicants waiting (at the lowest level of employment)

You are doing some serious mental gymnastics for this one. Have you ever been to an interview or worked a day in your life? You will not get the job if you act like an arrogant entitled assholes in an interview process and if you're deemed toxic to the workplace you will be fired. Workplaces are the healthiest they have ever been because of the scrutiny of the public eye through social media. You seem to be confusing the downfall of employee/employer loyalty with workplace toxicity.

low level brackets and endgame have this same situation, why spend hours enduring a bad player at low rating (2200-2300 for example) trying to help the guy improve when you can kick him and get someone else in from the LFG list of 20 players waiting?

You seem to be under the impression bad players will always be worse than you and they will never be able to help you in the future and that's why you shun them. This could leave you alone when you need help to improve. Check the ego bud.

the same applies to low bgs but you can't straight up kick players unless you're queueing with them, so the only thing you can do is call them out in bg chat and hope they bite back, this can lead to arguments that go on for a whole bg with the intention of discouraging them from queueing again, nothing will come of it if you don't respond to someone calling you out.

Thanks for proving my point? The only person you care about is yourself so you actively behave in a manner to discourage people from playing the game. Toxic.

I'm not even going to bother with the rest of the shit you said because it's just opinions from an ego. In conclusion. You're a fucking troll and i'm pretty sure i've called you out for trolling in the past. I'm guessing you didn't take my advice in finding another outlet for whatever makes you so angry irl.

Last edited:
Reactions: MYT
If you want to ignore all the bullshit explanations, here’s a breakdown of toxicity:

19: very toxic. Just play with your friends if you play here. There’s people who should be spending their life in prison in this bracket. Every competition is marred by rampant cheating. Don’t associate with anyone but friends you already have here.
29: mixed bag.
39: becomes toxic whenever 19’s migrate here, as happened again recently.
49: great community
59: don’t know
69: great community
70/79/80/89: don’t know
99: great community

It’s the gaming culture today my friend. Many do to fit in. Many do it because it of the anonymity. Many do it because it makes them feel better about themselves to insult others, you really can’t take these people personally.
Mostly though, it’s because of the lack of maturity ( not indictadive of age BTW).
I have played video games for a very very long time. May have been playing longer than anyone on this particular site. Now, I am not stating that as to boast(that isn’t my style), I am simply stating that to get my point across.
Phsychologists have written hundreds of studies on this very subject. Trust me on this one.

/cheers
[doublepost=1546456026,1546455927][/doublepost]
If you want to ignore all the bullshit explanations, here’s a breakdown of toxicity:

19: very toxic. Just play with your friends if you play here. There’s people who should be spending their life in prison in this bracket. Every competition is marred by rampant cheating. Don’t associate with anyone but friends you already have here.
29: mixed bag.
39: becomes toxic whenever 19’s migrate here, as happened again recently.
49: great community
59: don’t know
69: great community
70/79/80/89: don’t know
99: great community

Nailed it!!!
70’s are good. Great laid back group of people.

/cheers

this mindset to have is dumb and childish, toxicity isn't a bad thing nor is it something you're forced to endure, there's ingame options to remove toxic players from your gameplay experience for a reason.

anyway activity brings toxicity because that means you're replaceable and if you perform in the wrong way (in someone's view) there's 4-5 players who can instantly replace you, so why be friendly? in the same sense that working for a big cooperation is toxic compared to a family based startup, there's 200-250 applicants waiting (at the lowest level of employment)

personally ive never been on the receiving end of toxicity in all of my years of playing, except friends calling me out in voice if i do something dumb, and some Russian ret fuck who called me out in AT 2s but that's not really relevant.

that pretty much sums up why people are toxic ingame, if you're referring to these forums however it's a little different, the reason people are toxic on forums is nothing to do with anger or being horrible people.

toxicity on xpoff is just a case of conflicting opinions in which one party reads the others opinion on something and it's just so mindboggling and dumb that you can't help laughing at how stupid the general population is, that coupled with the need to entertain yourself and others which often gets mistaken for personal attacks and toxicity.

maybe a hint of being pissed off at people asking dumb questions that have been answered 1000000 times, and asking questions about everything with the hope it'll make you a good player, it won't.

the reason there's less toxicity in higher twink brackets is the lack of activity, there's underlying toxicity there but with safe space moderation and exclusion it won't surface because they need to project an outward sense of welcoming or their brackets will die, people will more likely bottle in their criticisms and insults if they feel it'll kill their bracket, they still have the same thoughts but don't say them, that's the only difference.

they still think you're bad but because they don't have 20 people in LFG ready to replace you, they don't kick you.

Biggest load of crap I've read on here.... Seriously.

How I see it:
10-19 big player base, 20%toxic
20-29 bigger player base, 20%toxic
30-39 less player base, 20%toxic
40-49 lesser player base, 20%toxic
Ect
Ect
1-120 biggest player base, 20%toxic

20%is taken from my ass, but the point being its spread somewhat even and its the same irl. We all got different opinions on what we think is toxic, some may consider a bicykle on the road for toxic but the guy riding the bike may think the same about him for driving a car.

Bung you must not get around much if you think every bracket is the same
I could say the same. You cant have been around much, if you think every bracket is so different in behavior.
Every single induvidual is different in behavior hence why I think its the same for every bracket.
This is just how I see things and I dont expect you to share my view.

So you’re just saying in theory that they’re equally toxic but you have no personal knowledge. Got it.

I have personal knowledge so know for a fact that they’re very different.

Not when said experience includes interacting with others who had the exact same experience.

The argument that people are the same everywhere and/or averages tend to hold true has been debunked countless times. Generalizations that apply to football fans don’t apply to baseball fans. Generalizations that apply to Browns fans don’t apply to Texans fans. Heck, generalizations that apply to Browns fans that sit in the end zone don’t apply to the ones in club seats.

People vary regularly for all kinds of reasons including self selection. That’s reflected in wow twinking brackets today.

Users who are viewing this thread