19 Warrior, Battle of Hillsbrad quest reward

Floormat

Veteran
Which is better for Warrior Dreadskull Shield or Runic Darkblade?
Night Reaver seems almost better than Runic Darkblade and Dreadskull shield seems rlly good for frontline scenarios, so I'm leaning towards getting the shield.
Any opinions?

Which is better for Warrior Dreadskull Shield or Runic Darkblade?
Night Reaver seems almost better than Runic Darkblade and Dreadskull shield seems rlly good for frontline scenarios, so I'm leaning towards getting the shield.
Any opinions?

Darkblade is a bit too fast, go for deadskull shield.

just worry about having Shadowfang + good shields for any scenario

every 2h in 19s are trash for warriors
Ok, I'll just get the shield then, alrdy have Shadowfang + lifestealing, I've heard ppl say to get Grunt's Shield of Blocking and put shield spike on it to equip vs Rogues, is that good or just stick with Dreadskull Shield w +7 stam?

Ok, I'll just get the shield then, alrdy have Shadowfang + lifestealing, I've heard ppl say to get Grunt's Shield of Blocking and put shield spike on it to equip vs Rogues, is that good or just stick with Dreadskull Shield w +7 stam?

Grunts vs rogues. Dss and SF vs other melees and hunters. 2h vs casters. Dss and face smasher or for FCing. Is a good guideline I think.

*Horde*
- Remember Warrior is a Support Class -
You're not supposed to 1v1 rogues,hunters in mid etc, just stay with your team.

Grunt's Shield +Spikes (vs Rogues) <--is bad, Deadskull with +14stam is way better vs Rogues, but people played in TBC so that's all they know :p (1%block is laughable)

Deadskull +7stam enchant (for when you need a huge HP pool aka all the time) <-- +14stam is bis

Arctic Buckler +8 FrostResi enchant (for more /prays that you'll resist a frost nova :D) <-- optional, you can get around +19 Frost resist, great vs mages trying to r1 you

youll be rage starved, so ye, cba with 2h in 19s

and if you can't keep hamstring up on targets, you should be mocked

Shadowfang + Shields ftw

This is a really helpful post as I had the same question. I am in agreement that the Dreadskull Shield is better than whatever improvement Runic Darkblade has over Night Reaver.

Just to clarify since I am trying to make sure it's all planned out. It looks like an optimal set of weapons / shields for a Horde Warrior would be:

90% of the Time: Dreadskull Shield w/ +7 Stamina Enchant
Anti-Mage: Arctic Buckler w/ +8 Frost Resist (I am skeptical, but I doubt I'd use this shield otherwise)
Fighting a Rogue: Grunt's Shield of Blocking (+4 Strength) w/ Thorium Spike

90% of the time: Shadowfang w/ Lifesteal?
Anti-Caster: Night Reaver w/ Lifesteal?
Flag Carrying: Face Smasher w/ Lifesteal? Not sure what the best flag carrying enchantment would be.

Are there any other weapons I should consider in my arsenal. I am guessing anything else would be extremely niche.

*Horde*
- Remember Warrior is a Support Class -
You're not supposed to 1v1 rogues,hunters in mid etc, just stay with your team.

Grunt's Shield +Spikes (vs Rogues) <--is bad, Deadskull with +14stam is way better vs Rogues, but people played in TBC so that's all they know :p (1%block is laughable)

Deadskull +7stam enchant (for when you need a huge HP pool aka all the time) <-- +14stam is bis

Arctic Buckler +8 FrostResi enchant (for more /prays that you'll resist a frost nova :D) <-- optional, you can get around +19 Frost resist, great vs mages trying to r1 you

The grunt's shield was for added dps when using shield block for 100% block, not sure if that's viable in classic it's what i rocked in tbc as you said

Is this entire quest-chain already availible for 19's?

Also what's the method to gain the least exp possible? Even the first quest reqs level 19 and you have to complete a chain of 7 all rewarding u 2-4k per quest almost giving u exp for entire level 19-20...

While I think Glacial Stone and Night Reaver *could* be fine for 19 warriors, and getting some big shots on people is certainly appealing, the reality is casters are probably going to stomp on you unless you have a support crew. That's why I'd consider being able to use Shield Bash.

With a paladin HoF support 2h warrior can rock people.

Also get outta here with that Lifesteal. Crusader all day on warriors, it's not even close. Did I mention strength improves block?

Users who are viewing this thread