19 priest help :p

Yndigo

So yeah i'm making a priest, and since it's 2 years or so since i last made a priest i thought i'd see if i can get some help from you guys :)

character planner . keyboardturn . chardev seven

Basicly i specced for 1v1'/2v2, 0/2/8 was the specc i think would be most fitting for that

so yeah, tell me what you think and correct any gear mistakes or somthing

PS: the random enchants one are seposed to be eagle ;p

If you're hoping to do arenas, first a few gear changes:

-You need Spidersilk Drape. +4 Hit is ridiculously helpful.

-Get +mp5 enchants on Inferno Robe. Personally I think 5mp5 is best for bracers as well, but Spell Power is fine too.

-Your +Int weapon set up should not be Stam-based - it should be Int based! Get a Twisted Chanter's or that silly BoA staff.

Now for the build...

-Jewelcrafting? You'd be much better off with Engineering if you want things to tinker with in WSG. If you're going to be doing a lot of arenas, go Mining or Skinning (Mining is probably more 'sound.')

-Undeads are probably the worst race now, so I'd highly suggest you go BE. They're amazing in 2s and a great help on O. WotF shares a CD (sort of) with Trinket now, remember.

-Shadow doesn't work. Priests are not good burst/damage classes, there's no argument about it. Wanding is the (good) priest's predominant damage-dealer, and you'll be better off putting your points in ways that will help you (and others) Not Die. The difference between a 2.5 sec heal and a 3.0 sec heal is just incredible.

Disc used to be a viable spec (RIP Improved Wanding...) but it's just bad too now. 0/10/0 is accepted to be the best.

Think about how you're spending your talents. 10% more shadow spell damage? Sure, it's a bonus I guess, but what does that mean? Your Mind Blasts will hit a little harder? Having your DoT tick a little bit more is rarely very useful; the main purpose of the dot is to discourage bandaging - now, of course the damage is relevant and useful, but adding 10% is just...barely noticeable. As for the other talent, that's just completely useless. Get a Spidersilk Drape and don't worry about Hit. And what's 6% mana off of...what, 90? 5 mana per SW:p is just nothing.

Go Ally, Human for the free Medallion-like Racial which gives u two free slots for AGMS..

Lucky Fishing Hat

Think Bronze Necklace

Talbar Mantle

Spidersilk Drape (+50 Armor)

Robe of the Moccasin (+100 Mana)

Crystalline Cuffs (+15 Spell Power)

Gold-Flecked Gloves (+16 Spell Power)

Keller's Girdle

Darkweave Breeches

Spidersilk Boots (Minor Speed Increase)

Lavishly Jeweled Ring

Lorekeeper's Ring

Medallion of the ALLIANCE

Arena Grand Master

Twister Chanter's Staff (+22 Intellect)

Gravestone Scepter

822 Health

1910 Mana

0/10/0

Glyph of Renew

Glyph of Fortitude

Herbalism - extra heal

First Aid -obv

Fishing - obv

Mining - hp bonus

Play it Right, your unkillable.

Ertai said:
No it doesn't.

Sorry, been a while since i played human, so i was misinformed, thankyou.

Quara said:
If you're hoping to do arenas, first a few gear changes:

-You need Spidersilk Drape. +4 Hit is ridiculously helpful.

-Get +mp5 enchants on Inferno Robe. Personally I think 5mp5 is best for bracers as well, but Spell Power is fine too.

-Your +Int weapon set up should not be Stam-based - it should be Int based! Get a Twisted Chanter's or that silly BoA staff.

Now for the build...

-Jewelcrafting? You'd be much better off with Engineering if you want things to tinker with in WSG. If you're going to be doing a lot of arenas, go Mining or Skinning (Mining is probably more 'sound.')

-Undeads are probably the worst race now, so I'd highly suggest you go BE. They're amazing in 2s and a great help on O. WotF shares a CD (sort of) with Trinket now, remember.

-Shadow doesn't work. Priests are not good burst/damage classes, there's no argument about it. Wanding is the (good) priest's predominant damage-dealer, and you'll be better off putting your points in ways that will help you (and others) Not Die. The difference between a 2.5 sec heal and a 3.0 sec heal is just incredible.

Disc used to be a viable spec (RIP Improved Wanding...) but it's just bad too now. 0/10/0 is accepted to be the best.

Think about how you're spending your talents. 10% more shadow spell damage? Sure, it's a bonus I guess, but what does that mean? Your Mind Blasts will hit a little harder? Having your DoT tick a little bit more is rarely very useful; the main purpose of the dot is to discourage bandaging - now, of course the damage is relevant and useful, but adding 10% is just...barely noticeable. As for the other talent, that's just completely useless. Get a Spidersilk Drape and don't worry about Hit. And what's 6% mana off of...what, 90? 5 mana per SW:p is just nothing.

the shadow specc was my line of thought in the middle of the night ;p More dmg to help out offense, but i agree with its not a really good idea =P

About being a undead is bascily just becouse i hate Belf castings =P

Thank you for the response :)

Yndigo said:
About being a undead is bascily just becouse i hate Belf castings =P

Trolls can't be too bad either, if you'd prefer to not be a glitterfairy. I've always loved UD, but the times they are a'changin' :(

abrahms said:
Robe of the Moccasin (+100 Mana)

Gold-Flecked Gloves (+16 Spell Power)

RotM is pretty bad. Inferno Robe with +7mp5 will accomplish a lot more. Or, if you're set on using RotM at least get +HP on it; your build has like 850 hp atm.

As for Gold-Flecked, just remember there's [item]Jutebraid Gloves[/item] ;)

Quara said:
Trolls can't be too bad either, if you'd prefer to not be a glitterfairy. I've always loved UD, but the times they are a'changin' :(

RotM is pretty bad. Inferno Robe with +7mp5 will accomplish a lot more. Or, if you're set on using RotM at least get +HP on it; your build has like 850 hp atm.

As for Gold-Flecked, just remember there's [item]Jutebraid Gloves[/item] ;)

RotM is pro.

...RotM at least get +HP on it; your build has like 850 hp atm...

822 HP, 1900+ mana

Let me explain something. Your a Priest. Mana is priority over Health. With mana and low health you can restore health. With mana you can heal, attack (use ur wand tho, proven that gravestone has higher dps then smite on most well geared priests) and offers much versatility. With health and low mana, you can do what? Cast a FEW healz? as soon as that mana is gone, it doesnt matter if u have 5000 health or 200 health. You cant do anything. You have cltoh armor. Its a game of how fast you can run, or how fast they can deplete your large quantity of health. Your not a sitting duck in the crosshairs of a hunter, rather, your a legless duck rolling thru the grass avoiding being shot. The duck can use his legs (mana) to avoid death and recuperate from the chase, or he can use his armored feathers (health) to take a few bullets and eventually die.

This set rapes all in arenas.

Obviously mana is very important, but the fact is you need a comfortable amount of health. Yes, you can heal yourself back up, but if you don't have a high enough peak health then you will very often find yourself at low health and thusly will be needing to run and heal yourself (aka not doing other things) more often. 822 health just doesn't cut it. From my experiences, in most serious arena environments (with exceptions based on the match up) you will need at LEAST 1000 hp to be optimal.

In theory, yes you can say that 'Mana' can be considered as just more flexible 'Health', but you must realize that you won't always have the luxury of being able to peacefully heal yourself to full. If you want to survive in vs a good opponent you have to be able to withstand their burst.

To use your example, 5000 hp is useless with no mana (which, by the way, isn't even true), 500000000 mana is worthless if you're dead.

EDIT: On a related note, this is exactly why priests are not as good at duels nowadays; as the average health drops in the format (no cleft, no fishing boots, etc), the effectiveness of healing classes decreases. They have less of a window to actually pressure their opponents in between needing to recover.

Good Arguement Bro. Just wanted to see how you responded. Now that you informed me about the human racial and insig share cooldown, there would be no reason for the insig besides achievement. Thus, you add two AGMS for an extra 240 HP, put it up to 1062.

Personally I would be playing in an arena environment, not WSG, and usually 2v2 or duels. In my experiences for 2v2 arena, lately it seems the players havent been stacking AP as melee classes, and from what I have played had gear sets leaning more towards survival then pure damage, so I have been feeling more then comfortabe with my 822 health lol. Once I make a human (i have a dwarf, dumb decision but it was for a fun guild name) ill have the two AGMs with no need for insig. 1062 HP will make a lot of a more comfortable playstyle, but with the previous statement b/t +HP > +MANA, I still go with total mana over mana regen and mana over HP, dont know why, but Its just my playstyle. We all have our own so, what ever works.

to the OP, this dude does know what hes talking about so I'd hit him up ingame or with some PMs if i were you so that you could have a realtime conversation.

Good Luck, hope you find whats ever best for your playstyle.

Abrahms said:
1062 HP will make a lot of a more comfortable playstyle, but with the previous statement b/t +HP > +MANA, I still go with total mana over mana regen and mana over HP, dont know why, but Its just my playstyle. We all have our own so, what ever works.

Indeed. I tend to be really aggressive in 1s and 2s, so I like a nice cushion while I'm pushin' (usually around 1050.) But yeah, every priest has their own style and it's a bad idea to do something that seems unnatural to you.

The two AGMs is really nice, and it is a big advantage for Alliance. It's a lot harder to find the optimal way of increasing your HP as horde, though. As a fairly broad rule of thumb, you should have 800-1200 hp. Less is suicide, more will do nothing.

Abrahms said:
Good Arguement Bro. Just wanted to see how you responded. Now that you informed me about the human racial and insig share cooldown, there would be no reason for the insig besides achievement. Thus, you add two AGMS for an extra 240 HP, put it up to 1062.

Personally I would be playing in an arena environment, not WSG, and usually 2v2 or duels. In my experiences for 2v2 arena, lately it seems the players havent been stacking AP as melee classes, and from what I have played had gear sets leaning more towards survival then pure damage, so I have been feeling more then comfortabe with my 822 health lol. Once I make a human (i have a dwarf, dumb decision but it was for a fun guild name) ill have the two AGMs with no need for insig. 1062 HP will make a lot of a more comfortable playstyle, but with the previous statement b/t +HP > +MANA, I still go with total mana over mana regen and mana over HP, dont know why, but Its just my playstyle. We all have our own so, what ever works.

to the OP, this dude does know what hes talking about so I'd hit him up ingame or with some PMs if i were you so that you could have a realtime conversation.

Good Luck, hope you find whats ever best for your playstyle.

lmao a huntr or warir wil kill u in 1 secind

Canterbury said:
LMAO... No they wont if you know how to play

A good AP warrior should always beat a priest if they have low health. It's just a game of attrition.

Ertai said:
800 HP is not enough against a good Warrior or Hunter, regardless of play.

Quara said:
A good AP warrior should always beat a priest if they have low health. It's just a game of attrition.

lmao caninting bury you dont know what youre talking about warirs and hunters white hits for 400

Throwed said:
lmao caninting bury you dont know what youre talking about warirs and hunters white hits for 400

Good hunters autoshot for 85-110.

Good ap warriors autoattack for 100-130ish.

Crits are double damage.

Throwed, again, you're a moron.

Users who are viewing this thread