10-19 19 Hunter Head Slot Questions

Footprint

Veteran
Greetings!

New to the site.
New to twinking!

I decided to make a Hunter and leveled to 10 last night. Busted through 297/300 engineering. Currently wearing Master Engineer's Goggles. I decided to make 2 Green Lens and see what stats it produces. I got a 10 Crit/8 Haste and a 9/9 Crit and haste.

2 questions regarding the Goggles.

1) Which would be a better fit as a MM Hunter?
2) I could only find the Heavy Borean Armor Kit that will work on the Goggles but I am curious if the level requirement on the kit (Level 80) is just for the application of the enchant or if it's for the availability of wearing the item after being enchanted.

Also as a side question: What would be best as for a pet? I noticed that if I don't have one active I get a 10% damage increase. That's sounds nice, but are there certain pets that would be a better option than 'Lone Wolf'?

Hey @Footprint and welcome to the bracket! I want to let you know that whatever info I try to give you below, I do not play a hunter, so there are other guys around here that could give better advice- but I’ll do my best.

1) you’re on the right track- but green lens will not be the best option. You lose a bunch of stam with green lens, and as hunters do not benefit from int (anymore) it will not help you. The only time I would consider using those green lens is for specific sets to maximize secondary stats, but the added stam and Vers is likely better in 95% of situations you’ll encounter.

2) Head enchants are grandfathered. You cannot enchant green lens or any other head with an enchant. The ONLY way to acquire a head enchant currently is buy finding someone with a head piece that already has an enchant applied to it, which is also stored in a good bank. Upon withdrawal, the item will immediately bind to you.

3) From what I hear, Lone Wolf is your mid fight option of choice, as you will do more damage than if you had a pet. I know there are some finicky things with older pets having more abilities than new ones- hopefully someone who mains hunter can give you some more feedback.

Hope you play alliance, and welcome again!

Hey @Footprint and welcome to the bracket! I want to let you know that whatever info I try to give you below, I do not play a hunter, so there are other guys around here that could give better advice- but I’ll do my best.

1) you’re on the right track- but green lens will not be the best option. You lose a bunch of stam with green lens, and as hunters do not benefit from int (anymore) it will not help you. The only time I would consider using those green lens is for specific sets to maximize secondary stats, but the added stam and Vers is likely better in 95% of situations you’ll encounter.

2) Head enchants are grandfathered. You cannot enchant green lens or any other head with an enchant. The ONLY way to acquire a head enchant currently is buy finding someone with a head piece that already has an enchant applied to it, which is also stored in a good bank. Upon withdrawal, the item will immediately bind to you.

3) From what I hear, Lone Wolf is your mid fight option of choice, as you will do more damage than if you had a pet. I know there are some finicky things with older pets having more abilities than new ones- hopefully someone who mains hunter can give you some more feedback.

Hope you play alliance, and welcome again!

To add on to this.

1) Yeah, the int from green lens adds nothing, and you lose stam to gain crit/haste. However verse is your best stat - and you won't get more verse from green lens that you will with master engineer's goggles. IMO the headgear ranking goes Master Engineer's Goggles > BoA = SFK Helm > Green lens.

3) You can have 2 pets with you, and can use no pet for Lone Wolf. Generally in fights/mid, the Lone Wolf 10% buff is hard to beat for MM. A pet with the 8% movespeed is very nice for traveling anywhere (running back from GY, catching up to EFC, moving from point to point in AB, etc). Bonus points for a mechanical, as they can't be sapped/polymorphed. The third pet depends on if you have a carrion bird from before the bfa prepatch. Carrion birds from before have the mortal wounds ability and are currently GFd, as new carrion birds don't have it. So if you have one, then use it for mortal wounds when focusing a healer/EFC that your team is having trouble getting past the heals. Otherwise if you don't have the carrion bird w/ mortal wounds, then either a leech pet (ok for healing up a bit solo) or the tanky pet (extra 5% HP and damage reduction active) is ok if you find yourself FCing a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread