19 10v10 Spring Tournament 2020

Discussion in '19s (Vanilla)' started by (Hass), May 8, 2020.

Share This Page

1. (Hass)

(Hass) Wizard of the ramp

Hi 19 bracket - looking to "host" a 19 10v10 warsong tournament to promote competition. Not all teams have both factions, so I took my best shot at balancing the factions best in my eyes. The main thing I need from you, is your guilds participation (if you belong to one). Below are the rules/faction teams.

Invited Teams:

Group 1
    <do you feel me>
    <Scooters Engine Repair>
    <Early Endgame>
    <Horde Busters>

Group 2
    <s p a c e b a r>
    <Quarterback Club>
    <Redridge Raiders>
    <Infierno>

Tournament Rules:
    • Limit of 2 Classes, 3 Healers per team (FC does not count as a healer)
    • No safespotting of any kind
    Allowed Consumables/Buffs:
    • Bandages
    • Healing and Lesser Mana Potions
    • Minor Recombobulators
    • Level 15 vendor food and water
    • Buffs from the specific comp being played (ex: cannot have Blessing of Might and Wisdom with only 1 Paladin in group, or Arcane Intellect with no Mage in group)
    Banned Consumables/Buffs:
    • All Flasks, Well Fed buffs, Sharpening Stones, Weight Stones, Holy Spring Water
    • All Bombs, Raw Deviate Fish, Magic Resistance Potions, Rumsey, Magic Dust, Feathered Arrows, Swiftness Potions, Thistle Tea
    • Buffs that do not exist in a level 19 spellbook (ex: Fear Ward)
    • Class buffs stronger than those in a level 19 spellbook (ex: 20 Stam Fort)
    • World buffs and quest buffs (ex: Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer, Blood Shard buffs)
    Tournament Info:
    • Team with most wins vs other group (2 game series) is group champion (best record 4-0, worst record 0-4)
    • Group champions face off in a best of 3 series
    • Faction seeding randomly drawn on stream (link TBD)
    • Rounds can be completed in a day or week, depending on availability of guilds.. round won't progress until all guilds have played their opponent for that round (this is to promote that everyone actually plays, gets xp, has fun, etc)
    • Teams given a week to face each other, however if the current round is finished, the next one will start the day after the previous round is completed.
    • To break schedule issues between guilds, the tournament committee (all GMs of participating teams) will vote for a day and both guilds will have to queue on that day with what twinks they have online at that time following tournament rules.
    • Teams cannot use members from other participating guilds.. team members must rep your guild tag to play for the team.
    • One member from each team is required to stream their teams POV, comms are not required to be streamed.
    POST LIVE STREAM ADDITIONS/CHANGES:

Tournament Group Schedule: ( thanks again @Scrappy )
    [​IMG]

Rule Clarifications:
    • If both guilds that make the finals have the option to play both factions, they can choose what faction they want to play for the entirety of the finals
    • If a guild with only one faction makes the finals, their opponent will play the opposing faction no matter if they have the ability to play either faction
    Tie Breakers:
    • If teams are tied at group stage, winner is team with most points. (+1 for cap, -1 cap against)
    • If teams are still tied, winner is team with most flag returns during group stage.
    • If teams are still tied, winner is team with most killing blows during group stage.
    Win/Loss Submission:
    • Team GMs must submit screenshot of win to myself (Hass) to post in 19 WSG Spring Tournament screenshots thread. Disagreements will be handled between all GMs in gm discussion channel.

TOURNAMENT RESULTS

Standings after round 2 games:
    [​IMG]

"Fun awards" standings after round 2 games:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020 at 3:40 AM
    • Like Like x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Revoman

Revoman Veteran

the 19 twink annual #CoronaVirusCup! brought to you LIVE from Xpoff.com. come watch your favorite twinks toss each other's salad in Warsong Gulch for 5 hours straight! I'll see you there.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Skeezin

Skeezin Grandfathered

as a third generation taxidermist i can confidently say that 1st place will receive conqs stuffed head as a trophy hand crafted by yours truly

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ayden

Ayden Member

Many have already asked and the Committee has come to its decision.

The Committee will not be contributing to prize earnings for winners as this does not meet regulation play standards.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. walle

walle Grandfathered

great idea!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bowner

Bowner Coordinator 10-19 Coordinator

Once I figure out if Tipsout actually decides to go on with a Tournament and not just host a ''Exhibition Game'' at finals of CDL. I will un-sticky tipsout thread and sticky this one for y'all.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Wapcity

Wapcity Member

Nice Hass lookin foward to this!

• Like Like x 1
  8. WTD

WTD Member

This is cool and awesome and I love it, but I have to ask... what if the horde absolutely dominate the alliance and no alliance guilds win a single match? (or vice versa, but lol @ that idea)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jehuda

Jehuda Member

Who tf is redridge menace

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Phyllis

Phyllis Member

I, for one, am excited for 3 hours of watching people prematurely take queues

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Eddie

Eddie Idc too

love to see it

12. Gyp

Gyp Grandfathered

Sounds fun!

Maybe this is a bit off subject; but do we have any speculation on an "official" tournament ruleset?

13. OP
    (Hass)

My bad! There was an old fairbanks guild called Redridge Menance and I derped. Fixed for you!

So far I've heard from 6/8 guilds - hopefully Redridge Raider and Horde Busters can field teams!

14. Jehuda

Jehuda Member

we can field a team, and I spoke with hordebusters who can also field a team. I'll connect you on discord with their guy

15. Bowner

Bowner Coordinator 10-19 Coordinator

Giving thread a bump, keep people updated with this with wargames out seems even more viable now.

16. OP
    (Hass)

Aiming for start date of 5/18 - changing some rules slightly due to wargame changes. Will reach out ASAP!

17. ExudeCans

ExudeCans Grandfathered

don't want to hijack thread but couldnt direct message you, but is this gypy/eiz who played with us in hohos on spinebreaker for years?

• Like Like x 1
  18. seth123

seth123 2018 Twink Cup Champion

No prize pool??

• Like Like x 1
  19. Matthewx

Matthewx 2018 Twink Cup Champion

20. OP
    (Hass)

Small tournament, low budget, simple.