14 Lock

Discussion in 'Shadowlands' started by Lpxxone, Nov 5, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Lpxxone

Lpxxone Member

I just started a 14 lock working on gearing him up and professions. Doing tailoring and enchanting.
    I have looked around and cant seem to find very many 14's. Any other 14's out there? I making this guy to run dungeons and do pve stuff.

2. DeLindsay

DeLindsay 10s4Lyf

I started a 14 DH because I couldn't get him out at 10 lmao. Not sure what I'll do with him atm but likely PvE. Illidanzig in my Signature.

3. ShinyHero

ShinyHero Veteran

Heyyyo if you got any 14 twink questions just lemme know as I will be primarily twinking level 14s, cause I’m just weird like that I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  4. eyloiw

eyloiw New Member

Why 14 if I may ask? I haven't fully looked at everything that came during pre-patch, but I noticed a few locked 14s on Area-52. Is there something special at 14?

5. ShinyHero

ShinyHero Veteran

Yea, actually there is something pretty special about 14s, one thing in particular is as I’ve heard at 15 dungeons start getting quite a bit harder to solo, another thing being 14 basically has access to same gear as 19s and 20s but better secondary stat scaling (vers crit haste etc) and 14 is the first level where you can use all that sweet relic of the past gear which is pretty fun there are probably other reasons but my 1am self is too stupid atm to think of more

• Like Like x 3
  6. eyloiw

eyloiw New Member

Wow, that's actually quite a lot. Had no idea 14s could be that strong. Guess I'll stay tuned for any guides to show up. I want to try this.

7. ShinyHero

ShinyHero Veteran

I may or may not be writing things down and doing research for a guide but that’s not gonna be for a little while.

8. DeLindsay

DeLindsay 10s4Lyf

I can verify that 14 ends the superior scaling (not as good as 10), 15 sucks. Takes much longer to kill anything and 1 Talent/access to more Dungeons isn't worth it. If you want higher than 14, go 19.

9. Webbers221e

Webbers221e New Member

For general dungeon running and perhaps a little PvP do you think 10 or 14 would be best for a lock? I know it's probably the question for alot of people, but once all the gear/enchants are acquired would that beat out the worse scaling for 14's? Thanks for any help.

10. DeLindsay

DeLindsay 10s4Lyf

@Webbers221e 14 Scaling isn't that bad, 15 is. So you'd be looking at either 14 or 19 if you decided to go past 10.

11. Webbers221e

Webbers221e New Member

I've tried 19 and don't like it tbh, i was more wondering for raw power if the items available at 14 make it stronger than the 10 comparatively. For general dungeon running lets say.

12. DeLindsay

DeLindsay 10s4Lyf

I'll have to let @ShinyHero give his opinion. My 14 isn't geared enough to know how it compares to well geared 10's like my Hunter or Pally. I can say that solo'ing Dungeons takes much longer after the nerfs but is still possible at 10 on certain Classes. I would imagine that 14 would be very close to the same.

13. ShinyHero

ShinyHero Veteran

To answer your questions 14 is not as good for dungeons as 10 BUT the gear difference is pretty big in wpvp and 14s are quite fun IMO, be prepared to hear “why are you twinking 14 that’s not a really twink level” if you do decide to go 14

• Like Like x 1
  14. DeLindsay

DeLindsay 10s4Lyf

Yeah, because nobody has ever said that about 10's, nope, not ever.

15. ShinyHero

ShinyHero Veteran

I promise I’ve heard it more on my old 16 rogue more than you’ve ever heard it on your 10 lol