110 vs 111

Nukemdown

Veteran
alot of my toons are actually 111 sadly and was wondering if it is still worth twinking? i doubt 111 would be good at all in bgs compared to 110 any feedback on this?

111 is great for PvE, 110 is great for PvE/BG combo, 119 is great for PvP. If you enjoy being 111 stick with it, if you want to try out 110, make a 110 alt.

The biggest advantage, for me, to having a 110 over a 111 is the choice of reward for winning a battleground.

If your top priority is be a powerful twink, pick 111. You'll get high secondary stats, better gem scaling, and you'll face more unfortunate levelers and fewer geared 110s. You'll be stronger in open-world content, your legendaries will still work just as well, and you have a better shot at winning duels with 120s.

Lastly, 111 earns azerite power for winning a BG. That means your Heart of Azeroth keeps getting stronger over time just from playing. Other than that, the process of gearing a 111 is exactly the same as a 110.

A 110 earns marks of honor and wakening essence from a BG. The guaranteed mark of honor per win, combined with being a twink, is a great perk if you want to farm lots of transmog. The 30 wakening essence for winning means you'll unlock your legendaries faster, even being able to pick several to use in different circumstances.

The biggest advantage, for me, to having a 110 over a 111 is the choice of reward for winning a battleground.

If your top priority is be a powerful twink, pick 111. You'll get high secondary stats, better gem scaling, and you'll face more unfortunate levelers and fewer geared 110s. You'll be stronger in open-world content, your legendaries will still work just as well, and you have a better shot at winning duels with 120s.

Lastly, 111 earns azerite power for winning a BG. That means your Heart of Azeroth keeps getting stronger over time just from playing. Other than that, the process of gearing a 111 is exactly the same as a 110.

A 110 earns marks of honor and wakening essence from a BG. The guaranteed mark of honor per win, combined with being a twink, is a great perk if you want to farm lots of transmog. The 30 wakening essence for winning means you'll unlock your legendaries faster, even being able to pick several to use in different circumstances.
Uhh what? When you're 111 you're in BGs with 111-119 bracket, you won't see anyone level 110 lmao. Sure, you'll see people leveling in BGs but there's also a massive chance of running into 119 twinks. Also if the goal would be to get stronger than gearing up a 111 and doing IE's would be far faster and better than doing BGs on one. The advantages of 111 are that stats scale higher due to BFA scaling, gems, enchants, etc. You can get crafted gear to last you awhile and help fill the slots of your artifact weapons (233 ilvl if they proc right). The disadvantage of 111 is that you don't do BGs on them, sure you could but it'd be pointless because even if you don't run into a 119, you can still run into someone who is like 118 or even 119 in just random questing gear who will wreck you.

what level is the best against 120?
it depends on how geared the 120 is and their skill in pvp. anyone over 130k or so i dont mess with on my 110 unless i have to. i imagine 111 is best for world pvp but as 120’s progress farther it will become harder to down them. a 111 is for making gold off selling IE runs, pets from IE, green 320’s( either the armor or the mats from discombobulating them) and tmog runs through old content.

I've ran into some 120s on my 111 havoc DH. My DH is geared and spec'd for island expeditions, so he is in no way optimized for pvp. The key which makes him viable is the fact his leech is hovering around 20%. Siphoning wep enchant gave me about 9% leech. It's less than 3% on a 110.

1 on 1 I do fine unless I'm caught off guard by a cc heavy class.

Users who are viewing this thread