110 Rogue.

fisherofman

Legend
Hello All,

I just hit 110 on my rogue last night, and from browsing a few forum threads, I found a few armories of 110 rogues.

It seems there is mostly outlaw, and one (119) sub - I have been learning assassination.

Is there a core reason behind most people choose outlaw?
Is it for ease of play style, or is outlaw more viable / powerful than assassination at the moment (either by spec build, style for PVP / azerite trait stacking) ?

Thank you!
[doublepost=1541183694,1541167705][/doublepost]?

Hello All,

I just hit 110 on my rogue last night, and from browsing a few forum threads, I found a few armories of 110 rogues.

It seems there is mostly outlaw, and one (119) sub - I have been learning assassination.

Is it for ease of play style, or is outlaw more viable / powerful than assassination at the moment (either by spec build, style for PVP / azerite trait stacking) ?

Thank you!

I think a lot of good legendarys are outlaw, and there is a neat combo for fan of knives, and a legendary and an Azerite trait. Also thunderfury mog is very enticing.

Many outlaw rogues went that route because of the powerful aoe potential/ease of play.

Legendary gloves/aoe ring, azerite traits increasing extra attack. Slice and Dice trait keeping the energy and attack speed flowing non stop. Basically a 2 button killing machine for dungeons and islands.

there is a neat combo for fan of knives, and a legendary and an Azerite trait

Just playing around in assn spec the biggest FoK hit I got at 110 was like 68K PvE stacking traits and warmode.

edit- single target took 68k, required at least 2-3 others that took maybe like 48k each? Really good for islands... just takes buildup. And stealth for that big number for me with the PvP talent, but useless in iPvP.

Love Sin rogue been my spec of choice since day one dor years. I feel in a bias way that it is strongest 1v1 spec of the the 3. Far as pve Outlaw may win here honestly i concede to that so if you want all around PvE and PvP spec then yeah would go Outlaw and that's the reason most people probably go Outlaw.

But i mainly just PvP so SIN i feel cam destroy any class inside or outside burst CDs. There are advantages in playstyle with SIN you do not have with the other classes, being a semi dot class you cam kite and still be doing dmg when kiting a dps.

Also, not to say that it performs poorly in pve it does well and very enjoyable in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Love Sin rogue been my spec of choice since day one dor years. I feel in a bias way that it is strongest 1v1 spec of the the 3. Far as pve Outlaw may win here honestly i concede to that so if you want all around PvE and PvP spec then yeah would go Outlaw and that's the reason most people probably go Outlaw.

But i mainly just PvP so SIN i feel cam destroy any class inside or outside burst CDs. There are advantages in playstyle with SIN you do not have with the other classes, being a semi dot class you cam kite and still be doing dmg when kiting a dps.

Also, not to say that it performs poorly in pve it does well and very enjoyable in my opinion.

True sin is very strong and is my 2nd choice of spec for 110 rogue.. but if you roll a grand melee with roll the bones on outlaw you can usually just draw the curtains cause it’s over.

True sin is very strong and is my 2nd choice of spec for 110 rogue.. but if you roll a grand melee with roll the bones on outlaw you can usually just draw the curtains cause it’s over.
One of the things i pointed out was Sin dangerous outside of CDs, rng mechanics and able to kite while still doing decent dmg. Under right conditions Outlaw can global someone in a stun and solo pve better though. Used to be pretty hard to outdps Outlaw rogues, i may mess around with the spec one day. I haven't played it since end of Legion but played well Outlaw is very strong.

I love sin because I don't need CDs to kill things. An opener kills anything in a BG, and once I get into an AoE scenario, my enery regen becomes insane because of Venemous Wounds on multiple targets. I get poisons on everything with fan of knives, throw a couple ruptures into the crowd, and at that point i just start picking targets to envenom, because every single FoK cast is going to give me 4-5 combo points. I'm always top damage unless a twinked balance druid or blood DK is in the game. I have the single-target oomph *and* necessary crowd control to kill another 110 twink with 60k health in a duel, without cooldowns, which is crucial to actually winning games and not just topping the charts.

And this is all before I've hit 240 ilvl yet. I haven't managed to get into an Antorus group.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/emerald-dream/Rhovali

Hey guys, been gearing up my rogue a ton. 253 Ilvl now but I still feel like I don't do anywhere near the damage I should.

Both in assassination and outlaw. My mage with mostly 210's can double this rogues damage in the blink of an eye and it makes me sad.

Thoughts?

Considering just lvling it if I can't get it to a point I'd like it to be at.

Last edited:
Hey guys, been gearing up my rogue a ton. 253 Ilvl now but I still feel like I don't do anywhere near the damage I should.

Both in assassination and outlaw. My mage with mostly 210's can double this rogues damage in the blink of an eye and it makes me sad.

Thoughts?

Considering just lvling it if I can't get it to a point I'd like it to be at.
Assassination does really good damage and at that ilvl you should have no compliants whatsoever on the pve or pvp of the picture. You may just need to work on your rotation and timing using CDs and what not.

Assassination does really good damage and at that ilvl you should have no compliants whatsoever on the pve or pvp of the picture. You may just need to work on your rotation and timing using CDs and what not.

Yeah I’ve been playing with it for awhile, outside of maintaining all bleeds and poisons and timing a 4pt into toxic blade -> envenom-> double mut combo by pooling energy then throwing vendetta up what else can you do?

Been playing rogue for a long long time just doesn’t seem like the damage is there compared to all the other Twink classes I’ve played with.

Especially things like destro lock, Ret pally dh etc that can double or triple a rogues damage with a quarter of the effort and cooldowns to spare

Users who are viewing this thread