110 or 119 for PVP

tigrewong

Grandfathered
Help me to select 110 or 119 for pvp EU
hello, I'm thinking about equipping a character, I started at 110 but although I love arena, but BG is @#€@@## I can not stop finding twink premades especially in alliance.
What experience do you have in 119? there are many 119 BG premades that 110? and equipping yourself in 119 is easier than in 110?

gearing 119 is easier + i hardly see any premades (sometimes around primetime on weekends)

fyi idk the queue times on 110 but for 119s, horde queue time are between 7-20 mins depending on time (EU btw) and ally queues are mostly between 2-8 mins.

US Alliance community for 119s has premades going pretty much all day. Horde premades are less common, but there are still a few. However, it has been my experience that I come across friendly premades way more often than enemy premades (I mostly solo queue alliance).
Queue times are around 1-3 minutes for regular and 6-10 minutes for epic.

I prefer 119 for twinking pvp but you will be at a disadvantage as most of us got a stack of 333/345 gear from the anniversary event that boosted our item levels and stats that will be difficult to match.

It will still be good vs other people but when some of the geared twinks show up it might be a bit of a pain.

Personally I wanted another 119 twink but don't want to start gearing it as I cant get the same gear now and it will just be disheartening!
[doublepost=1545040316,1545040123][/doublepost]Speaking from the horde side, there are way more alliance premade twink groups at 119. We have a big group of 119's but no one ever seems to be on so I end up solo queing.

Sure I still stomp those silly alliance noobs, but that's what happens when they aren't very good!!!!!! :Troll:

110 BGs are over flowing with twink premades, so if you not in one likely to run into many situations where you are completely outnumbered especially notorious on Horde side. I don't think having a full team or near full team of twinks only kills the bracket because makes people not want to play. Already it is a less active bracket outside anniversary rush we had but 119 I find far more enjoyable to play in. 119 bracket isn't overflowing with premades, and kind of usually 2-3 typically in random matches. So all in all less headaches there than 110.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I prefer 119 for twinking pvp but you will be at a disadvantage as most of us got a stack of 333/345 gear from the anniversary event that boosted our item levels and stats that will be difficult to match.

It will still be good vs other people but when some of the geared twinks show up it might be a bit of a pain.

Personally I wanted another 119 twink but don't want to start gearing it as I cant get the same gear now and it will just be disheartening!
[doublepost=1545040316,1545040123][/doublepost]Speaking from the horde side, there are way more alliance premade twink groups at 119. We have a big group of 119's but no one ever seems to be on so I end up solo queing.

Sure I still stomp those silly alliance noobs, but that's what happens when they aren't very good!!!!!! :Troll:
Sadly this ^

I only have 119 priest and I started late getting the gear anniversary week. Got a 343 neck they just rendered useless since now i have to wear my 332 HoA which rendered that useless though it would have been regardless but was nice for the higher ilvl right now and secondary stats *sighs* but yeah legit 2 pieces to show for that week.

Anyone grinded it out everyday going to have better gear on there 119s, I wanted to turn my hunter twink (111) to a 119 twink but he will be at a gear disadvantage likely. I have done a few quest lines because I had no intent of twinking him at 119 but i want another twink at 119 would like it to be my hunter, but that's another reason im on the fence abput him. Decisions decisions lol.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

The number of 119 that got significant amounts of 333+ anniversary gear vs. the number of people actively passing thru the bracket is going to be minimal. Also, when they finally release the next allied races there will be tons coming through. You will still be better geared than 99% of those people starting a new one now, and next anniversary is only 11 months away... XD

As an example, I have 3-4 "lots of 333+" characters and haven't stepped into a single BG on any of them.

Lots to do in 8.1.

110 feels like an old school twink. 119 does not.

I have both and a 260 ilvl 110 feels godly compared to a 300 ilvl 119.

My advice would be to try 119 out on your next alt you level through so you can see if it's a good fit for you.

110 feels like an old school twink. 119 does not.

I have both and a 260 ilvl 110 feels godly compared to a 300 ilvl 119.

My advice would be to try 119 out on your next alt you level through so you can see if it's a good fit for you.
then again a 300 ilvl twink is like having a 240 110 twink,

then again a 300 ilvl twink is like having a 240 110 twink,
240 still feels like godmode against most 110s. Looking at my 308 ilvl paladin, I have to drop my 110 paladin ilvl to 170 to get his stats to start looking similar.

My whole point is 110 has that old school twink feel, 119 doesn't. That's all.

240 still feels like godmode against most 110s. Looking at my 308 ilvl paladin, I have to drop my 110 paladin ilvl to 170 to get his stats to start looking similar.

My whole point is 110 has that old school twink feel, 119 doesn't. That's all.

i agree, 119 might be a thing next xpac, and for the guys with the gf gear from events shine in their bracket, but all you have to do is 6 questline series' in a specific order to maximize gear at 110 and shine.

As soon as you get your 3x 300 azerite pieces and full 210 blues, you’re gonna be extremely OP at 110. Then, you just need Mythic Antorus gear and you’re set.

... the old rule x9 for PvP x0 for PvE ... and do not be worried that you start with a 119 too late.
I do not share the opinion that the birthday items available a few weeks ago are a must have for a LvL 119 twink. Most people do not have more than 2 or 3 parts of it. Few days ago, a member of the xpoff- board wrote so beautifully, the 333 pieces are the cherries on top of your cream. Myself I got 7 or 8 parts on my WL but can only carry 3 or 4, because I got some double or just for head / neck / chest / etc.
With some diligence you have the chance to bring the equipment of your LvL 119 twink over iLvL 300 with timeless instances. With luck almost completely at 310. This is more than enough to have some fun on the battlefield.
My 119 WL now has an iLvL of 314 and has 89k life, 4k Int, 22% crit, 14% haste, 28% mastery. With older gear [iLvL 295] I have about 4k lives and 200 Int and of all other stats about 1 to 1 1/2% less. This really not significant difference will, in my opinion, very rarely determine the outcome of a fight. Look at the number of people playing 119s twinks here. Not so many. The vast number of opponents in the battleground will be chars, who have less than iLvL 300 to offer.
Although I know that twinking often means getting the last bit out of a char, do not let the missed event stop you from building a LvL 119 twink. It seems more important to me to play a class that you like and that you master well and in the best case with 2 or 3 friends to enter the battleground. Then the fun will find you my friend ... ;-)

I'm pretty sure ilvl is just % based anyway, they've said so in the past and it was spot on. As in 10 ilvl is 10% more stats.

SO the best geared 119s will be maybe 10% "stronger" than you starting new... but you'll still be 40-50% "stronger" than the rest of the bracket. 110 is more fun for secondary stats, ill admit, but 119 just does more raw damage buffed by that ilvl % modifier.

Best advice is just do both. And once again - anniversary means every year. Next year you can try for 333+ to max out too.

edit- except for those crazy 270+ antorus geared 110... but be honest, is that gonna be you?

Next timewalking is jan 2, but it doesn't say which xpac. Curious if the ilvl sees a boost, at least for 120.

Last edited:
edit- except for those crazy 270+ antorus geared 110... but be honest, is that gonna be you?
Getting to 270 is entirely based on luck, how often you full clear Mythic Antorus, and how many people you do it with that are willing to give you loot.
I sell Mythic Ant carries, and while some of my buyers have managed to get to 265+ in 3-5 runs (typically those who reserve my loot, although some others too), some of them typically get to 260 and then decide to stop buying carries because the chance of getting titanforged pieces is quite low.
On average, it took my personal 110s about 8-10 M Ant runs to get to 270+, but that was without anyone funneling me loot.
So if you’re willing to commit, you can definitely get to 270+, although it make take some time and you definitely want to make sure to clear as much of the raid as possible every week.

at 111 your secondary stats are halved
Inside BG you are 119, right? So you're a 119 wearing 233 gear..... not fantastic.

edit- azerite traits are halved in BG (or worse)…. don't know where you got about secondary stats.
[doublepost=1545175381,1545175004][/doublepost]111 welfare gear is 233 purchased off the AH. 110 welfare gear is 210 dropped from BFA rares. That same dropped gear is 217 at 111, so welfare twinking gear is "better" at 111... secondaries don't drop too much from 110-111.

It's all about how much you want to put into it. Cheesing 111 is "better" if you got gold and a decent AH.

Inside BG you are 119, right? So you're a 119 wearing 233 gear..... not fantastic.

edit- azerite traits are halved in BG (or worse)…. don't know where you got about secondary stats.
outside of bgs my dh has 60% mastery inside its 30%. im not disputing 119 is the way to go, but i can’t just pve on any twink i make.

i agree, 119 might be a thing next xpac, and for the guys with the gf gear from events shine in their bracket, but all you have to do is 6 questline series' in a specific order to maximize gear at 110 and shine.
you also have to run a shiton of Mythic antorus (titanforge + relic + sockets etc) and farm island expedition. Also enchants =)

Users who are viewing this thread