110 Boomy starting advice

Iridora

Grandfathered
hi, got my DH well on the way, looking to do my boomkin next. With too many armories available looking for a bit of advice:
Best options for azerite traits?
Leggo seem to be crafted feet and wrist... other good ones?

Appreciate some links to armories, and let me know what you’re geared for (IE, pvp, general pve)
Thanks!

Balance:
-Power of the Moon:
Increased Moonfire initial damage, best Trait for 2+ targets, must be stacked to 3x to be worth it (or 2x combined with Legendary shoulders for now with 3+ targets)(not worth taking in PVP at all since the damage is reduced by 75% against players)
[8.1: Changed to periodical damage increase, probably still the strongest AOE trait but no more moonfirespam, shoulders wont be worth using anymore, bearform+ cape will also loose most value for balance spec, PVP scaling needs to be tested]
-Streaking Stars: High damage during our CA/Incarnation, probably best ST trait right now, incredible in Arena and also nice in BG when your CD is ready, nice synergy with legy ring
[8.1: Unchanged, but wont be stacked to more than 2x ]
-High Noon:
Increased Sunfire initial damage, really good in PVP right now if stacked to 3x , allows high pressure damage while chasing targets and theres no cast to be interrupted (comparably weak in PVE, PotM is stronger there)
[8.1: Also changed to periodical damage increase, unless its scaling is still better in PVP than PotM or the second effect which only increases the radius is changed to something more interesting its probably not worth getting this trait]
-Lively Spirit:
Really strong for raid encounters if you have good healers, might be stronger than Streaking Stars with perfect execution
[8.1: not sure about changes but not worth taking over SS+ the new trait]
-Sunblaze/Arcane Pulsar!: Might be good at 110 in ST but probably weak in comparison to the other choices, still worth getting at least on one piece because:
[8.1 : this trait is replaced by Arcane Pulsar, which grants 6 seconds of CA/Incarnation after casting 9x Starsurge and also increases your Starsurge Damage, having one of those will be definately mandatory for ST and offers more interesting gameplay, great synergy with Streaking Stars ]
-Lunar Shrapnel and Dawning Sun: Comparably weak and probably not worth taking [8.1: unchanged]
Legendaries:
-Fury of Nature:
Strongest Legendary for Dungeons and Islands if used with 3x PotM, incredible AOE damage + 30% Leech on Arcane+Nature Damage [probably much weaker in 8.1 with the PotM changes]
-Sephuz:
Good overall choice
-Impeccable Fel Essence:
Strong choice on Raid encounters combined with 3x Streaking Stars [1x or 2x in 8.1]
-Oneths Intuition:
Not really that strong right now but more interesting gameplay
-Promise of Elune: Good singletarget choice, great Selfheal, best selfheal in World PVP
[-Emerald Dreamcatcher: This Legendary reduces the AsP cost on Starsurge, not interesting right now, but was the best ST choice in Prepatch and will have an obviously strong Synergy with the new arcane Pulsar trait, it has to be tested out whether the best ST build will be 1x Arcane Pulsar + 2x SS or if its worth sacrificing one SS for this legendary]

TLDR: 3x PotM for AOE, 3x Streaking Stars for Burst/Singletarget, probably 1x Arcane Pulsar +2x Streaking Stars for ST in 8.1.

This should sum it up, altho the wrists are stronger than I thought and Im currently running them myself and testing around with them since they are more fun to play with, but they lost a lot of the strength they had in legion since we lost stellar empowerment and stellar drift was severely nerfed.
The boots however are only good for movement speed, and if thats your goal you should combine them with Sephuz. In terms of power the other boots are stronger, at 111 they may be a viable dps-option due to the value gemslots gain, but unless you plan to maximize your movement speed I wouldnt spent gold on them for a 110.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/alleria/ayon
Currently in AOE setup but the gear Im wearing changes often since the ideal boomy setup is different for every situation.

I'm playing around with a Boomy right now using Power of the Moon Bear Cloak spam. It's certainly fun for Islands and I'm a bit concerned about the upcoming nerf, but perhaps it won't be entirely nerfed. I use the Sentinel's Eternal boots on my DH and those 3 prismatic slots are invaluable.

Users who are viewing this thread