10s info question

Pewcarries

I just got into 10 twinking yesterday. I want to make a lfg tank/speedrunner to have fun and level other toons. I've been digging through this site for info, but it all seems contradictory or out of date. Read the shadowlands 10s guide. But that seems to be "farm bfa BOEs" but other threads talk about BFA BoEs not being equipable at 10. I'm gathering the twink game changed a lot these last few months with fixes. Is there anywhere that has up to date info?

I saw peoples armories with this ilvl 44 gear from WoD equipped on tens. Got those exact pieces and it told me can't equip till 35. Except one the bramble staff. Did they fix all the others and over look bramble staff ilvl 44? I got it yesterday. Is there other ilvl 44 gear I can get on my monk before I start farming TBC socket gear?

but other threads talk about BFA BoEs not being equipable at 10.
You farm the BoEs on a level 13/14/15 and they scale to level 6. Even though we can't get them to scale right to 10, they're still very good and are BiS for a number of off slots (most notably bracers, cloak, ring, and neck.) Legion works too and Legion farms are much more common.
I saw peoples armories with this ilvl 44 gear from WoD equipped on tens. Got those exact pieces and it told me can't equip till 35. Except one the bramble staff. Did they fix all the others and over look bramble staff ilvl 44? I got it yesterday. Is there other ilvl 44 gear I can get on my monk before I start farming TBC socket gear?
Yes, all of this is fixed (except for the staff.)

I've been digging through this site for info, but it all seems contradictory or out of date. Read the shadowlands 10s guide. But that seems to be "farm bfa BOEs" but other threads talk about BFA BoEs not being equipable at 10.

Do you remember where you read that BfA BoEs can't be equipped at 10? If you're referring to this thread, that seems to be regarding max level BfA epics that, no disrespect meant to the poster, judging from their item stats, should have been evident they were not intended for use by level 10s. Anything that seems too good to be true or crazy OP is usually something Blizzard overlooked.

10.jpg
50.jpg

As of the patch, countless tooltips are incorrect.

Aside from needing a little tweaking due to stat adjustments from last Tuesday's patch, DeLindsay's guide is the most up-to-date and accurate resource you can find. Unless you're aiming for full epics (enjoy the grind), you will find most of your BiS gear in BC dungeons (dem gems) or as green trash drops that have a gem socket from Legion or BfA mobs. Check out some fellow twinks' gear for an idea of what direction to go in. Keep in mind, anything with an absurdly high iLvl or crazy OP is usually something Blizzard overlooked.

Last edited:
Welcome to 10's! I do try and keep my Guides up to date and as far as I'm aware my SL 10 Guide is still correct. It's missing a few bits of info that I've not been able to verify personally but pretty well rounded for what it gives. 10's also share much in common (Gearing concepts) with 15's, 19's, 20's and even 1's since the SL squish so do check some of their Guides as well.

As @lvlonefun pointed out, Tool Tips are so completely screwed since 9.0.5 that I don't trust any of it. Hell, TT's have been screwed ever since Pre-Patch so the best thing to say is good luck ;)

This is a bit of a necro but didn't think I needed a new thread:

I made a 10 Brew just to have. I noticed that if I don't select a spec my spinning crane kick cost 0 energy so I can spam it forever. Worth keeping or should I select BM for the mastery? Also my dodge is very low, I'm assuming tank spec would get some increased baseline dodge/parry?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread