EU+US 109 shockadin gear?

zak

Grandfathered
my main question is athrogs or artifact weap... also which gear to fill the slots that arent boes?

Artifact, no question. You can fill slots with full BoE's if you choose. If you want to remain full Plate you won't even hit the iLvL a 101 can with mixed Gear and since there's Int Gear for every slot, why not. Granted I don't recommend mixed gear for non-Main Stat like a Warrior wearing Cloth Shoulders as example. If you are curious about Gear choices check my Sig for my 101 Shockadin Haggas.

Outside of Boe's, you should be running TW day/night when it's up because you get access to ~815 iLvL (same with Event Holidays) so at the very least you can fully Gear out your 109 through TW, Crafting, Legion Rares and Violet Hold and end up somewhere around ~805 iLvL (full Plate). That'll give you a good starting point to then slowly purchase the BoE's you're happy with.

Some points about Shockadin (unf "Healers" don't work in Raidbots so I still haven't been able to DPS Sim mine for proper Stats):
  • Crit: 50% is the hard cap sub 110 for Holy Shock, anything more is of far less value.
  • Mastery: useless unless you're building it as a Healer 1st, Shockadin 2nd (but you're going to get tons anyway).
  • Haste: 50% exactly is 1 sec GCD.
  • Versa: This is what I stack on mine since I'm already over 50% Crit/Haste and there's nothing I can do about it.
  • Relics: 810's if you can get them, otherwise use double Holy Shock.
  • Leech: meh, it's nice to have but frankly Shockadin is beyond God Mode (at least in PvE).
  • SOCKETS: Dooo eeet!

Artifact, no question. You can fill slots with full BoE's if you choose. If you want to remain full Plate you won't even hit the iLvL a 101 can with mixed Gear and since there's Int Gear for every slot, why not. Granted I don't recommend mixed gear for non-Main Stat like a Warrior wearing Cloth Shoulders as example. If you are curious about Gear choices check my Sig for my 101 Shockadin Haggas.

Outside of Boe's, you should be running TW day/night when it's up because you get access to ~815 iLvL (same with Event Holidays) so at the very least you can fully Gear out your 109 through TW, Crafting, Legion Rares and Violet Hold and end up somewhere around ~805 iLvL (full Plate). That'll give you a good starting point to then slowly purchase the BoE's you're happy with.

Some points about Shockadin (unf "Healers" don't work in Raidbots so I still haven't been able to DPS Sim mine for proper Stats):
  • Crit: 50% is the hard cap sub 110 for Holy Shock, anything more is of far less value.
  • Mastery: useless unless you're building it as a Healer 1st, Shockadin 2nd (but you're going to get tons anyway).
  • Haste: 50% exactly is 1 sec GCD.
  • Versa: This is what I stack on mine since I'm already over 50% Crit/Haste and there's nothing I can do about it.
  • Relics: 810's if you can get them, otherwise use double Holy Shock.
  • Leech: meh, it's nice to have but frankly Shockadin is beyond God Mode (at least in PvE).
  • SOCKETS: Dooo eeet!
thanks for the response! also, this is for pvp right?

and you might actually want Athrogs in iPvP
No he won't. :)

Traits are active in iPVP and outweigh that little stat gain through a bit higher item level by a mile.

@OP
Don't do quests and stuff which grants gear before 109. Have the class hall thingy active which increases the reward procs for rare / epic. You don't need the 810s relics for 101s. You will get equal ones through quests and better(?) ones through timewalking.

You have to use plate on all slots or you will lose a lot of stats in iPVP because of the template.
Always have gunpowder charge on you, you will use it almost on cooldown.

Last edited:
No he won't. :)

Traits are active in iPVP and outweigh that little stat gain through a bit higher item level by a mile.
You sure about that as an iPvP "Healer" type Shockadin? I can say 100% that on Dummies and at 101 (not 109 like he wants) the Artifact Weapon is superior (with double 810's) to Athrogs for DPS but not at all for Healing. Healing was quite a bit stronger with Athrogs than my Artifact. This was when I had ~R17 on mine. Also since when can we get Relics from TW?

I agree on the full Plate for iPvP, the OP didn't specify that originally which is why I commented the way I did.

I can say 100% that on Dummies and at 101 (not 109 like he wants) the Artifact Weapon is superior (with double 810's) to Athrogs for DPS but not at all for Healing. Healing was quite a bit stronger with Athrogs than my Artifact. This was when I had ~R17 on mine.
iPvP. Athrog will increase your item level by 1-5 depending on the version you are using => 0.1-0.5% better stats from the template. This will not make up for losing all the traits and the ability.

Also since when can we get Relics from TW?
I meant battlegrounds, not timewalking. Sorry for that. :) but I don't know the item level of rare proc relics.

Users who are viewing this thread