109 Fire Mage Twink: A few screenshots

kektard

Legend
I figured i would contribute to type of thread ßlunk made.

The first 2 screenshots show my stats in the 2 sets ive been using for BGs.(one set with focus on Crit/Intellect and the other is focused soley on Haste, to reduce cast time on Greater Pyro for the start of the BG when i pop TW). During the BGs i used Mage intellect buff and Flask of Whispered Pact along with Potions of Prolonged Power.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    668 KB · Views: 715
  • 3.png
    3.png
    670.8 KB · Views: 714
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 713
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 635
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    709.6 KB · Views: 604
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 588
Impressive - you also have among the highest healing numbers due to the leech....however I can't help but wonder why you don't try to find higher ilvl gear, 189+ for the 101 epic boes - yes they're expensive but imagine the increase in dmg output.

now that the Whitemend and Spellfire is back after ptr goes live .. i have a feeling, that 10% increased in spell power is a good trade for no matter what ilvl the helm and pants can give .. even by legion BOEs .. you mages can test it out .. the last time i tested it .. was on a 100 mage, during legion, there is an overall increased in spellpower about 6% at the expense of some secondary .. couldnt test the whitemend due to the prof requirement problem .. spellfire set takes up 3 slots for a 7% spellpower increase, i dont think that will appeal to most, but a 2 piece exchange for 10%, is a good swap, which is a whitemend set .. nothing on gear stats can give you a 10% increase in raw spellpower

during the lvl100 mage 3 pc spellfire set test, i used all 5 int 6 stam gems .. it gives 6+% increased in overall spellpower

now that the Whitemend and Spellfire is back after ptr goes live .. i have a feeling, that 10% increased in spell power is a good trade for no matter what ilvl the helm and pants can give .. even by legion BOEs .. you mages can test it out .. the last time i tested it .. was on a 100 mage, during legion, there is an overall increased in spellpower about 6% at the expense of some secondary .. couldnt test the whitemend due to the prof requirement problem .. spellfire set takes up 3 slots for a 7% spellpower increase, i dont think that will appeal to most, but a 2 piece exchange for 10%, is a good swap, which is a whitemend set .. nothing on gear stats can give you a 10% increase in raw spellpower

during the lvl100 mage 3 pc spellfire set test, i used all 5 int 6 stam gems .. it gives 6+% increased in overall spellpower

Does whiteness helm have meta socket? If not I’m not too sure people would trade out that for the bonus. But maybe

Does whiteness helm have meta socket? If not I’m not too sure people would trade out that for the bonus.

How much do you get for your goggles? is ~20 vers and 70 mastery equal a 10% spellpower increase? You actually gain gem slots you can stack your versatility in to offset the loss. Does it work differently for arcane? To give up the meta too?

My fire mage gets around the same damage out of 10 int (+ arcane int sp) as he does 20 vers. 200 vers is about 10% damage? 5% dmg reduction? You're only sporting 855 INT so I guess that's a big difference, I think im at like 1100.

That's why I brought up your bracer enchant before, you're taking less vers than you could have INT for the chant.

I'll definitely give it a go down the road on my mage, but damn.... that materials cost! Even crafting it all yourself. :confused:

edit- what I see with your setup, veechard, is losing bonus damage from all that versatility. 10% sp on top of 20+% versatility. The sp bonus is even stronger than just 10% for all that versatility you stack. And for the bracer enchant too.

Giving up damage, to go for less damage by stacking more +damage. For minimal reduction increase that little bit gives.

Impressive - you also have among the highest healing numbers due to the leech

I've only played one game on my mage since hitting 109, and I had 76k healing done with no leech. It was ToK tho. Other side had 4 hunters and I got chewed up in my unfinished gear. LOL! We won tho, that's all I was after to get a BG crate.

And now I totally forget what I found out on the PTR from it... it was not 136, that's all I remember.

Last edited:
How much do you get for your goggles? is ~20 vers and 70 mastery equal a 10% spellpower increase? You actually gain gem slots you can stack your versatility in to offset the loss. Does it work differently for arcane? To give up the meta too?

My fire mage gets around the same damage out of 10 int (+ arcane int sp) as he does 20 vers. 200 vers is about 10% damage? 5% dmg reduction? You're only sporting 855 INT so I guess that's a big difference, I think im at like 1100.

That's why I brought up your bracer enchant before, you're taking less vers than you could have INT for the chant.

I'll definitely give it a go down the road on my mage, but damn.... that materials cost! Even crafting it all yourself. :confused:

edit- what I see with your setup, veechard, is losing bonus damage from all that versatility. 10% sp on top of 20+% versatility. The sp bonus is even stronger than just 10% for all that versatility you stack. And for the bracer enchant too.

Giving up damage, to go for less damage by stacking more +damage. For minimal reduction increase that little bit gives.

I've only played one game on my mage since hitting 109, and I had 76k healing done with no leech. It was ToK tho. Other side had 4 hunters and I got chewed up in my unfinished gear. LOL! We won tho, that's all I was after to get a BG crate.

And now I totally forget what I found out on the PTR from it... it was not 136, that's all I remember.

Arcane has an odd play style 75+ with access to chrono shift, and my setup I have tested along side a high IL boe high int setup, and I see almost no difference in dmg, is anything I feel more bursts with this setup because I can stack mastery and vers (both giving dmg boosts as arcane). As opposed to being locked into certain secondary’s that I may or may not want, with a int stacking set.

Rest assured I’ve done a lot of testing. 20% leech set, 1K+ int set, and full mastery and vers stacking set. For 101 it feels the most powerful and I can survive longer to see stuff come off cooldown

You don't seem to want to hear what im saying. Choosing the mastery for what, like 6/3% increase to blast/barrage?

Instead of 10% more damage to everything? Including arcane blast/barrage? Losing only maybe .5% reduction?

And then your versatility on top of that? Right? Because you're going to buff that extra SP too. By [versatility] %.

And the bracer is the same stuff, 13 int vs 12 vers… Over 1% damage vs 0.5% damage and 0.25% reduction? Why? You're just stacking those stats for the sake of stacking them, but you're not getting anything "BiS" from it as you seem to think.

It's all rather irrelevant amounts, but you're locked into a mindset and i'd hate for others to follow for no reason.

edit- at your INT, straight spellpower is going to crush the benefit from the diminished returns youre stacking. Saying... all that vers only increases what damage (spell power) you give it. Balancing to a point will be much stronger. It's not 1-1.

Like when your trinket procs - is 1% (vers) of 179 int better, or 10% (spell power) of 179 better? It's raw damage...

Damage that improves much more than just arcane blast/barrage like your mastery does. Doesn't that make sense?

Last edited:
You don't seem to want to hear what im saying. Choosing the mastery for what, like 6/3% increase to blast/barrage?

Instead of 10% more damage to everything? Including arcane blast/barrage? Losing only maybe .5% reduction?

And then your versatility on top of that? Right? Because you're going to buff that extra SP too. By [versatility] %.

And the bracer is the same stuff, 13 int vs 12 vers… Over 1% damage vs 0.5% damage and 0.25% reduction? Why? You're just stacking those stats for the sake of stacking them, but you're not getting anything "BiS" from it as you seem to think.

It's all rather irrelevant amounts, but you're locked into a mindset and i'd hate for others to follow for no reason.

edit- at your INT, straight spellpower is going to crush the benefit from the diminished returns youre stacking. Saying... all that vers only increases what damage (spell power) you give it. Balancing to a point will be much stronger. It's not 1-1.

Like when your trinket procs - is 1% (vers) of 179 int better, or 10% (spell power) of 179 better? It's raw damage...

Damage that improves much more than just arcane blast/barrage like your mastery does. Doesn't that make sense?

Bro your barking up the wrong tree. Again, I’ve tested int sets and I’ve tested this vers mastery set. This sets blows it out of the water.

And for the record in this bracket just like 19 bracket, I’d take 1 vers over 1 primary any day

And for the record in this bracket just like 19 bracket, I’d take 1 vers over 1 primary any day

Cast arcane intellect on yourself. Note how much all your abilities increase. Go ahead, I already know... seems you don't.

You have 855 intellect. 1% of that is 8.5 intellect... right? So 13 intellect is 1.5% of your total intellect, give or take.

That's 1.5% damage. Flat damage. How much versatility do you need to get 1.5% damage? SMH.

THIS ISNT 19.

Cast arcane intellect on yourself. Note how much all your abilities increase. Go ahead, I already know... seems you don't.

You have 855 intellect. 1% of that is 8.5 intellect... right? So 13 intellect is 1.5% of your total intellect, give or take.

That's 1.5% damage. Flat damage. How much versatility do you need to get 1.5% damage? SMH.

THIS ISNT 19.

Not a lot tbh.

10%.

That's the point. "Not a lot" is what you're comprehending here... not being mean, but you're just plain wrong.

Arcane intellect increases your spellpower by 10%. (just intellect, but you dont have any spellpower enchants)

All your abilities increase their damage by -------> 10%. At 850 int, or at 1000 int. It's static. Intellect (SP) is raw damage. When your intellect is lower like yours, intellect matters more because the same amounts improve your abilities more than someone with more intellect. You'll benefit even more from the same enchant than int stackers, and less from the 12 vers.

13 intellect to that bracer will ALWAYS give better return than your 12 vers. Until like 2000 int or so? Until that 13 intellect is like 0.6% of your total, so then the 12 vers will finally be equivalent in the 0.5% it increases damage. (Plus 0.25% red)

There's a trade-off for value in vers, sure... but it's nowhere near 1-1. 1.5% dmg vs 0.5% dmg and 0.25% reduction? :rolleyes:

edit- None of it really matters, but you cant just throw versatility everywhere and go claiming "BiS"... you'll mislead a lot of people with misinformation because you don't care to know the difference. The last thing twinking needs in more of that.

And it's 30 versatility, by the way, to get 1.5% damage at 109. Which is what you are inside BG. Versus 13 intellect.

Double. And then some. But..... "not a lot". Right? SMH.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread