US 101 speed twink?

Imatwink

Veteran
I am looking at making a 101 speed twink either demon hunter for speed or warrior for main mog. Anyone have any experience with this? Is 101 better than 110? who is a good template to look at?

I'm pretty sure they fucked up 101 scaling. Maybe it's just the squish, but my 101's stats were trashed. 230% mastery -> 90% mastery with the same gear.

You can still make a 101 DH with speed gear, you just need more of it. Also, sockets for mastery are going to be necessary to maximize speed. Just make sure it's all leather. Happy AH hunting!

Not really. I leveled mine to 109 (Semanova - Sargeras). Her gear is still mostly 101 stuff I used before leveling her. She's nowhere near as fast as she used to be 224%+ speed, but she's faster than my max level DH.

edit: using cloth replacements with high mastery and sockets she has 141% run speed and in her dps leather suit she has 122%. She is mostly budget. With the new 200+ ilvl drops that are showing up, with a socket, I'd imagine you could get to 175%+ if you really wanted to!

edit 2: 12% speed on cloth set. That used to give me 20% before stat squish, aim for 20% speed!

Last edited:
@Imatwink

Here is my own 101 twink that have 143% movement speed

upload_2018-9-9_22-54-53.png

here is the armory link https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/illidan/fatesaberr

what do you mean speed gear ? gears with tert stats Speed on it ? at the start of legion i tried that on a hunter .. my speed was at 187% with 6 or 7 pieces of higher lvl BOE gears with Speed on it, at the end of legion they did something to it and my speed drops to 130 plus % .. i dont think you can get that now .. they reduced the tertiary stats even further .. the speed on a DH is different .. someone told me you need to gear mastery on a DH for the speed to increase and you can get to 200%, for all other class, you cannot get over the 140 % mark now .. as their effect decreases more and more with each additional armor you put on, the new ilvl224 gears will not make much of a diff, not even if you have 6 pieces of it

Users who are viewing this thread