EU+US 101 LvL Fire Mage, Need help

Rashx7

Veteran
Hi guys, Im so new to this twink playstyle. I would like to ask you guys how to level my weapon artifact traits. What path should I follow ? And how to obtain mythic gear from dreanor content. Tried to solo world boss kazzak but he hitted me really hard. Any advice ?

I'm guessing you already went fire. In which case my suggestion would have been to go arcane however assume to late for that.

As far as Kazzak wrecking you, try to get some leech gear and get very comfortable with fire as far as kiting and cool downs. Might have to ice lock his 1 shot doom ability.

To get draenor mythic gear, simply go into looking for group legacy and either find a mythic HFC or form one yourself.

Don't forget to grab your seals from stormshield for a an extra roll on gear 3 times a week, and yes you can bonus roll on Kazzak which id recommend doing as soon as you can solo for chipped soul prism.

Link me your armory and I might be able to suggest gear for you.

@Veechard i've made a arcane mage aswell with ilvl 818 yet . With 24% leech im unkillable but the damage in my eyes is awful, any tips-suggestions? Arcane explosion's damage isnt great overall even with 4 arcane stacks, artefact weapon is pretty decent but the explosion itself is really Bad. I Run 61% tempo and 77% mastery

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/blackrock/luukøs

Edit yea i know im missing hfc mythic braces and shoes but I dont think they will Push my dps massively

Last edited:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/narata

this is my char, still new. I have %9 leech, didnt farm AP for my weapon yet and didnt finish storylines for 800ilvl items. But I would like to learn which way should I go ? I read that "aftershocks" trait is not so good. I mean its dmg is lower then actual flamestrike so whicch way should I go? I guess taking %5 movespeed stacked for 5 times is good for faster clearing. Maybe %15 max heal over 6 sec with blink is also usefull depends on ur leach. What else should I aim?

@Veechard i've made a arcane mage aswell with ilvl 818 yet . With 24% leech im unkillable but the damage in my eyes is awful, any tips-suggestions? Arcane explosion's damage isnt great overall even with 4 arcane stacks, artefact weapon is pretty decent but the explosion itself is really Bad. I Run 61% tempo and 77% mastery

Edit yea i know im missing hfc mythic braces and shoes but I dont think they will Push my dps massively

Gear looks great, what level is your artifact weapon at? Honestly I didn't see any big damage increase until late teens early twenties.

I see great damage when I have 4 stacks and arcane explosion spamming. You usually want to prioritize your cool downs. For example, say your running nelth lair, use arcane barrage and chrono shift talent and instead of killing everything before the waterfall leading to 1st boss, freeze them, jump, and invis. This saving you time and a cooldown. Big pulls are key. I like to pull up to bosses and single target boss till most of the adds catch up, pop some cd, and arcane explosion spam so both boss and all the adds take damage.

It's super feely mate. If you play him enough you will get what I mean. There should be movements almost like a rogue would, and you don't miss beats, as far as what your pulling, and when to use certain CDs at certain point of the instance or encounter.
[doublepost=1506018266,1506018080][/doublepost]
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/narata

this is my char, still new. I have %9 leech, didnt farm AP for my weapon yet and didnt finish storylines for 800ilvl items. But I would like to learn which way should I go ? I read that "aftershocks" trait is not so good. I mean its dmg is lower then actual flamestrike so whicch way should I go? I guess taking %5 movespeed stacked for 5 times is good for faster clearing. Maybe %15 max heal over 6 sec with blink is also usefull depends on ur leach. What else should I aim?

Sorry I can only suggest gear as I don't play fire, but seems like you already know what to get in that department. If you got the gold to swap in and out gear gems and chants, I'd suggest doing that to see what the best damage is.

Last but not least just have fun. Learn ur class and over time, it will come to you what is most important. Trial and error. Sorry I can't be more helpful on the talents, those I would definitely recommend finding out exactingly what path to go. Or really study them and your class over and weigh what might be best for your play style. Can't go wrong with either.

should I go for Dreanor mythic gears or 800ilvl quest rewards are fine tho for farming and boosting ?

On a side note, and relating to how you become a perfectionist with movement and pulling and stuff, I raced a 101 Druid who claimed he was fastest on stormrage and beat him by well over 15 seconds. Thus putting an end to the never seeing of arcane mages getting mentioned when it comes to speed in power leveling.

Keep practicing, and leveling that art weapon
[doublepost=1506018657,1506018598][/doublepost]
should I go for Dreanor mythic gears or 800ilvl quest rewards are fine tho for farming and boosting ?

800 chest+ 800 pants

draenor bracers, boots, and kazz trinket + mulligan.

@Veechard the movement is awesome with 50% speed permanent, but when i pull all cds on Boss I nearly do zero damage compared to my shaman, Maximum is 650k dps while spamming arcane blast + arcane missile while power, trinket and rune is active and thats pretty poor for a burst spec as arcane :) on the other side i only have 14 Traits maybe i need some more

Users who are viewing this thread