Xpoff pvp badges

Discussion in 'Official Xpoff Community PvP System' started by Onlydreams, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Onlydreams

Onlydreams saved

As the months/years go by so do the pvp seasons and various tournaments. Already now I've noticed a few users that have quite a lot of pvp related badges.

By the end of Legion people could have 8 badges from the ladder alone (r1 title + class mastery * 4 seasons) plus badges from the twinkcup and other tournaments.

In a year or two it's not hard to imagine some users looking like this
    [​IMG]
    (poorly edited example)

So I thought: why not make all the pvp badges/titles a bit more streamlined?
    I was thinking there could be one badge for ladder rewards and one for tournament rewards. When you mouseover a users ladder badge you can see all their ladder achievements: skirmish master, level 29 vindictive rival, level 70 cruel gladiator, level 19 ferocious warrior master, etc..
    And when you mouseover their tournament badge it would show all their tournament related rewards such as twinkcup champion 2020 and so on.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    Sketchbag and Conq like this.
  2. Glorifyd

Glorifyd Vindictive Gladiator

Ive suggested to a few admins about making less badge rewards and maybe have portrait border rewards for higher end events. Something like a finishing hat in the top corner like your avatar is wearing it, or maybe a silver/golden dragon border like rares/elites.

3. Onlydreams

Onlydreams saved

I like the rare/elite frame idea. Not sure how you would go about adding them to square avatars though.

4. Conq

Conq Freedom

It's definitely possible we could do some sort of badge consolidation when it becomes necessary. Something like the image you linked would not be allowed to last long.

5. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Veteran

Exactly why I keep bringing it up in the "rewards" threads.
    Sometimes less is more.

/cheers

6. Zeiren

Zeiren 2x TC Champion

these badges are ridiculous