XPOff Arena Season 2

Bop

Remember the Treeline
With patch 7.2 on the PTR, I felt like it would now be appropriate to post the (slightly) updated requirements for earning pvp achievements for characters on XPOff's Arena Ladder for our 2nd Arena Season.

Remaining The Same:

Title Gladiator will be awarded to the top 3 players in each bracket and region over 2000 rating.
Gladiator will be awarded to the top 10 players in each bracket and region over 1900 rating.
Duelist will be awarded to the top 20 players in each bracket and region over 1800 rating.
Rival will be awarded to the top 35 players in each bracket and region over 1700 rating.
Challenger will be awarded to the top 50 players in each bracket and region over 1600 rating.

Changing:

Class Mastery will now only be awarded to the top 2 ranked characters of each class with 100 or more wins on that character (was previously 100 games played).

Notes:

Only the Title Gladiator achievements will be carried over between seasons. This is the same rule as endgame. Gladiator, Duelist, Rival, and Challenger achievements will be reset in-between seasons, with only the results of the most recent season contributing to those achievements.

Class Mastery will also NOT be carried over between seasons. Starting this season, there will also be bracket-specific Class Mastery achievements.

As always, you will need to verify that you own a character on the XPOff arena ladder before the rewards for that character are added to your account.

Thanks and happy skirmishing!

Bop

Last edited:
For new members what is the process of signing up for areana season on xpoff ?
All you've got to do is add your characters to the arena ladder (which is information given to us by the official blizzard API) which you can do here: http://xpoff.com/wow-ladder/ (also a link on the top navigation bar of the website)

Once the season comes to an end Bop will go through the process of verifying the top ranked people for specific rewards, it is those peoples job to reach out to Bop because in game names may not always coordinate with forum names.

All you've got to do is add your characters to the arena ladder (which is information given to us by the official blizzard API) which you can do here: http://xpoff.com/wow-ladder/ (also a link on the top navigation bar of the website)

Once the season comes to an end Bop will go through the process of verifying the top ranked people for specific rewards, it is those peoples job to reach out to Bop because in game names may not always coordinate with forum names.

thanks conq, If it wasn't for your in game message on bh wouldn't have found this site.. keep up the good work ...a few more questions. So we just queue for areana's normally ingame and we will be ranked in xpoff? also how are the areana queue's for 19's like?

thanks conq, If it wasn't for your in game message on bh wouldn't have found this site.. keep up the good work ...a few more questions. So we just queue for areana's normally ingame and we will be ranked in xpoff? also how are the areana queue's for 19's like?
It's my pleasure man, yup you just queue for normal arena skirmishes like you normally would and the information is sent from blizzards end to ours, I could be mistaken but I believe arena queues at 19s and most brackets are very fast.

Depends on what time you are quing, for example, level 20 2v2 skirmishes pops alot around 3pm EST - 9pm EST. I think its kinda same for 19s too, atleast in US.

I didn't receive my Gladiator / Warlock Master badges for season 1 - how do I go about getting those?

i think all survival hunters should be banned from getting badges unless they have a 100% win ratio

like how do u lose as a surv lmao

@Iild @Wil @Original @Bop
I'm not sure if this is a joke or not - but obviously banning anyone from an arena ladder is a dumb idea.
Neither the API based skirmish ladders or the real arena ladders have ever been pure objective lists of the most skilled people in the game. There are so many externalities that affects ladders outside of "being the best".
To name a few potential advantages off the top of my head:
  • Queue dodging
  • Playing more/grinding games
  • Having stable internet (0% DC losses)
  • Not getting forced into 3v3 games while queuing for 2v2 (rng)
  • Playing a superior/fotm comp
  • Wintrading
If you start removing externalities/advantages outside of player skill, how do you justify not removing all of them? (spoiler: you can't). And more importantly: at which point have you altered the ladder so much that it's illegitimate? In my opinion that happens as soon as you change anything at all.

There will always be a best class/spec. You can keep removing them until there's only one class/spec left, but that's never how ladders have worked. Not the xpoff ladders and not the real arena ladders.

@Iild @Wil @Original @Bop
I'm not sure if this is a joke or not - but obviously banning anyone from an arena ladder is a dumb idea.
Neither the API based skirmish ladders or the real arena ladders have ever been pure objective lists of the most skilled people in the game. There are so many externalities that affects ladders outside of "being the best".
To name a few potential advantages off the top of my head:
  • Queue dodging
  • Playing more/grinding games
  • Having stable internet (0% DC losses)
  • Not getting forced into 3v3 games while queuing for 2v2 (rng)
  • Playing a superior/fotm comp
  • Wintrading
If you start removing externalities/advantages outside of player skill, how do you justify not removing all of them? (spoiler: you can't). And more importantly: at which point have you altered the ladder so much that it's illegitimate? In my opinion that happens as soon as you change anything at all.

There will always be a best class/spec. You can keep removing them until there's only one class/spec left, but that's never how ladders have worked. Not the xpoff ladders and not the real arena ladders.
I disagree completely. You're argument that just because there are other external issues which affect the arena ladder that cannot be fixed and as such you should not ban other issues due to all other issues not being resolved is ridiculous. The only relevant point you made is that at what point does altering the ladder remove it's legitimacy. I can completely understand your viewpoint that if you change anything it removes that legitimacy, but I would argue that the twink arena ladder is a kin to competitive Super Smash Bros Melee and Brawl. Unlike Smash 4, Melee and Brawl could not be patched, similar to twinks, and therefore stage bans and character bans had to be done by the community. I would argue that because of twinks having no developer support it is important to balance the game ourselves. This can be seen in every tournament that twinks have ever held, there are always some rules banning certain specs or limiting the number of spec allowed. It is ultimately the Arena Ladder Team's choice on whether to balance the arena ladder, but in my opinion it is easy enough to merely make it so that hunters who queue as survival do not get badge rewards. I do not see this as an unreasonable request and this can obviously be a case by case bases depending on bracket and unbalance.

Edit: On your last point about removing the best spec until there is none left. I can understand that viewpoint but what I am saying is that there will always be a best class, but unfortunately at lower levels survival hunter is so good that it comes to the point where if you are not play survival hunter, you are at such a disadvantage that you cannot win if you are not playing a survival hunter yourself. Off course survival hunter is beatable, and I can understand that banning something before the meta can be allowed to evolve is incorrect, survival hunters are so unbelievably overpowered at the 19 and 29 brackets that there needs to be a community ban on them.

Last edited:
I disagree completely. You're argument that just because there are other external issues which affect the arena ladder that cannot be fixed and as such you should not ban other issues due to all other issues not being resolved is ridiculous. The only relevant point you made is that at what point does altering the ladder remove it's legitimacy. I can completely understand your viewpoint that if you change anything it removes that legitimacy, but I would argue that the twink arena ladder is a kin to competitive Super Smash Bros Melee and Brawl. Unlike Smash 4, Melee and Brawl could not be patched, similar to twinks, and therefore stage bans and character bans had to be done by the community. I would argue that because of twinks having no developer support it is important to balance the game ourselves. This can be seen in every tournament that twinks have ever held, there are always some rules banning certain specs or limiting the number of spec allowed. It is ultimately the Arena Ladder Team's choice on whether to balance the arena ladder, but in my opinion it is easy enough to merely make it so that hunters who queue as survival do not get badge rewards. I do not see this as an unreasonable request and this can obviously be a case by case bases depending on bracket and unbalance.

Edit: On your last point about removing the best spec until there is none left. I can understand that viewpoint but what I am saying is that there will always be a best class, but unfortunately at lower levels survival hunter is so good that it comes to the point where if you are not play survival hunter, you are at such a disadvantage that you cannot win if you are not playing a survival hunter yourself. Off course survival hunter is beatable, and I can understand that banning something before the meta can be allowed to evolve is incorrect, survival hunters are so unbelievably overpowered at the 19 and 29 brackets that there needs to be a community ban on them.

Hey original, long time mêlee player here. As far as community bans they took stages away where certain characters would have a insane advantage. I dont think you should compare stage banning to class banning. And as far as competitive smash, the only character that was ever banned was meta knight in brawl, and even that change got reverted. If you look at sm4sh you have bayonetta who is god tier, is she banned? No. Fox is top tier in melee, is he banned? No. Meta knight is his own tier, is he banned? No. People learned how to play against them. For example I que ret paladin and spriest in 2's, and we don't lose to any SV Hunter. All I'm saying is adept, we know facing SV isn't fun, but neither are schisms priester and treant druids!

No no no no

xc

You're argument that just because there are other external issues which affect the arena ladder that cannot be fixed and as such you should not ban other issues due to all other issues not being resolved is ridiculous.
But that was never my argument. I really wanted to point out that no WoW arena ladder, official or not, has ever been purely about skill. It might sound ridiculous, but try to explain to me why every single spec in the game except one shouldn't be banned. Chances are whatever argument you propose can be used against your own idea of banning survival hunters.

Restricting compositions and banning certain specs/classes is all fine for tournaments - it's always going to be up to the organizers to decide their rules. But do not treat arena ladders as a private tournament. They are more official and should be held to a different standard. Deciding whose data we pull from the API and whose we do not violates the integrity of the ladder.

Not to mention: regardless of who you ban from the ladder, it doesn't stop them from queuing up. Their wins and losses will still impact the ladder.

How does the win count? Do you have to soloQ or can you duoQ? do you get the wins if you're in a grp?

Going to necro this thread now that the arena season will be ending shortly :)

After the server goes down ending the season, send me a message with the NAME of your character, your REGION (US/EU), your LEVEL (19, 20, 29, etc), and which titles you believe you have earned.

There are two categories of arena achievements you may earn.

1. Ladder Titles (ranging from Challenger to Rank 1 Gladiator) - you may only earn 1 of these titles; please request only the highest title that you have qualified for (You do not earn both Challenger and Rival if you have a 1700 rating and are in the top 35 characters, you would only earn Rival).

2. Class Mastery (1 for each class) - you may only earn 1 of these titles per XP-off account, and they are reset in-between seasons. These require you to be within the top 2 highest rated of your class in your bracket/region with AT LEAST 100 WINS (not 100 games played, as it was last season).

Users who are viewing this thread