EU+US WTF happened to all the anti p2wins

A lot of them payed for a month or 2, geared up, and un-subbed to play as vet. I really respect f2p purity, but they are a rare breed nowadays. And they would have to fight a HUGE uphill battle.

I don't get it though. Why can't ANYONE who spends so much time playing completely for free not at least put in 2-5 hours worth of work to pay for that 1 month of opportunity. Time is money, in case anyone doesn't see the difference. You can literally pay for 1 month, and have the rest of the game f2p forever if you put a little time into farming SFK and buying tokens. I think hardcore f2p have the ability to this, but many just lack priorities.

And lots of people who go vet keep a f2p set on the side.

Because the amount of time it takes to make 35k gold verses making $20 an hour at any job seems pretty disproportionate. Maybe it's just me, but I have no problem paying for the games that I enjoy

Garrisons bring in 35-40k per month. That is a month's sub per Garrison with just missions alone.
I generally bring in 10-15k on my banker per day and I just log on to it 2x a day for ~5min each time. That equates to approximately 70-100k per week of gross income from that one toon alone. All for 10 min worth of "work" per day.
Addons automate everything nowadays. I spend more time logging in and out toon hopping in the morning collecting gold than I actually spend in game. As it takes less than a minute to do Garrison routines. And that is done while I am going over my itinerary for the day. You see, it is all about multitasking my friend.
My accounts are paid up for a long long time because of this. It has also allowed me to donate to our little "family", to bring new members in and to help other brackets flourish.

Pretty much this. I'd rather spend my gold on stuff I actually want in-game.

Me too..

A lot of them payed for a month or 2, geared up, and un-subbed to play as vet. I really respect f2p purity, but they are a rare breed nowadays. And they would have to fight a HUGE uphill battle.

I don't get it though. Why can't ANYONE who spends so much time playing completely for free not at least put in 2-5 hours worth of work to pay for that 1 month of opportunity. Time is money, in case anyone doesn't see the difference. You can literally pay for 1 month, and have the rest of the game f2p forever if you put a little time into farming SFK and buying tokens. I think hardcore f2p have the ability to this, but many just lack priorities.

And lots of people who go vet keep a f2p set on the side.

If you catch it at the right time it is only $5 for 30 days time. Just think, one or two items is an entire month's sub for the second month. I offer free "full sets" of enchants for people during these sales.
I have made over a year's worth of subscription on BH without a toon over level 20. It can be done. And I do not farm. You just have to be creative.

Last edited:
Inoob just stop... You were the focus of alot of trolling and drama back in cata/MoP for flat out stupid things.. MB spriests and farming the sole person all bg who rezzed just to waste time..

Don't bother anymore. I was one of the activists for F2P "purity" but once merged accounts became a thing half of the F2Ps left. Then once Vets became a thing the other half left. You'll be lucky to name 50 people who are still "pure" (Felix/Tenshin/baby/etc. You all are awesome but F2P achievements stopped meaning something along time ago. Please continue though, I want to see 9000 :D ). This bracket is very slow atm and boring, assuming because spring break, but hopefully with legion and summer coming up activity/interest may kick back up.

A lot of older f2ps are not playing atm quit or either waiting on legion.

This. From what I see on EU, the "f2p realms" like TN for Ally, most players are Vet or have quit/hibernation. However, a fair few have moth-balled their f2p's. I've done 2 BG's all expansion, I hope Legion brings the old community back.

This. From what I see on EU, the "f2p realms" like TN for Ally, most players are Vet or have quit/hibernation. However, a fair few have moth-balled their f2p's. I've done 2 BG's all expansion, I hope Legion brings the old community back.
Unfortunetely it won't.

The whole game is basically f2p, with the exception that have the option of buying the expansions if you want. All you have to do is make the gold. If you choose to pay cash money for WoD, then it becomes even easier, get a few 100s garrison's optimized, and you'll have enough gold to pay your sub and fund twinks every month, for just a few clicks a day.

F2p, as we knew it died when they let 29s in. Never look back. Just move over to 19s, as more than a few old f2ps have, and let 29s die their painful death again.

After going down the linked starter/vet road which turned out to be boring with WoD queue times, I started a pure f2p last autumn.
2595 achievement points char only atm, all of which were done without(!) p2p help.
Just grouped once for a mage portal to the shrine, that's all.
But as Lil said, this is hardly something to boast about...
So what, I have fun:D.
Just don't take this game to serious...

Quite hilarious how all these "pure f2ps" decided to go vet when it was free.
All I remember from them was all their endless crying about vets and 29s : )

I think a lot of them regret going vet on their beloved f2p-accounts instead of upgrading a new starter-account.
I already disliked account-wide ach/mounts/pets/toys.
Showing off your Swift Springstrider/Dalaran Sewer Rat/Titanium Seal (oh what fun it was farming the last two with 100 fishing) etc. was only fun when they were hard to get.
I am farming Pandaria pets (Azure Crane Chick, Carps) atm, but those won't be special to others:( - so what:p...

whole bracket stands on 10 people who actually stand for something. rip

I think a lot of them regret going vet on their beloved f2p-accounts instead of upgrading a new starter-account.
I already disliked account-wide ach/mounts/pets/toys.
Showing off your Swift Springstrider/Dalaran Sewer Rat/Titanium Seal (oh what fun it was farming the last two with 100 fishing) etc. was only fun when they were hard to get.
I am farming Pandaria pets (Azure Crane Chick, Carps) atm, but those won't be special to others:( - so what:p...

For pve achievements only I suppose.
I dont see a reason to stay pure f2p in pvp with how the bracket turned out.

Yep, Nodoka. PvP is barely bearable even as a disc-priest.
Atm I prefer dying my way through Pandaria to queuing BGs, which says it all...

Users who are viewing this thread